Sign in to follow this  
te0p

Windows 7 toolbar problem

I have just got windows 7.

I dont know how to get the toolbar at the bottom disappear, im not talking about auto hide, rather why it is always on top.

So for instantce, i go to Youtube and everything is fine, play video, then i go fullscreen on the video but the taskbar stays.

If i use auto hide it is never there, i like the toolbar, except when i make youtube fullscreen etc...

It used to work that way on windows vista..

Ok that's odd te0p, as far as I can remember mine has always disappeared on full screen.

Is it only when using youtube and similar? Or does it do it in games and when using a media player or Windows media Centre?

Mine disappears when I fullscreen YouTube, but if I fullscreen say, VLC player... the taskbar stays, until I click on it once then click on the video and it disappears.

Very odd, are you using the latest flash and graphics drivers?

Latest Graphics drivers...not sure about flash though, but i would assume so as everything is updated when needed. I also use the Aero Windows...not sure if you guys all do...i can take it or leave it...but was wondering if it had any impact.

Here is the images of what i am talking about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have this issue happen when I fullscreen something, but focus is on a separate screen. I find that if I click back on the screen showing the full screen content, the SuperBar disappears. Kind of annoying.

Doesn't appear to be your issue, just thought t might somehow be relevant :P

I had a clients laptop doing this to me.

Tried for about 10 minutes to fix it.

Gave up and reimaged.

Not too helpful, I know.

But I'll be checking back for a cause and solution :P.

I have come across this problem before but I havent a clue about a fix for it. Apparently though, it a problem thats specifically to do with Chrome that hasnt been fixed yet.

I have come across this problem before but I havent a clue about a fix for it. Apparently though, it a problem thats specifically to do with Chrome that hasnt been fixed yet.

OK i just tryed a few things.

Went to Explorer 64 and loaded Youtube and went ful screen, but under Explorer it only opens the video as far as the task bar and top bar and wont go true full screen.

Went to Vimeo with explorer, Went true full screen no problems.

Went back to chrome and loaded vimeo and went full screen and it did the same as youtube and went under the task bar, so i dare say it is chrome related as you have said...well chrome/Windows 7 related (as it works for me under vista)

The other thing i have noticed too, Is youtube is extremely slow. But when i went to Explorer and tryed Vimeo it prompted me for adobe flash player and i installed it. (which chrome didnt, it went on and played the vids with out it) since then it has speed up chrome LOL.... explorer is winning all over the place on this install. Now they have dumped i-google i dont really have a need to use chrome anyway.....maybe i should go to the explorer/Bing universe.

Bit of a late reply, have you managed to sort this out yet?

I'm using windows 7 and chrome across about 4 different PCs almost daily, I play all kinds of things in full screen like presentations, youtube videos, games etc. and I have never encountered this issue once. I can't backup that its related to chrome, as its the only browser I use.

I don't use a double height taskbar, and actually have my taskbar down the left (makes more sense given wide screen aspect ratios). Try moving the taskbar or reducing it to regular height?

Have you installed SP1 for Win7?

Another thing to try is hitting F11 to fullscreen Chrome and see if it still happens.

If so, try another browser :P Maybe Firefox or Opera.

Bit of a late reply, have you managed to sort this out yet?

I'm using windows 7 and chrome across about 4 different PCs almost daily, I play all kinds of things in full screen like presentations, youtube videos, games etc. and I have never encountered this issue once. I can't backup that its related to chrome, as its the only browser I use.

I don't use a double height taskbar, and actually have my taskbar down the left (makes more sense given wide screen aspect ratios). Try moving the taskbar or reducing it to regular height?

Have you installed SP1 for Win7?

Still not working properly.

I worked out why youtube was slow though under Chrome.. It had synched all the browser data from my old PC, as as i use Youtube quite a bit, when i re-synched it it was having aot of trouble with it.....so i cleared all browsing data and it ran heaps faster, just like normal.

As for being Under the taskbar, it is still doing it...i have no idea as to why. getting quite irritating too. cause i have to press ESC to go back to normal to FF a video etc..

I tried Vimeo on IE8 and it went fullscreen and it worked fine. i havent tried any other browsers apart from chrome and IE8 ill post on Chrome help forum and see if i can get any answers.

I'm betting the issue is that YouTube videos are playing as HTML5 rather than Flash when using Chrome, I believe Vimeo has HTML5 as well.

if you play a video on youtube and right click on the video it'll tell you, you'll either have an option for flash settings or not.

I'm betting the issue is that YouTube videos are playing as HTML5 rather than Flash when using Chrome, I believe Vimeo has HTML5 as well.

if you play a video on youtube and right click on the video it'll tell you, you'll either have an option for flash settings or not.

I checked it out but it appears to be running with flash.

I tried something else too... if i open a "incognito" window and load up youtube it runs really quickly and great. It appears that it is only when i am logged in that it is slower.

I still havent figured out the full screen bullshit....that i have no idea.

Getting closer.