Sign in to follow this  
ellipse

Need advice for a water cooling HAF X build?

I think most watercoolers would agree that using the shortest possible tubing route between components is better than using an extra 1M of hose to get your loop into a magic order of awesome. The temperature of the water doesn't change as it moves through the loop, it's not magically cold when it leaves the radiator and warm again when it gets to the CPU. The temperature will generally equalize over the total amount of water, with slight variation in different parts of the loop. It is worth making sure you do have the flow going correctly into and out of any blocks thogh.

Hope that helps. Don't think you've done anything wrong, if you're getting good temps and have hit 4.6GHz :)

Thanks guys!

Yeah was a little worried that I'd have to drain it and install it the 'proper way'.

But if there isn't going to be any damage or very distinctive temperature decreases by changing the flow, I think I'll just leave it :)

I'll try get some pictures up for you guys by tomorrow:)

Where's our pictures?

I have an hour to burn before going to the pub and need pictures to admire.

;)

Hopefully it's all going well and the lack of pics isn't because of a catastrophe.

Time stamp on my screen is from before 9am, haha. It's probably a more reasonable time to drink where you live though :)

Time stamp on my screen is from before 9am, haha. It's probably a more reasonable time to drink where you live though :)

Not really, Opy just likes to drink.

All the time.