Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

Sorry about leaving you last night and not getting back Poison. I was AFK then I saw football was on so I got carried on watching it till the end. Great Britain vs Brazil 0 - 2.

Been playing this all week with a crew now, about 3-5 other friends at all times. We've been driving around with a truck for days pillaging and gearing, killed a lot of players and all been killed several times too. It is a lot more fun with friends, but the stakes get a lot higher when fully loaded vehicles come into the equation. We've also had a bus for a few days, heaps of ATVs and a few tractors, and one pushie :)

Tonight I was by myself, just found a chopper crash with an M107 and M249SAW and took both. Also found some camo clothing but as I have a female model didn't equip it and will give it to someone next time we meet up. Game is a lot more fun once you get the hang of it, but its also a lot more frustrating when you die.

I still have the most fun when I am freshly spawned running from building to building looking for a hatchet, then running around slaughtering zombies with the hatchet. Have also hatcheted some well geared players and gotten a nice head start on my fresh spawn :)

Unfortunately I no longer trust anyone I don't know IRL on this game, seems to be the general consensus though, as I haven't met a friendly player in a long time. Everyone shoots first.

Edited by p0is0n

I'm pretty much done with this game now. Spent a few hours gearing last night, found M249 and M107 as mentioned above. Had an alice pack, one of pretty much every tool, binoculars and NV, and camo clothing in my backpack. Running through some woods and 'bam' killed with a single head shot out of nowhere. Didn't even get a chance to fire my M249 or M107. I am pretty sure the game is full of cheaters, no way anyone could head shot me the way this guy did with just one shot.

The only thing to do is kill or avoid other players, zombies are no challenge at all once you understand them. The only times I've died at all in the last week were accidentally run over by our truck, accidentally shot by my jittery paranoid mates and bullshit headshotted out of nowhere (happens all too often). Every time I had awesome gear :( Worst gun i've died with was an AKM.

Will maybe come back to it when they fix more of the problems, like people who alt+f4 to avoid death and all the hackers spawning nukes and people with aimbots or ESP. It is just a waste of time to play for hours then die in one second to someone like that. Happened too many times now.

Edited by p0is0n

Glad I've never run into a hacker... I hear about them all the time, but never experienced anything.

Glad I've never run into a hacker... I hear about them all the time, but never experienced anything.

Experienced them several times. Once at NW airfield the whole thing just blew up like it got nuked (killing many people).

I've seen tents spawned with like 1 of everything, other tents with 50x other tents inside and like 50 tents on the ground all around it. Hacked spawns?

The entire server once got lifted off the ground and dropped to their death, spawned again next to a fully loaded truck and a guy in a gillie suit (when they wern't in the game) so assuming he spawned some stuff like the truck and his gear, we couldn't kill him but managed to steal his truck. (assuming he spawned it since he seemed like the only one who didn't die).

Get killed by bullshit headshots all the time, never just been shot to death in a normal fire fight, always 1 shot kills against me (with full hp).

Just to name a few things.. could all be legit players but I doubt it very much. Enough to put me off it for a while.

Edited by p0is0n

I think we should play more of original ArmA 2 than DayZ. I find the mod to be quite boring now. ArmA 2 is a great game with user-created multiplayer missions like Insurgency, Warfare, etc. Atomicans together can create a multiplayer mission that we all can play, filling in different roles. It can be either PvP or PvAI. This way it would be more organised than just grouping up with your mates and surviving zombie attacks and other players.

I think we should play more of original ArmA 2 than DayZ. I find the mod to be quite boring now. ArmA 2 is a great game with user-created multiplayer missions like Insurgency, Warfare, etc. Atomicans together can create a multiplayer mission that we all can play, filling in different roles. It can be either PvP or PvAI. This way it would be more organised than just grouping up with your mates and surviving zombie attacks and other players.

ARMA 2 multiplayer if used right can provide a fanatstic experience like no other. Just look at this.

Just a little bumpage: Day Z is about to go stand-alone.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570...f-the-beginning

That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.

I'd really like to see them make the move to the ARMA III engine for the standalone... apparently it has been said that porting the code across should work fine.

From what I can tell, the engine and its workings are essentially the same, only ARMA III's version has more modern graphical features and whatnot, among (I'm sure) some other things here and there.

The base has been pretty much the same since Operation Flashpoint, so really it shouldn't be all that difficult.

I wonder if they will use Chernarus or create something entirely new for the standalone?

Chernarus is getting a little dull...