Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
SquallStrife

[retro swim]

I couldn't really figure out what to do once I had Linux installed, so I'm thinking of some things to demo on it next week.

The SDK contains a bunch of code examples, maybe I'll have a stab at compiling them.

Very Cool - I wasn't aware that the PS2 had a HDD connector on the network adaptor. I always wondered why the PS2 had a massive hole in the back of it if you took that little cover off. Only ever seen 1 PS2 with a network adaptor, think it was my bros when socom came out.

Friend of mine had a hard drive full of every PS2 game imaginable connected to his PS2. Was a thing of beauty!

I know what you mean when you can't think of what to use Linux for. I've run Linux on a GameCube, Wii and PS3 but once I had it there I couldn't think of any actual use for it :P

Maybe Linux based emulators, turning the PS2 into a retro game library?

OKAY!!! After a near disaster this weekend involving my Laptop's HDD, I commenced editing Episode 11 last night. Should be finished today for uploading overnight. Sorry for the delay folks.

I nearly lost about 300 photos from our trip to the USA, so yeah, it kind of took precedent over editing my web show. The good news is that the photos were recovered, so my head's escaped the chopping block this time. Phew.

It's here! Episode 11 is live!

It's Tamagotchi on steroids! :)

Edit: Oop, looks like it's still processing. Shouldn't be too long folks. :)

Edit2: OK, looks like it's working now! :)

Edited by SquallStrife

Cool music. Lighting needs to be a bit better though, sometimes its hard to see the screen of the pocketstation.

Still watching, just initial thoughts.

Edited by NukeJockey

Cool music. Lighting needs to be a bit better though, sometimes its hard to see the screen of the pocketstation.

Still watching, just initial thoughts.

Yeah, retrospectively I shouldn't have done those bits in front of the TV.

It actually didn't look as bad in Final Cut, but I think my MBP's display is just generally brighter.. makes it hard to tell what it's going to look like when it finally gets to Youtube. :-/

The footage of the little screen later on in the video looks much better, I shot it away from the TV. :)

Edit: Just noticed that the titlecard says "Episode X". D'oh! I think I'll re-upload and fix these issues. That'll have to wait til tonight.

Edited by SquallStrife

Yeah it was much better later on in the video.

Was an interesting episode anyway, the pocket station reminds me of the pokewalker i got with my ds copy of pokemon heart gold. Crappy minigames that can net you stuff in the actual game.

I've started watching the videos today, as the flu has finally told me to stop running around today and rest.

I love the transition from video noob in the first video to presentation pro by video 4. Your humour and style is starting to really shine through, really enjoying it.

Have you thought about using a serial to parrallel converter for the Tandy 1000 ? That way you can use the faster parrallel port for transfers in the future.

The Wonderboy 2 Master System (Monster Land ) and Wonderboy 2 (Megadrive ) was such a big thing at the time, not to mention Wonderboy 3 ! Arcade Wonderboy 3 was floating on a cloud shooter, while console versions was more like the original 2.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

The Tandy's parallel port is unidirectional, strictly for printers! :-/

I've installed a NIC in the Tandy since then anyways, so I can FTP stuff on to it.

Yea, I'd like to do an episode covering all the Wonderboy games, it's definitely on the backburner. :)

According to Wikipedia, the RL has a bi-directional port !

Good stuff with the NIC, is it RJ45 or coaxial connection ?

Do you have any interest in MAME, or any other kind of emulators ? I wouldn't mind seeing an episode on that .

Still watching, but first criticism! Instead of panning the camera over your games, it would have been better if you just photographed them all and did a slide in the video, that way we could actually see them, as the camera pans it looks a little bit blurry, although I don't know if thats coz I'm in 720p, my connection cant stream 1080p content properly.

Hmmmm......

I was debating for hours with myself how to actually do that bit. This way seemed the simplest.

It might have been that Youtube was still processing the video when you watched it, that makes any video look hella blurry. I just had a look now and it's all legible, even the loose disk cases.

Hang tight, I'll put something together for ya. :)

Edited by SquallStrife

OK. I found that some of the pans did make the camera lose focus, BUT, with enough pausing and screenshotting, I put this together:

Posted Image

(Click for full-size image)

Should be able to read the names on most of those.

I'm at work now, so I just cooked this one up, when I get home I'll do a proper photo one and link it. :)

Edit: Image URL wasn't quite right. All good now. :)

Edited by SquallStrife

Our first PC had that specific case as your 486 box. So many memories

Unlike yours, ours had no sound whatsoever :-P

Edited by nobody813

Epsode 13 is up!

In this ep, I take a look at how I get files from the Internet or whatever, on to my old computers.

Side note, I think this is the only video on youtube containing Prince of Persia with Tandy 3-Voice Music and DAC Sound!