Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

I met a guy called Powermanic,

Did he play BF3? He was on my server with mudg3 as well and that name really ringed a bell for me.

He was an atomican no?

Yup. He's a regular poster here. The Singularity.

Getting my bandit on. ;)

I now treat all players as a threat except those I personally know.

I've been screwed over by survivors too many times, so screw everybody.

Bandit suits my style now.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1512/2012052000001.jpg

Im yet to get into this (waiting till my exams are over) but I'll probably do the same since people are generally unreliable unless you have rolled with them before and know they got your back so to speak and wont do you over for a rare piece of loot.

Last night was sick, I ended up getting lost after leaving the north west airfield and drifted really far to the east. I was lucky enough to find enough water and food to survive and in my stupidity i ended up argoing a ton of zombies that where in a forest really close to a town. So im legging it as fast as I can and law and behold I hear a helicopter so I turn on my flash light on my weapon run into a building and use a wire fence to block the door. I fucking piss bolt so hard up to the roof and through a flare hoping to god these guys see me.

Well they did! 3 guys in a chopper probs from the same crew of the guy I killed with the hovered near the 3rd story building and helped me clear the zombies down stairs. They were were geared up too. the players had these FN-FAL's with night vision scopes and another dude which had pretty much nothing which I assume was the dude I killed 2 hours earlier. They asked If I wanted to roll with them as the chopper has 7 seats. So I flew around with them for around 30 mins but I had to go to bed.

We gotta get a car going again guys.

That chopper story sounds awesome.

The only time I've seen a helicopter it was flying along the coast with a spotlight killing everybody.

Yeah it was amazing. If we get grouped up again on a regular basis we can make big in roads in land. I logged in a forest South East of the Airfield as I asked the guys to drop me off. Ezkaton tonight we will clear that airfield again to look for mags and other stuff I've got 2 30round mags for the M4A3 CCO but I need to find matches or something and mags for my pistol

Nuke are you going to be on tonight as there a few good towns north we can hit?

Just had my first game ( where I could see anything ) and died because I didn't know how to use bandages/pain killers etc. Shit! I found a great stash on a dead guy too, just died before it was any good to me :(

*sigh* I'm down to about 5000 blood, 1 clip left for my pistol and about 6 shotgun shells.

This really isn't looking good for me, maybe I need to go kill someone for their ammo. hrmmmm.

Got matches and a hunting knife? Kill an animal and cook it?

*sigh* I'm down to about 5000 blood, 1 clip left for my pistol and about 6 shotgun shells.

This really isn't looking good for me, maybe I need to go kill someone for their ammo. hrmmmm.

If you were to kill and cook a cow or 2, you could get back to 12000 blood easily.

Well its not like you have anything good anyway just go out in a blaze of glory.

Well its not like you have anything good anyway just go out in a blaze of glory.

Perhaps, but I think I'll go hunting tonight, see what/who I can find.

I got shot at the NW airfield with a whole ton of good shit.

Basically everything minus NVG and the weapon I'm looking for (silenced M4).

Had an Alice pack full of food, soft drink, water bottles and ammo too.

Respawned, ran north past everything major into some small town... saw a dude sneaking around the outskirts, ran up right behind him and pummeled him with my Makarov.

Took all his survival equipment and his Alice pack and kept on my way.

I've murdered four players and now I'm fairly kitted out again.

Back at the NW airfield looking for my weapon of choice. :)

It seems like this game is more about surviving the murderers, than surviving against zombies.

Well seeing as how you can kill other players, then yes it is like that.

It seems like this game is more about surviving the murderers, than surviving against zombies.

If you dont hang around cherno like a scrub then you'll be fine.

If you were to kill and cook a cow or 2, you could get back to 12000 blood easily.

How about a chicken? Do they give munchies and blood?

I met one in the night and was looking at it inquisitively.

If you dont hang around cherno like a scrub then you'll be fine.

I got sniped twice in Cherno.

Cruel place.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Twink, all animals are killable as far as I know.

Just try not to attract zombie (or worse, player) attention while making your kill.

Cows, goats, sheep, rabbits, chickens... if you have a knife you can get raw meat from them.

If you have matches you can make a fire and cook the meat.

Each piece of meat gives you 800 blood (as opposed to the 200 or so you get from tin food).

You're right, depending on where you are and how new to the game you are.

The zombies are a known threat... you know they're around buildings and towns, etc.

You know how to navigate around them, but they're most definitely a secondary threat to the player population.

Since player motivations differ based on personality, and players can be basically anywhere on the map, you have to be mindful of them more than the zombies for a lot of the time.

I'm always watching my surroundings for players more than I am zombies.

Once you've had an extremely tense encounter with other players, zombies are a cake walk.

They're more of an obstacle to your loot scavenging.

Edited by Ezkaton

So, does anyone have any graphical mods running on ARMA II that don't spaz out with DayZ? If so, which ones?

Edited by disolusiond

This mod/game has me interested but all the videos Ive seen look like laggy bullshit with terribad graphics.

Or am I watching shitty videos?

This mod/game has me interested but all the videos Ive seen look like laggy bullshit with terribad graphics.

what's terribad graphics?

And the lag, that'd be just the videos

Yes the game looks like shit, even on maxed out settings, but the awesome game play makes up for it and then some. Such an awesome game!

I think it looks fine.

This isn't battlefield 3.

Edited by mudg3