Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
SquallStrife

[retro swim]

Thanks!

And yea, I do like the way Silpheed sounds on the Tandy. It's very similar on the CMS/GameBlaster as well.

I have 12 subscribers on the youtubes now, that's 12 more than I could have wished for! Thanks for watching, y'all! :)

Well, I'm a happy little Vegemite today...

It finally arrived!

Posted Image

So I made up the cable for the Master System. The components will be hidden in a little box eventually, the thickness of the cables means there wasn't enough room to hide the components inside the SCART plug.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The picture initially had a green tint to it, so I popped open the converter and fiddled with the trimpots a little.

Posted Image

The results are well worth the effort! Note how the red colour of the hearts doesn't bleed into the grey area. The individual pixels are well defined and visible.

Before (composite video):

Posted Image

After (SCART RGB to Component YUV):

Posted Image

These images need to be viewed at full size to really see the difference:

Before (composite): http://i.imgur.com/v9OT3.jpg

After (RGB): http://i.imgur.com/xSV3r.jpg

Edited by SquallStrife

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of video'age so far this week. I have the footage and commentary all shot and recorded, but when I sat down to start editing on Sunday night (aiming for an overnight upload and "live and public" on Monday morning), my brain decided it was too big for its cavity, and I've been having awful throbbing headaches since. Nothing excruciating or foetal-position-inducing, but very uncomfortable, blocking me from spending extended periods on a computer . It's eased up and I feel somewhat better tonight, hopefully after a nice long sleep I'll be able to get stuck in to iMovie and upload this beeyatch tomorrow. Watch this space, friends! :)

Episode 7 is live!

This week, a quick look at a horrible bit of shareware. Enjoy it, then avoid the game forever. Seriously.

Anyhow, the missus and I are going away on for the weekend, so episode 8 will be made next weekend.

I've never heard of that game, nor the Pizza company, but I have a vague recollection of seeing that logo as a kid. Apart from that, awesome coupe of episodes (caught up with a few previous ones I missed)

I bought Halloween Harry registered version in a box from Manaccom. It had some additional shareware games on the CD and Skunny Save our Pizzas was one of them.

I did finish the shareware version (IIRC there's only two levels, both in Rome) and yes the poor collision detection was infuriating. Not to mention the janky movement and terrible music!

A much belated 8th episode is now online!

This week, a look at my Commodore 1541 floppy drive, writing Commodore floppies from a PC, and comparing an original PC demoscene demo with a C64 re-make!

Enjoy!

Edit: Oh, also, new title card! Let me know what you think! :)

Edited by SquallStrife

Ahaha, loved the thumbs up you gave when flipping the floppy in ep 8...still watching, will post back soon.

New title card is cool too

Was wondering when you would bring in Skunny Kart, I remember playing that at my Cousins place back in the 90s, shit game lol. Also had it installed on my 486 not long ago, deleted it very quickly :P

Oh and not sure if its intentional, but in your youtube description for ep 9, you put 'a mother visit from my favourite crappy shareware perpetrator'.

Ahaha, loved the thumbs up you gave when flipping the floppy in ep 8...still watching, will post back soon.

New title card is cool too

Was wondering when you would bring in Skunny Kart, I remember playing that at my Cousins place back in the 90s, shit game lol. Also had it installed on my 486 not long ago, deleted it very quickly :P

Oh and not sure if its intentional, but in your youtube description for ep 9, you put 'a mother visit from my favourite crappy shareware perpetrator'.

That should be "another". Thanks, I'll fix that now. :)

Wish I saw that post before I changed it! Oh well. I liked your suggestion! :)

I'm just watching the video on the YouTubes again, and I'm surprised how nice the in-game footage looks, considering it's been encoded three times! It looks loads better than when I did "Save our Pizza's".