Athiril

Conservative Christians at it again

Christian Conservatives and friends want to impose their moral values over the top of everybody else's and have them adopted as a universal moral value, instead of you know, having the right to individual values and make your own choices.

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/game...0623-20vdr.html

This just makes me rage.

CONSERVATIVE groups have urged the federal government to ensure the sex and violence allowed in the new R18+ category for computer games is no greater than that for the current MA15+ level.

Rest of article is at link.

I feel the urge to throat punch that guy.

Here's an idea.. why don't they fuck off and let people choose according to their own moral values which differ to theirs.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Here's an idea.. why don't they fuck off and let people choose according to their own moral values which differ to theirs.

It's simple.

Because they're conservative, and therefore right wing.

Right wing philosophy holds that not everyone is created equal and, indeed, that there is a hierarchy within society at which they just happen to sit at the top of. Therefore, they're smarter than you. By virtue of their intellectual and social superiority, they know what's good for you; even if you don't. Apparently R18+ games are bad for you. They're just protecting you from your stupid, lower class self.

You should be thanking them for having the capacity to be able to do the thinking for you.

Now. Where did I leave my Butt Sluts 5 DVD that I bought on the main street? Oh. Here it is.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

This just completely undermines the past ten fucking years of progress that we have pushed at the government for this change.

And these fucking consertative pricks have the balls to demand this!!!

If this incompetent government listens to these pandering self-idolistic arseholes, then all this effort is thrown back in our faces, the voters who put them in charge in the first place!

This is also relevent.

It's simple.

Because they're conservative, and therefore right wing.

Right wing philosophy holds that not everyone is created equal and, indeed, that there is a hierarchy within society at which they just happen to sit at the top of. Therefore, they're smarter than you, and they know what's good for you, even if you don't. Apparently R18+ games are bad for you. They're just protecting you from your stupid, lower class self.

You should be thanking them for having the capacity to be able to think for you.

I get what you're saying, but you're just making me put my angry face on.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I get what you're saying, but you're just making me put my angry face on.

Well.

That's just stupid-you being all lower class left wing and trying to think for yourself. This is where you go wrong. Don't think and especially don't think for yourself. Just go to work in their factories and their businesses you'll be happy. And they'll be happy. Which means we'll all be happy!

Don't get above your station son! Let your betters do the thinking for you. That way they can be all angry and you don't have to be. That's why they gave us Alan Jones, so he could think and be angry and let us know what to think and if there's anything we need to be to be angry about. Mostly it's about the disadvantaged, but I'll let them fill you in on the details, it's all a bit over my head.

See how good to us they are?

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

When Jesus was on the Australian Classification board he let all sorts of crazy violent stories through and even had them wrote in a book for all ages to read.

Many people around the world are scared to death of the stories he and his friends tell, hopefully Jim Wallace in all his wisdom can get the bible moved into the R18 category as well

Guest xyzzy frobozz

frobozz - this isnt right wing politics, its failing secularism

If you agree that they're conservatives, then you agree that they're right wing. Conservatism is a right wing philosophy. Secularism was born out of the "left wing" during the French Revolution, and tends to be a left wing concept (although there are right wing secularists). The separation of church and state was a concept about brought to break up the duopoly of power held by nobles and the church prior to the revolution.

Perhaps you're more left wing than you think!

:-)

EDIT:- Added quotation marks due to there not being a "left wing" before the revolution.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Are there Christian video games?

Not sure 'game' is the correct term. Perhaps 'indoctrination software' is a better description.

yeah you're right, religion or religious ideology has nothing to do with this topic

Yeah, I've been posting about this.

The ACL supported R18+ when the government began seriously considering it as an option. Every tech journalist has been jumping the gun in celebrating R18+ with many not having a great deal of detail about the scheme.

Anyway, video games will still be rated by the same dickhead review boards that don't consider public opinion or follow precedents.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

yeah you're right, religion or religious ideology has nothing to do with this topic

Errr yeah, that's the opposite of what I said. But OK.

Hell yeah (pardon the pun)!

The Binding of Isaac!

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

I can answer that. Yes, yes there are Christian video games, movies, music, dvds, clothing...Just about everything...besides food...wait no Christian fortune cookies as well.

I find this interference from Christian politicians rather annoying myself. My family just sees games as, well, games.

And as the R18+ rating fixes games from being placed in the MA15+ rating, I, personally see it as a good thing. Although maybe would have seen it as a bad thing if I was younger and this R18+ rating resulted in me not being able to play the new, highly-rated games or say a game of the year.

Edited by TheSingularity

isn't this just a part of of what a democracy is about?

Or is democracy only a good thing when people agree with you :)

that seems to be happening a lot at the moment.

Not when a small non-representative portion of the community has the ear of the Government it's not.

Bloody lobbyists seem to have too much sway over our politicians these days.

I have said (and been shot down for saying) before that if you think we have a real representative government in this country I have a bridge you might like to buy.

No Laws based on ethics and those to enhance choice and the value of society should be based on religion. If we seek religion in every choice we make then we take away the factor for freedom of speech and choice. Our society would be like book with the words on the front cover do not open ,light may encourage growth.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

that seems to be happening a lot at the moment.

I suppose it depends upon the way in which you look at it.

On one hand, conservatives should have every right to express their views to their local members and government in general - lobby if you will.

On the other hand, we have a functioning democracy that had decided for an R18+ classification that, anecdotally, would seem to be supported by the majority. The Conservative lobby (and it isn't just "Conservative Christians") seem to want to overturn the voice of the majority.

Either way - that's democracy!

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Not when a small non-representative portion of the community has the ear of the Government it's not.

Bloody lobbyists seem to have too much sway over our politicians these days.

So minorities shouldn't lobby? It's only a problem if the majority remain silent. I don't blame the minorities, I blame those who do nothing but complain.

Politicians are influenced by numbers of votes. I don't know the actual numbers (does anybody?), but I would suggest there is a very large number of people who support the +18 classification. Many will even be Christian! They need to lobby in the same way the minority Christian conservatives are.