SquallStrife

[retro swim]

Glad to see these coming out again :-D

I've never really mucked about with Dosbox before, so this was all new to me. Did notice some difference, but I've never played those games before, so wouldn't mind having a go of them with real hardware.

Have been planning a few retro builds (for me at least :-P), which I'll likely post about on here and Vogons when I get around to figuring out what it is I wan to build them for. Yours and a few others videos have really got me back interested in retro hardware (both PC and consoles), so I'd like to thank you for that!

Keep up the awesome work :-)

Episode 33 is up!

I get creative to solve the problem of the IBM 5150's oversized reserved IO address space.

Edited by SquallStrife

Episode 34 is live!

On this episode, I build a Socket 370 machine with no less than FOUR 3D accelerators on deck!

I owned mechwarrior 2 as a kid.... never did get to 'play' it. Every time I made a mech it came out over weight :P

and I was too young to understand that.

I owned mechwarrior 2 as a kid.... never did get to 'play' it. Every time I made a mech it came out over weight :P

and I was too young to understand that.

My prob was always heat. The most successful one could operate usefully unless you fired every weapon - then it blew it's arms off.

I made an elemental which was basically a time bomb: from startup, it just kept getting hotter until it went boom.

Apparently the loadout portion of the MW2 PC game was very true to the tabletop Battletech RPG, true to a fault actually. The turn-based nature of the tabletop game penalised certain strategies like gunboating, but those mechanisms don't translate to real-time, so some otherwise "legal" loadouts are totally OP in the PC game!

Also, here's some bonus content!!

There was supposed to be a repair video for my Famicom Disk System, but all it needed was some solder joints fixed, so I decided not to bother making a full length video and just show the thing working.

Here 'tis!

Hurrah! :))
It is really interesting to follow your next videos! Where do you fing enough time to do such a great job?
If you want, you may also take the bug bounty program challenge! I belive it will be really interesting for such a creative person!
Congrats!)))

Episode 36 is going to be a multi-part Mega Episode!!

Part 1 is the unboxening, where I, well, I won't spoil it, but I get something awesome in the mail!!!

Part 3 of Episode 36 is live!

In this part of the Teradrive saga, I add a much-needed second ISA slot, and take a look at some of the unique graphics capabilities.

Part 4 (the final part) of Episode 36 is live!

I get the sound card playing nicely with the sans-negative-12v Teradrive, and mix the outputs for added convenience.