jim1992

OCZ 120gb Revo 3 or 120gb agility/vertex 3

Hey all,

Finally got around to actually getting a new rig but i just have one more addition to figure out.

Would it be worth forking out extra to get the OCZ Revo 3 SSD ($354) instead of the OCZ agility/vertex 3 ($129/144)?

I plan on using for my OS so i can load up windows as fast as possible and for a few big games like BF3 and such. I'm not sure if it's just overkill and if it'd make worthwhile difference to have the Revo.

there's a mighty big price difference for just a second, maybe two.......personally, I'd consider the Revo as over the top, an SSD is plenty fast enough.......put the extra $150 towards your graphics card, a BlueRay burner, or a better mobo, or something, would be my advice

if money's no object, then go for it, it'll make your e-penis look enormous

probably the cheapest of all the SSD's although OCZ have dropped all their prices to be pretty close.

Conventional terabyte boot HDD coupled with a caching SSD like the OCZ Synapse or Corsair Accelerator (60 or 120Gb).

Boot times are not quite as fast as a pure SSD boot, but it certainly makes games load a lot faster and you are not constrained by the limited size of a pure SSD.

I'd also take a sandisk over a vertex3 any day of the week

Can you provide a link with a sandisk that offers better value than the vertex 3, i'll probably consider it