disolusiond

Revolution

Just stumbled upon this little ditty. Looks like it could be 10 kinds of awesome. Did anyone else know this was on the way?

That looks pretty great. They gave away WAY too much in that trailer though, I hate when they do that.

Yeah, I thought the amulet was going to be some big mystery instead of having it's 'power' revealed in the trailer :/

That looks pretty great. They gave away WAY too much in that trailer though, I hate when they do that.

Yeah, I thought the amulet was going to be some big mystery instead of having it's 'power' revealed in the trailer :/

meh. It looked to me like the amulet is pretty key to the power going out, and I assume that'll be happening in the first episode.

Looks interesting. I noticed that while all the other tech went out the Gods of clothing showed up to make everyone's kit look brand new after 15 years though. :)

And will they explain the virus that wipes out everyone who doesn't look like a supermodel? While the show looks like it might be worth watching, at least for bit it still has 'that' look about it.

And didn't Lost have a mysterious person at the end of the computer terminal as well?

Edited by Director

It should be a hit but since it looks like it is going to take a lot of money to produce im predicting it to be the next terra nova. (i hope im wrong)

im excited i love post-apocalyptic themes and this has potential, not sure i like the main female character though... her acting ability didnt wow me in the trailer.

Yeah agree about there being too much in the trailer as usual. but for some reason kind of makes me think of Firefly but on Earth.

I was thinking Lost and Terra Nova with the potential for some eco fascist preaching along the way but I wont jump to too many conclusions. :)

JJ is a producer, Favreau is just directing the pilot. It's created by Eric Kripke and he's likely to be head writer and showrunner. Kripke is the guy who created and headed up the first 5 seasons on Supernatural.

I'll give it a go.

Yeeeaaaahhh...Favreau.

His last two pics were 'Cowboys & Aliens' & 'Iron Man 2'...both were pretty terrible.

I want this to not suck but I've got a niggling feeling it's just not going to deliver.

I'll give it a few episodes though.

Yeah watched this trailer the other day.

So something knocks out the power...all of the power.

Then why does someone still have power and comms?

Why hasn't anyone else built electricity things

Also the overrun city scene in the start, was that lifted from Ruin

As someone else mentioned, the clothing a lot of that looks pretty in style/modern for a society that has been without electricity for 15 years.

His last two pics were 'Cowboys & Aliens' & 'Iron Man 2'...both were pretty terrible.

I thought both were quite good. But it's sort of irrelevant.

It's a TV show. Favreau will have minimal influence.

Yeeeaaaahhh...Favreau.

I want this to not suck but I've got a niggling feeling it's just not going to deliver.

That's just the cynicism that comes with getting older, prior experience and all that. :)

(See: Tweenwave. )

Really? You can't tell the Darabont-directed episodes of "The Walking Dead"?

The Scorsese fingerprints on the "Boardwalk Empire" opening episode?

...actually, it struck me as I typed that that comparing HBO/AMC shows to FOX shows is like comparing apples and oranges.

You can tell they've influenced it, but you can also tell they didn't have creative control.

*EDIT* Well, I'm basing that on Boardwalk Empire and various other shows directed by movie directors (e.g. Kevin Smith - Reaper). I haven't really watched much Walking Dead.

Edited by tantryl

Yeeeaaaahhh...Favreau.

I'll give it a few episodes though.

Yep will have more holes then my made in china bonds undies.

Hmm. Iron Man 2 & Cowboys & Aliens had a decided lack of plot holes. If Favreau has a fault in his style is that he has he uses caricature stereotypes too often and gets his actors to overact in that style and the plots are a little straight forward and motivations simple. That style lends to lacking plot holes.

Edited by tantryl

Apparntly the art of blacksmithing took off again really quick, yet nobody makes crossbows (only ones left from befor the blackout exist)

Also the art of steam power never seems to have made a resurgance.

Looks like it was Made on the opnions of Focus groups.

NBC says to group:

"So you like falling skys but not the aliens, but you also like Hunger games and Lost?" "yeh"

What do you think about carbon tax?

They had Kings and they let it go and now they make this garbage...sigh.

First episode is out. Watched it. It was ok, not great. Could go either way, either getting better as the season progresses, or not. With there was some more money put into the production values, would make the world more believable. As it stands, everyone is way too clean and their cloths look like they were bought 3 days ago at The Gap. Not a bad trick considering these fuckers are meant to have been without any kind of power for 15 years.