Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

M1911 is better than the Makarov.

To open the pack, click on the pack in your inventory... then down the bottom click open pack, and then you can transfer items in or out of it by clicking left or right arrows in the main inv.

The numbers being on the left or right will indicate if something is in the pack or in your main inv (pockets).

NO, NO, NOOOOO! Had a group of 5 besides myself, 3 got shot. I thought we got the Bandit or he left, I walk around this shop we were in when under fire, I get shot. I had so much good stufff =( a map, compass, winchester, revolver...

Edited by TheSingularity

Sounds like you were in Cherno or Elektro.

Not good places to be.

Once you get all the essentials from around there, you should head inland... the north west airfield is a popular location, but also quite dangerous.

Lots of players like to defend it while they repair helicopters and whatnot. But you can also find a lot of military hardware there.

I'm heading there soon because I want a silenced M4 holo. :)

Well I've died about 3 times now, twice I had great stuff and the first time I died it didn't register properly so I still had everything till a bandit killed me which was the second time I died and then the third time a bandit got me again. There was about 7 of us at one point and a bandit just took us all out.

Just died again then =\. Didn't have anything though spawned near some town that was empty with zombies everywhere.

Oh and Ezkaton I disagree Cherno is brilliant I now know that place like the back of my hand...So many good weapons there, just damn stray bandits get you though.

Edited by TheSingularity

Good for supplies, not good for bandits and general player killing.

Man you guys are just loving this game.

Its on the list for sure now.

Dang, capped my net and now can't connect to any servers. Just hangs at "Receiving Data" just as you past the lobby. I'm guessing it must be trying to load the map, so any ideas how to help it out?

edit: nvm, finally got in, just luck of the draw.

Edited by SoaS

Servers crashed like every 40 mins today. We got a car which was a ton of fun but once again the server crashed before we got anywhere with it.

Posted Image

Yep, damn server crashes and de-sync issues ruined possibly some of the best fun we could have had with 5 of us in a car.

Also, I can see what you mean about your white grass o.O maybe try verifying your arma 2 download to make sure its not missing files.

Daaamn that grass looks whack.

Got the latest vidya drivers, etc?

EDIT: Just had a look around, apparently white grass is an AA issue?

What's your AA set to?

Edited by Ezkaton

Well this is shit. I just payed $30 and spent 6 hours downloading the 2 games, then downloaded and installed the app as per the video on the DayZ web page and I keep getting booted when trying to join a game. Sometimes I get a message just before I'm booted saying that `bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.TF86_michOh_gl'. is missing. WTF?

I've deleted and re downloaded / installed the files multiple times, taking care to make sure I do it exactly as it's explained in the video and it keeps happening.

I contacted the team at DayZ but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'd really like to play this game. Any ideas people ?

Well this is shit. I just payed $30 and spent 6 hours downloading the 2 games, then downloaded and installed the app as per the video on the DayZ web page and I keep getting booted when trying to join a game. Sometimes I get a message just before I'm booted saying that `bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.TF86_michOh_gl'. is missing. WTF?

I've deleted and re downloaded / installed the files multiple times, taking care to make sure I do it exactly as it's explained in the video and it keeps happening.

I contacted the team at DayZ but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'd really like to play this game. Any ideas people ?

Maybe try a mod installer, I use the one from here. You can check for and download the latest files and run the mod:

http://www.worrom.com/

Played five times, died four times so far. Twice to bandits and twice to zombies. Got killed by Zombies at night, that was scary.

I've now got direct comms sorted, met up with two others and tagged a long for a while. Then one of them died...he left us his stuff.

I'd got myself a Winchester 1866 and did OK and pop Zombies in the head with it.

I met a guy called Powermanic, he knows Mudg3, so we tagged up and went off trying to find the third guy again.

But we had about 50 Zombies chasing us down and I got separated from Powermanic, and I got shot in the head. Went from 9000 blood -400 and died...

Now I'm stuck in a warehouse up in the 1st floor with a lot, and I mean loads of Zombies outside. My character screams and gets nervous looking out of the window at the Zombies. Is that a game mechanic?

Well fuck! I force a reinstall with the updater, tried to join a game, same shit only this time it's saying I'm missing a different file. It may have said that file before, I just wrote down the last error message before I posted so who knows if they were all the same error. WTF???

Ok, I think I've sorted it. I validated the game files and Steam did a tiny install for both games so I'm guessing that's what was missing. Wont be able to check for an hour or so as I've got to go to the folks for Sunday roast now. I'll be all over this when I get back though. And I thought Diablo III would be all I'd be playing for at least the next month.

Edited by disolusiond

I met a guy called Powermanic,

Did he play BF3? He was on my server with mudg3 as well and that name really ringed a bell for me.

He was an atomican no?

yeah, we got d/c when going for the chopper...

Also there's a few glitches where you can make the zeds take a swim.. Which is pretty funny when you have a bout 50 of them chasing you benny hill style.

I would love to see that on ARMA.

Getting my bandit on. ;)

I now treat all players as a threat except those I personally know.

I've been screwed over by survivors too many times, so screw everybody.

Bandit suits my style now.

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm going to start doing now. Towns are to risky, I said to Powermanic lets keep honing and bam! Zombies all over us...Next Survivor I gonna hunt down and shoot.

heh, just scored myself a M4A3 CCO but I seem to get lost often.

Killed a player with NVG's tonight but I couldnt loot them and the server crashed.

It's SOOOOOOOOO fucking dark. I can't see shit lol. Add that to the fact that I have no idea of the controls and I'ma leave it till the morning to play.

yeah, we got d/c when going for the chopper...

Also there's a few glitches where you can make the zeds take a swim.. Which is pretty funny when you have a bout 50 of them chasing you benny hill style.

I would love to see that on ARMA.

That's what we're aiming for also to get the chopper and stock up and make a base on the lighthouse island. there's no zeds on lighthouse island btw.

I took screenies where I was playing with the zeds chasing me on a couple of sets of stairs... I kept it going for about 20 min till there was at least 50, before I dashed into a building where a couple of survivors were... yeah, I'm an arsehole.

I love leading them into the airfield where n00bs hide in the buildings... so cute.

I might get my mate to take some vids.

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor