Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

cant find shit... died 5 times trying to find stuff around some houses, but i have almost no idea what im doing >_<

edit: just spawned next to a town full of you know what... yay... dead again....

Edited by corky

corky you need to be a bit more stealthy, like a ninja, until you get a weapon of some sort. if your standing or running they will see and or hear you from some distance. you need to scout out the area and move carefully. press X to crouch, Z to prone and C to stand. Shift to move slowly. they have a narrow field of vision so can't see too well behind/peripherally, you can get quite close if your quiet just not directly in front. use the eye/ear meters on the left to judge how visible you might be. generally around 20M could be safe if you're crouching and quiet, just not directly in front of one.

don't go for towns or small houses, these are low value on the map below. I would say head for the nearest medium value or better industrial or farms, or barns, or any airfields if you're close, you will find stuff there like a hatchet or a pistol or a shotgun or a rifle. if your near a city you can look for apartment buildings which have guns too. Once you're armed you can more confidently venture into smaller buildings for food or other supplies like bandages and medicine, or hit up a hospital.

use this map to find a good place to loot. when you spawn, pay attention to the bottom corner, second line I think, will tell you briefly the closest town.

http://dayzdb.com/map

hope that helps :)

I have an M16A4 ACOG and it's pretty awesome.

I don't really like the other M16s though, bad ironsights.

I've only ever found shotguns, enfields or winchesters before so I think I'll try and keep it.

I was having great success with my hatchet though.

Is there a way to unequip a primary gun and put it in a backpack, so I can continue to use the hatchet?

Edited by p0is0n

well that was fucking lame, spawn next to two houses with wood piles out the back and splitters and can't pick them up.....

There's a difference between what is a part of the map and what is spawned loot. :p

I have an M16A4 ACOG and it's pretty awesome.

I don't really like the other M16s though, bad ironsights.

We should have recorded that. Dat hoe and her BF got dropped.

Posted Image

Dat feel I also made a little Russian friend like that i decided not to shoot him as he was bleeding everywhere in a house in cherno so I patched him up and gave him a blood bag and gave him a revolver in my backpack. Once we were stocked up we ran north and I showed him ZUB and how to get to Stary on the way we were shot at by another player and I killed him with my AKM, Russian friend only words were "thanks I not see :D" we then made our way to Stary even though his English was bad he knew enough to understand me I told him to not run when we approached the tents but I must have said it too fast and he agro'd zombies in the tests we shot them but little did we know of what was in the tents.

Talking to him on direct coms I told him to take it slow and go in the 1st tent and the poor guy got shot in the face with a winchester closely followed by me also screaming out in pain that he had died I was so mad I just ran through the tents for him and shot the dude in the tent for me to be only shot by someone covering on the hill.

<3 dayz

Edited by mudg3

Anybody going to play tonight? I plan to get on ANZ3 or 4 around 4:30 - 5pm...

Ive just finished playing and disconnected on top of the control tower at Balota airfield. I met a guy with a Winchester at the airfield, he ignored me so I went after him having zombies chasing us, he lead me to the tower and DCed leaving me alone. Theres not much to loot in the airfield now. Plenty of zombies tho. Id like to catch up with a group I can trust. Gives me the creeps not having any armaments and blood at 7000 cause I survived a previous zombie chase.

Edited by cohmoddersolo

i'll try and get on tonight if i can.

You guys dont mind having a noob along do you?

I'm keen to play too, won't be home for an hour an a half tho. If you guys are on steam i'll msg you then.

I won't get the message on Steam if I'm ingame, your best bet is just coming on Vent.

I'd like to join you guys if that is ok. Gets a bit boring running around by myself and shitting myself when I actually see someone when I got no weapons.

I won't get the message on Steam if I'm ingame, your best bet is just coming on Vent.

Excuse my ignorance if its already been said, can anyone jump on this vent server?

Edited by SoaS

It's our 10 slot private server, but you guys are welcome to join us.

We've quit for now due to getting tired of the ANZ servers going up and down all the time tonight... but add me on Steam and I'll pass on the Vent details.

Don't want to post them publicly.

How do you equip a hatchet as a weapon? My options are harvest wood or remove from pack.

Nevermind, Youtube works good.

Edited by Ghost05

I'm on now if anyone else is playing, near balota with my M16 and fully functional again :)

Edit: Now in Cherno. On ANZ4.

Edit 2: Got killed in cherno, spawned near airfield again. Saw a dude in one of the buildings, he opened fire on my housemate, while distracted I ran up and hatched him to death. Got an alice pack, 2 pistols and another M16 :)

Saw another dude in the control tower thing, looked like a fresh spawner but killed him to be safe.

Edited by p0is0n

Can you kill someone whose not playing? I DCed on top of the Balota control tower. p0is0n.....

Nah mate you can't. and this guy wasn't DC'd so don't worry wasn't you :) If someone starts shooting at you and you don't want to die, you can always quickly quit too, and go to a diff server :P It's one thing I actually dislike about the game...

There were like 3 or 4 fresh kills on the ground at the base of the control tower, no loot on the bodies. I assumed them to be victims of the guy I just hatcheted in the back of the head. I was a carefully scouting around, then heard footsteps come from the floor above me, seconds later a guy pops up at the stairs and i just shot him without hesitation. I suspect it could have been the guy I just killed following my gunshots to try and get his stuff back, or perhaps one of his victims looking for their stuff, not sure, but I've been killed for no reason enough times not to trust anyone.

I might be back on the weekend, but I get a bit bored running around by myself, or in a team of two. Zombies pose almost no threat, its just other players I worry about now. Got killed last night within around 10 seconds of spawning (just north of the control tower at balota) but then I ran back and my body and items were still there. I then started running to Cherno, got some supplies at the hospital and got killed from out of the window of an apartment. Once you have the hang of it, the only future in the game seems to be in killing other players. I might see if I can get my zombie kills up to 500 or something for a bit of fun though, as there is no challenge in ganking noobs. I'd be more than happy to team up against notorious bandits though. I feel a better communication system is needed somehow.

Edited by p0is0n

Go way north and you're no longer dealing with the noobs, you're dealing with geared up players who know what they're doing. :)

Rocket is looking at adding factions and underground bases, shit like that for future teamplay encouragement and so on... so we'll see where the mod goes. :)

Half the reason I haven't touched it in so long is because of how unfinished it is.

Hoping not to be 'burnt out' by the time the mod is completely finished.

Half the reason I haven't touched it in so long is because of how unfinished it is.

Hoping not to be 'burnt out' by the time the mod is completely finished.

+1

This, there's so much talk of what's going to be in the Beta, plus I'm already kinda over it, after the fairly large learning curve and a bit of wep play there really isn't that much left besides griefing new players and I don't go for that.

They need the odd horde of zeds to attack your pos..... sorta like in this early mod, which actually feels like a prequel to Dayz...

It's very raw but fun,... except when you goto rescue the scientists.. there aren't any. :/

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9207

That mod looks pretty cool too.

Im playing DayZ now if anyone else is, on ANZ4.

Id like to play Poison. Do you have steam?

edit: my mic's out of order and Im just lazy to use it...

Edited by cohmoddersolo

Yea my steam is animush, you can add me :)

I don't care about mic i don't really use mine either.

Edited by p0is0n