GhostFaceKilla

Father kills daughters abuser

A man died. For an unconfirmed crime. Whatever that is it doesn't sound much like "justice".

Pretty much.

What we have is a man beaten to death, a traumatised 4 year old girl, and the killer claiming it was because the man was attacking the child (with possible corroboration by the child). People in the thread seem to be suggesting it's impossible the killer is lying.

This.

There needs to be some sort of hearing, even an inquest. Really tough that this happened to the young girl, and particularly that it happened in her own home. Maybe, as tantryl said earlier it's tooooo much TV, but I would've expected

dad to go for the guys balls. Break up some of those head punches a bit.

There needs to be some sort of hearing, even an inquest. Really tough that this happened to the young girl, and particularly that it happened in her own home. Maybe, as tantryl said earlier it's tooooo much TV, but I would've expected

Nah, I'm pretty sure he got accused of being a pedophile. So all bets are off. He was in the same group as terrorists, and blasphemers, and therefore his life was fofeit, right? That's how thesenthings work.

Hi.

I posted...about three posts ago...about a police officer giving statements of what occurred. On an international TV network.

But keep going with the Hurr durr there is no justice.

Because at no point did he say "Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him.’’

Sorry, my bad.

Four posts ago.

Hi.

I posted...about three posts ago...about a police officer giving statements of what occurred. On an international TV network.

Because at no point did he say "Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him.’’

Sorry, my bad.

Four posts ago.

I saw your post. I don't think I've done the "Hurr durr ... " bit as such. I was typing in response to a lot of posts here in the thread . Far too many to pick up and directly reply to ...

Nah, I'm pretty sure he got accused of being a pedophile. So all bets are off. He was in the same group as terrorists, and blasphemers, and therefore his life was fofeit, right? That's how thesenthings work.

I'm hoping that is not the case, but this quote from the article puzzles me ...

" The girl had been left inside the family’s house during a social gathering on Saturday while other members of her family were tending to horses, Sheriff Harmon told CNN."

Unless she was a very capable four year old, would any parent leave a child alone like that ?

Hi.

Sorry, my bad.

Four posts ago.

What was that noise?

:P

An observation that the police stated these were the events that took place.

Goodnight.

Edited by Gir

Should the events have unfolded as reported, then I'm comfortable with it not proceeding to criminal charges on some grounds of 'self' defence. The sustained ferocity of the attack is understandable from the extreme level of provocation, and with regards to community safety, the 'offender' is unlikely to be threat due to the rare and highly specific nature of the offence against his daughter. That same rarity also leads me to side with not penalising a father for a unique moment of rage over the need for a deterrent for such events.

Should the events have unfolded differently, say, for example, the father 'alleging' abuse to cover for a different motive, or if in that legal system there exists clauses for reasonable force regardless of provocation, then such details would become apparent throughout the criminal process. And, should such cases become more prevalent, I'm confident that the law will adjust accordingly.

The criminal process starts with the police investigation. They are knees deep in the mess, and have the best chance of anyone of determining if there is evidence of a crime, and if it is enough to take someone to trial.

It is hard to prove the man was doing anything, the only reason I can see for an unknown person being in a childs room, is that they were walking past, heard the child choking/coughing and went in to see if the kid was ok, and was administering CPR... but if the claims are correct, then he was going the entirely wrong way about doing it.

You've made up more details. It was in the house. No suggestion of what room in the OPs article. Nothing about choking noises. No suggestion that actual rape was occurring (the child being "OK besides the obvious mental trauma" in fact suggests the opposite).

We know basically nothing other than a 4 year old girl was in a house, a man of unknown age or relation to the family was beaten to death, the girl is in fine physical condition but mentally traumatised (by what we don't know, seeing a man beaten to death by her father probably doesn't help), and the person who beat the man to death says he was in some way sexually assaulting his daughter.

the man was a worker on his farm, aged 47, from the police sheriff in the recorded interview on tv

and the man killed "tried to sexually assault the daughter" - whatever that might imply

every other "fact" is hearsay from the father of the child, whose witness to the situation may well include misinterpretation of what was happening; maybe his "intense remorse" includes recognising he may have reacted without due cause - i don't know, but i'm absolutely certain no-one here on the forum knows either

"The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said."

yeah, grooming... paedophilia... i see where that's going

Does anyone know how many punches were landed?

I mean was it 2 or 56?

several implies more than 2, doesn't it ?

"repeatedly" seems to me to suggest "lots"

If I found you even remotely acting sexually near my daughter, you would be punched very hard in the head. If you died, well...

Those people banging on about justice are childless hairsplitting trolls. On on that note, I bid farewell to the Green Room.

If I found you even remotely acting sexually near my daughter, you would be punched very hard in the head. If you died, well...

Those people banging on about justice are childless hairsplitting trolls. On on that note, I bid farewell to the Green Room.

There were three people around at the time.

One is dead.

One is four and traumatised.

And One just killed a man.

It's not like we can, from that witness list, know with any certainty the circumstances.

Regardless of what really happened, an investigation is in order. Otherwise, you are saying the accusation of pedophilia is enough to dismiss murder/manslaughter.

Don't think of it from the perspective of "man sees someone fiddling with his daughter, should he get off"

Think of it from the perspective of "man has killed someone, and alleges extenuating circumstances"

It should hopefully become clear, the merits of the defense.

There are broadly 2 camps in this thread TB. The 'the dead guy should be resurrected so that he can be burnt at the stake' group, and the 'due process' group.

I find myself in both :)

In reality I don't think most people have a problem with spending a little time finding out what actually happened. Meanwhile, we have 6 pages of speculation and people declaring which camp they are in.

There's also the "you are all hairsplitting trolls, who don't understand because you aren't parents" school, apparently.

Hi.

Sorry, my bad.

Four posts ago.

i didnt quite get your points.

just now you quoted, to my mind, the most relevant part of the story — which seems to indicate some measure of 'due process' being observed — but this is what is claimed will happen not what allegedly has happened.

you snipped the latter from the quote of the sheriff, which began "He acted in defence of [of her]. Once the investigation is completed..."

i dont share your confidence in the unequivocal accuracy of this reported statement by an 'authority of the law' (if that is indeed what you meant to convey), because it seems to me that either he or the SMH journalist was probably remiss in not including a necessary preface to that statement beginning something like "It appears to be the case that...". because, i am very uneasy about simply assuming the sheriff was in a position to make such a definitive statement of fact at that time.

now, it could be there was already clear medical evidence available, or the whole tragedy is so obviously an open and shut case for many many reasons readily apparent to first hand investigators. and it could be that sparing the father the indignity of being charged is the most fair and proper thing to do. but whatever the case may be, all determinations to this effect should be made through established formal and impartial legal processes.

A fatal beating is all the due process we need for a rock spider, thank you very much.

Yeah, I'm just going to be that guy in the peanut gallery.

This thread would be funny if it wasn't so sad, a lot of pointless arguing over absolutely nothing.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

A fatal beating is all the due process we need for a rock spider, thank you very much.

Apparently then, all the justification you need to beat a man to death, is allege he's a paedophile.

No witnesses required.

That's an over simplification frobozz and you know it.

The man was in the house with the 4 year old girl alone and caught in the act.

That's a little different to "just punch some guy to death and call him a paedo to get off scott free".

There are broadly 2 camps in this thread TB. The 'the dead guy should be resurrected so that he can be burnt at the stake' group

lol thats great.

I would be in all favor to bring in social darwinism for the sole use of pruning these c@#ts from society, i wonder how many people would actually support a policy like that

Guest xyzzy frobozz

That's heresay! It is testimony given by the father. He may well be telling the truth. Conversely, in absence of any other competent witnesses, it is equally possible that he's lying to save himself from a murder rap.

I don't have a position one way or another on the truth of his testimony. I'm just saying that on the evidence that we have, both possibilities should be equally considered.

That's a little different to "just punch some guy to death and call him a paedo to get off scott free".

That statement was in response to one of the many flippant comments to the effect of "Well, he's a pedo, he's dead, justice is served".

The point I'm trying to make, and have been making all along, is that there's no evidence in the original story that the deceased was engaging in an assault on the child prior to being beaten to death.

All we have is an allegation by the assailant. It is speculation that the deceased is a paedophile. The only facts we have are that one man is dead, and another man has admitted to killing him.

That's all.

There are broadly 2 camps in this thread TB. The 'the dead guy should be resurrected so that he can be burnt at the stake' group

lol thats great.

I would be in all favor to bring in social darwinism for the sole use of pruning these c@#ts from society, i wonder how many people would actually support a policy like that

Yeah.

Lynch mobs have a long proven track record for just outcomes.

*sarcasm off*

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

That's speculation! It is testimony given by the father. He may well be telling the truth. Conversely, in absence of any other competent witnesses, it is equally possible that he's lying to save himself from a murder rap.

+1

This random dude could may as well just been talking to the girl about a wiggles concert they met each other at, The girls screaming was simply the edited version of "wake up Jeff" when that dinosaur bites off captain feather swords arm.

Edited by xnatex