tmac7

Post your Projects!

Project: swapping a pinball playfield

Over time, the paint on a pinball playfield can get worn off

Luckily, reproduction parts are available for some machines

This is a Flash Gordon pinball machine from 1980

First, I remove the assemblies from under the existing playfield.

Flippers, drop targets, sling-shots, pop bumpers, saucers

Posted Image

Each assembly is taken apart and parts cleaned and polished

Posted Image

And put back together, also replacing any parts that need to be replaced

(EG the white target is new)

(also the two coils which activate the target are not in the picture as I leave them soldered in place in the game)

Posted Image

The cleaned assemblies are then fitted to the underside of a new playfield

(Also to be fitted later is new lamp sockets and wiring)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Counts as a project, right?

Lagavulin 16 - Own

Highland Park 12 - Own

Coal Ila 12 mini - Own

Cylenish 14 mini - Own

Talisker 10 mini - Own

Auchtentoshan 12 - Have owned

Springbank 10 - Have tried

[edit]: Small correction. I do not own the Lagavulin 16 any more, I finished it last weke.

Thats a nice little collection you have there. What is the 18yo in the middle?

Rob.

Edited by robzy

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Posted Image

What type of project is this?

Please clarify. I have a vivid and disturbing imagination . . .

Yes, yes my pretty. Feast upon all the slugs and snails. I want your breasts to be nice and plump for when i baste them in an orange sauce reduction, and then make a soup from your carcass.

Work related:

Rolling out a new version of the software we use state wide. So in the meantime, I've been doing a shitload of testing. Creating, breaking test environments, that kind of thing.

Rolling out a new status board that hangs off the software we use, and is in place in a number of hospitals. Testing that too.

Rolling out a new data terminal in our fleet. I'm handing over a test environment to the third party support, so they can break it. each time they do, i have to fix it.

They'll all be deploying soon, so need to get stuck into it.

Personal:

Wedding stuff.

Music stuff (have been writing lyrics today actually).

And bulking my knees to get fighting fit. My thai trainer arrives in a few weeks time, so trying to coincide with that.

Posted Image

Yes, yes my pretty. Feast upon all the slugs and snails. I want your breasts to be nice and plump for when i baste them in an orange sauce reduction, and then make a soup from your carcass.

which bird are you talking about.

Backyard.

The new deck went up recently so now it's time to re-design the garden. Design now, start spring finish by summer is the plan...

Also planning my first long service vacation next year, probably Spain & Italy for a month and a half. That's my other major project.

Does getting over/learning to cope/testing new medication for what is now believed to be bi-polar depression count?

I was thinking about making a thread about it actually but I'm not sure, as coping is harder then I thought and it has messed a lot of things up. So any thoughts about making a thread, whether that is a good idea would be appreciated.

Besides that all I've been doing is trying to finish Diablo 3.

Edited by TheSingularity

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rfq7nq.jpg

Counts as a project, right?

Lagavulin 16 - Own

Highland Park 12 - Own

Coal Ila 12 mini - Own

Cylenish 14 mini - Own

Talisker 10 mini - Own

Auchtentoshan 12 - Have owned

Springbank 10 - Have tried

[edit]: Small correction. I do not own the Lagavulin 16 any more, I finished it last weke.

Thats a nice little collection you have there. What is the 18yo in the middle?

Rob.

Only just getting started, too. :\

The 18 yo is Bunnahabhain. Islay but definitely not typical of Islay. No smoke, no peat. Magical stuff though.

Some awesome projects there! And for all those curious, scotch and medication is an appropriate form of weekend to-do.

In case anyone is interested, I managed to finish a prototype of my speaker stand design and I am quite impressed with myself. The last time I did any kind of woodworking was way back in high school so I'm quite chuffed it turned out. Still needs to be sanded/painted but you get the idea...

Posted Image

You can't see it that clearly in the photo but the base has a nice beveled edge, it's not just a square. Now just 3 more to go!

Beat cancer......then something else

Pretty sure you just won this thread. Even more epic than the very epic pinball restoration.

I'm hopeless ... always starting new projects and then end up with too many to finish off easily. Current projects:

* new 7.5x5.5m shed - just delivered; have to clear backyard and install

* new kitchen appliances for wife - electrical done and induction cooktop installed; need to build frame and surround for ovens

* gas fireplace - reconditioned, painted and installed - just need to do last sections of flue and flashing

* Suzuki Sierra - long term project ... lots of little fix ups needed

* camping trailer - needs maintenance

* 420 sailing dingy - halfway through restoration

* paving - removed garden area under patio; need to infill paving to match existing

Plus all of the normal maintenance stuff that comes with a house, wife and running my own business. Could do with a few more hours in the week!

I like the end result of projects though:

Posted Image

Just a bit curious as to the different sorts of things people do with their spare time, in particular the projects they undertake. I personally have a few things on the go at any one time, currently restoring and rebuilding a 1952 Velocette LE (VERY long term project, possibly never to be completed) but this weekend I am planning on building some speaker stands for my surround sound speakers.

What are you guys doing?

Most of my projects are horses. I have three young horses (less than a year old) that are learning to be civilised members of equine society (ie behave nice around people) and one that is a project riding horse (hasn't been ridden yet, still establishing steering and brakes from the ground first)

Trying to make more time in life to play more Playstation.

Trying to get fit.

I help out a community group with some event management. That eats a lot of spare time.

Mentally preparing myself to get back in to web design. I want to get back in to it but feel like I've been left behind a bit.

Home wise we had a big junk pile clear out a few weeks ago. My property is 99% junk free. All that's left is a big bonfire pile we have yet to light up.

About to start a bathroom renovation which is my first reno ever. Have a rough plan and have picked out the new tiles, waiting for prices on the bath, basin and shower glass before we progress further but hoping to have it over and done in the next couple of months.

Getting lazy, slowly losing motivation but I'm thinking of planning/building,

* Speaker stands same as you for z-5500 rear speakers.

* small indoor pullup bar.

* maybe a way to hang/sit a punching bag without having to drill holes in walls/roof.

* a compact wheelstand for logitech wheel and pedals.

Just gotta figure out which order I need to do them in, and if I'll ever be fucked to get around to it.

Edited by bushi

Fixing the lawn and continuing to work on the vegie garden.

Making a security camera system for the house.

Modding Nerf ready for a zombie apocalypse party.

Launching a magazine.

Honk

which bird are you talking about.

Mmm...snail molluscs. I mean...carcass soup. I mean...disturbing imaginations.

Beat cancer......then something else

Good health to you and good luck.

Started doing a scratch build PC case in November.

It's taken so long that all of the really cool parts I bought are now just common items or have been superceded.

I'm hoping it won't be too cold and I can get more done soon. I should be unemployed in a week. Just need to get my motivation back.

Started doing a scratch build PC case in November.

It's taken so long that all of the really cool parts I bought are now just common items or have been superceded.

I'm hoping it won't be too cold and I can get more done soon. I should be unemployed in a week. Just need to get my motivation back.

Sweet man. Hopefully you get further than me with it.

The case that is, not the unemployment.