IvanTheTerrible

And now for something a little bit different.

I hope that isnt a De Tomaso Pantera under that ugly sin... and a LS1?

:shudder:

Wobbling I would say = due to image stabilization function of the camera. Letterboxing the video would make it a bit more bearable.

Any idea of the time? If that little line after the last cone is 400m, then it looks around 12 seconds or so.

Wobbling I would say = due to image stabilization function of the camera. Letterboxing the video would make it a bit more bearable.

Any idea of the time? If that little line after the last cone is 400m, then it looks around 12 seconds or so.

12.20 and a red light

That was probably one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed. It brought shame to the poor Countach. Even if it was just a kit.

And trust me here, that's a kit car.

^This

Way too thick from floorpan to roofline for the width of the body. Lambos are low.

And if that was once a DeTomaso, Betzie, I will join you with a few hundred people I know in the relevant manufacturer's club to beat the fucker to death.

(I don't think it was, though. The lights, pipes, and rubber is all wrong. cf: http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/Cy...tera1_front.jpg and http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/Cy...tera1_rear.jpg)

What the hell is with the wobbling in the video, that was making me motion sick.

Ye fucking godawful.

That was probably one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed. It brought shame to the poor Countach. Even if it was just a kit.

And trust me here, that's a kit car.

And what the fuck is with the stupid dickwad throttle blip on the up change FFS.

It's a Jalpa. Who said it was a Countach?

It's a bad copy of one, yeah. Bad.

Bad.

Well it's a genuine Jalpa. Got to love the experts here.

He's not "blipping" the throttle. it's the rev limiter. It runs a Mazda transaxle and he's having trouble with the clutch on gear changes.

youtube decide to stabilize the image. It was shaky because I ran from the start line back to the pits, to film the first bit, and then ran back to the startline to film the run.

hehehhe..

Looking at that brought back many a memory..

There was a guy around the corner from my parents (My parents were well off. Not to begin with, but my mother was "One of Those" accountant types who did some smart investing. Not relevant to story, but there you go), who 'moved into a rich suburb'. He obviously was earning enough to pay the mortgage, but he wanted a ferrari to go with the image. So.. He bought a datsun kit car and put a ferrari badge on it.

'

I'll leave you with that mental image of fail. Couldn't afford a Ferrari kit car, so bought a datto one and whacked a ferrari badge on it.

AD

But this is a genuine Lamborghini Jalpa build number 387 he just fitted a more powerful motor.

I agree, it is the massive spoiler that throws you.

But this is a genuine Lamborghini Jalpa build number 387 he just fitted a more powerful motor.

Have seen quite a few pics of this model on the net with either a high or medium rear spoiler but they all seem to be on the later updated models with the round rear lights.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

blublubub

Does it even have a camshaft?

A very, very lumpy one.

Have seen quite a few pics of this model on the net with either a high or medium rear spoiler but they all seem to be on the later updated models with the round rear lights.

I can't find a picture of a Jalpa with the same headlights as that.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Poorly tuned as well, you can hear the exhaust popping at high revs just before the gear changes...

LOL.

The car sounded very well tuned to me. Just poorly driven.

The sound you're referring to was the rev limiter. Pretty easy to hit it momentarily in first, but bouncing off it in second (and hashing the gear change) would have cut a half second off his ET.

Me either. Looks like they've removed the bumper, filled in the pop up head lights, and installed what looks like Alfa GTV headlights.

It looks better than original IMHO.

Well it's a genuine Jalpa. Got to love the experts here.

He's not "blipping" the throttle. it's the rev limiter. It runs a Mazda transaxle and he's having trouble with the clutch on gear changes.

youtube decide to stabilize the image. It was shaky because I ran from the start line back to the pits, to film the first bit, and then ran back to the startline to film the run.

You speak remarkably authoritatively, considering:

The tail lights are wrong

The headlights are wrong:

Me either. Looks like they've removed the bumper, filled in the pop up head lights, and installed what looks like Alfa GTV headlights.

It looks better than original IMHO.

And as yet unmentioned, the exhaust is also wrong. And, I maintain that it looks too thick top-to-bottom. (Though the pale colours do look pudgy.)

Either that thing is very heavily modified for no good reason, or you're talking out your neck. What's your source?

Rev limiters don't cause the exhaust to backfire like that, its because the mixture isn't properly adjusted for the advance timing of the valves at high rpm. People seem to think this sound is cool, but its just the side effects of a poor tune.

It's a GM LS1 - they don't have any timing variation on the valves.

And better than even chance it's got a custom ECM setup, only a nonce would set it up such that it misfired near redline.

Well, maybe I should have said "lack of timing advance at high revs"....regardless of that, with an ECM you can lean the mixture to prevent the banging. I still say its a poor tune.

Lot of nonces around.

EDIT: I realise the engine doesn't have variable valve timing...and this is the problem, and the revs increase, the speed of the flow of mixture doesn't increase, thus the valves come out of sync with the ignition of the mixture in the cylinder. This was one of the innovations of VVT which fixed that problem., though it can be mitigated by leaning the mixture, thus causing a slower burn.

Edited by Antraman