Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

I wouldn't mind the stalker stats.

Ahh fuck it im going to play stalker now.

So what name is everybody using in DayZ?

I'm just under 'Ezkaton'.

I'm BAXXter.

God I spent a silly 1.5 of a magazine on a bandit. Now I have 2 magazines with 4 ammo in each. ( I think) The loot was good though: map, toolbox and drinks, food and ammo. Just can't run into a zombie anymore... AND IM AT TEH BEACHES. Zombies are like forming a perimeter all around the coast and some are even going towards the water. FML.

I just got everything set up and im ready to jump in.

My name will be Harro. Add me as friend in steam, steam name is Harro too.

WHat server should I look out for?

EDIT: JUst realised there are lots of people on steam with the name Harro , will add Info as Atomican, DayZ.

Edited by Harro2

I just got everything set up and im ready to jump in.

My name will be Harro. Add me as friend in steam, steam name is Harro too.

WHat server should I look out for?

Australian servers with green ping are fine but if you can get servers that are around 200 ping, they're generally playable for me.

God they need more servers.

Are you playing now, if so what server? Can I add you as steam friend?

Edit: there is 4 Mr. Twinkie in steam Im guessing you're the one with the hoodie avitar with red back ground? Never mind that one is from USA.

Edited by Harro2

Teamspeak/ vent would be the best way to give this a crack.

cool just noticed you can see player names when you click on the server list in steam.

My in Game name defaulted to Harro3

All servers under 100 ping are full and the higher ping servers that dont look full I get into game and get "waiting for server Responce" :(

Edited by Harro2

Im trying to

EDIT: finally logged into game, server crashed and I wating to pounce lol

Edited by Harro2

I keep getting content missing when I try to play but I followed the video in the 1st post.

I keep getting content missing when I try to play but I followed the video in the 1st post.

Check expansions in the main menu.

Just found this cool updating tool to.

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2434

Still cant get it to work

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Chernarus"

Got it sorted, restarted steam and combined operations seems to be lunching differently now

Edited by mudg3

glad you got it sorted out.

My game crashed/froze...lost my spot on server now :(

First time in spent a good 30-40 minutes walking in forest, nothing nada. Bam zombie from no where I go to shot, WTF, I start throwing flares. I can't figure out how to shoot, so I throw them all. When I run out of flares I can finally shoot, waste a good 4 bullets at air in quick succesion before I realise im not throwing flares any more /facepalm. I shoot the zombie but im badly bleeding so figure out how to bandage myself up and my vision has gone grey. So I continue and find im actually neer a settlement, Im sneeking around to try and find some loot with out atracting zombies and the game crashed.

Not sure how the MIC works in game, I thought it was proximetry based but Im hearing other poeple that are no where neer me. Don't know if they can hear me or not. Is there a menu in game to test your Microphone?

Edited by Harro2

I tried to give this a go this arvo, but I think the DB shat itself cause the whole time I was spawning in debug forest...

was pretty funny though, everyone was just chatting it up... felt like an oldschool gaming lobby.

AWWWE man, Been trying to play for over 5 hours now, had one short 30 min run before a crash freeze.

My problems are

1. all servers with good pings are full

2. I get in sometimes but get "waiting for server to respond" and nothing happends

3. or I get Kicked because ping is too high but was only 91 when I joined

Just noticed 1 sever I joined has auto kick is set for pings of 190+, seems like if I get a good ping in lobby then it might spike and I get the boot :(

very frustrating, wana play bad but feel I wasted $30.

If I do get in be on the look out for "Harro Paragorne" that will be me.

Figured out how to change my Name, was on another server where there was another harro ingame already :P

Edited by Harro2

I think it's the on3 server that is kicking people for pings higher than 60.

You haven't wasted your money, more servers will be brought online.

One of the NZ servers I was constantly getting the 'waiting for server to respond' so I just went and joined a diff server.

It will get better I had some good times found a rifle and some ammo and saved a random dude on the beach.

So if I abort, the next time I go in a server, I'll get placed right where I left off? (I HOPE NOT)

I was in for an hour didn't see anyone or any zombies.

seriously, I got to the point where I was running around dropping flares everywhere.... and shooting into the air.

I might wait for day.

That's bad luck. Even though the island is gigantic, you usually wuld stumble across comeone or something even during the night.

I found a dead dude who threw a flare before he died of 'unknown causes'. Had some good shit in him so his death was a win for me!

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

In Game name Harro Paragorne

Steam Name Harro Paragorne ...add me to friends if you like

So far I managed to log in 2 times over the 5 hours ive been trying, from 4pm to 9pm

SO my experience of the game so far is not good.

Second chance I got to play properly, remember I used all my flares because I didn't know about the (F) key. So im back to where it crashed last time only this time I'm in complete darkness and in the rain, cant even hardly make out the gun im holding. I make out the out line of a house. I figure where there is house there is zombies, because there where lots of zombies around before, so I run the oposite dirrection casue I can't see shit. I make it to the coast, probably back to where I started the whole game lol. Some one throws a flare at me, I think cool I finally meet some one I can play with. Pop pop bullet to the head Im dead. I think, nice one mate enjoy my two empty water bottles, zero flares, no food and a couple of clips of ammo, 1 bandage.

I managed to respawn, this is my second character, must have been close to where I died, I walk about 5 meters and im shot again, I try and respawn for my third character and I get disconnected/booted or server is down..grrrrrrr

EDIT

ok managed to get on a US server 230 ping not to bad, made my way to a military base, dead soldiers every where, I hear shots and can see a couple of zombies. I walk into a tower neer some hangers, I meet up woth some guy, I dont shoot and try and comunicate. He walks off a little up the stairs so I follow, he looks at me for a second then Pop POP he shoots but im still alive and bleeding out. I stumble back down the stairs turn around and wait a couple of seconds in prone. Sure enough he walks down the stairs and I unload my pistal into his sorry ass killing him dead. I reach for bandages but I fall unconscious, come too in a few seconds only to die.

Edited by Harro2

Didn't have much luck tonight for the server reasons, will give it another go tomorrow afternoon. Definitely can't wait for them to smooth out some the bugs and get some feedback! Brilliant idea right here.

Game runs like a dog on my system though :( even basically with everything on low.

Yeah I've wandered off up a hill after circling around a bunch of bandits that were taking shots at people. I'm now camped up a telco tower waiting for day time.