Sign in to follow this  
saluy

Theif 4 trailer

Not really.

I've been playing through the second one again lately and due to age it's really lacking the atmosphere it used to have.

The contrast between light and dark is severely lacking too, probably because of new monitors being brighter than the old CRTs I'd played Thief 1/2 on in the late '90s/early '00s.

When I first played the demo of Thief, it was the most tense shit ever, and getting spotted gave me a huge adrenaline rush running away from guards.

The game really drew me into its world, and gave me a newfound love for the stealth genre.

It does nothing like that for me now for the above reasons, age, etc... but the games are still classics and still remain one of my favorite series.

Mojo, you COULD give the third game a shot... it has aged better obviously, though it's a bit more 'consolized' in comparison to the first two, due to being on X-Box and ported to PC.

The game engine wasn't the best, and required loading between sections of the levels... which was kind of annoying, it broke it up too much, and the game was way too easy in general.

I disagree, I played Thief 2 back in 2010 and thought it was absolutely brilliant (once you get it working, that is). You do need to drop the screen brightness and gamma down, and apply several community made patches to make the game work properly with Direct X. The only issue is that it's a PC game from 1999-2000: it's bloody hard, and very long. Thief 3 is ok, but the enemy AI and the creatures made of stone ruined the game, and it's the opposite of Thief II - quite easy and fairly brief.

And that was an interesting post on Kotaku detailing all of the departures from the development team, and news of a trailer that was made at least six months ago and never shown. On top of this, development on the game is estimated at four years now, and yet we've seen nothing of it, and only knew it existed because they announced it, and there were job postings for it. Perhaps they've started again?

Edited by Mademan

The development team that created Deus Ex: Human Revolution is working on Thief 4.

I thought it was a well known fact... and has been since before the release of DXHR. :/

Moar Garret goodness!!! Hope there will be a Benny easter egg. The Thief games are one of a few that I have finished on the hardest difficulty. So sneaksie :-)