.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Android 4.1 - Jelly Bean

Galaxy Nexus owners are now getting Android 4.1 OTA.

Not me :(

Stupid yakju good for nothing bullshit.

At least it'll come down eventually...

Galaxy Nexus owners are now getting Android 4.1 OTA.

Not me :(

Stupid yakju good for nothing bullshit.

At least it'll come down eventually...

Merry Christmas.
All's good, it came down OTA this morning. Wanted to update at about 9am. Apologies for the gigantic embeds, but I couldn't be bothered resizing or uploading to photobucket, so they're here in raw dropbox form:

Posted Image

Update ready!

Posted Image

Jerry Beeeean

Posted Image

I like the new sharing menu, it's one of the more obvious changes to ICS (there aren't many)

Posted Image

Also included is a bean-flicking game, if that sort of thing turns you on ;)

Overall I'm happy with the update, though it appears I don't have access to the 'cards'. I wonder if that's because I disabled the Google search toolbar in applications while I was still on ICS? Might have to have a play around to see if I can get them working, as I'm curious - though will likely disable them again once I've seen it in action.

Much smoother than before, though there's still the odd hiccup when scrolling homescreens with widgets. I reckon this will be a big turning point for retail impressions v. iOS, it's a drastic improvement.

*edit*

OK, seems that disabling the Google search app (the grey bar at the homescreen, which I don't really like, and that apparently takes up 28kb) was the culprit. Re-enabling fixed it and brought up this when I tapped the search bar:

Posted Image

Oops, I left the ringtone volume popup on the screen. Ah well.

Posted Image

Holding a finger on the home button now actually does something. Hooray!

Posted Image

Huzzah, all open and card-ey.

It also chucks a notification in the pulldown bar, but I'm not sure it's worth leaving it running. Might disable it and just keep on keeping on.

*edit2*

Guh, seems that the pictures only worked on my PC as I had the images cached. Here's a link to the folder with the pics in it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nx2rzjjpoegcskf/pLWlBRJB76

Edited by TheFrunj

Do you have a telstra nexus TheFrunj ?

No, my HTC Desire was with Telstra when I first got it, stayed with them for the few months I had the SGN outright, and then I renewed my contract with them out of laziness. The icon in the statusbar was "Telstra Usage" app wanting an update >.>

Just updated from 4.1 to 4.1.1

Not sure what the difference is. I heard people say it was "heaps" faster than 4.1 (as quick as 4.1 was already), but I haven't noticed it.

I've seen a few roms beginning to surface for SGSII which is nice. It is going to take a bit longer to get it running well enough to use daily, but it boots and some functions work which is a good start.

If I find a decent one will update this thread.

Wish I had a nexus now... they are only about $380 outright its tempting to use some of my tax return.

I've seen a few roms beginning to surface for SGSII which is nice. It is going to take a bit longer to get it running well enough to use daily, but it boots and some functions work which is a good start.

If I find a decent one will update this thread.

Wish I had a nexus now... they are only about $380 outright its tempting to use some of my tax return.

The SGSIII won't get a good port until Samsung finishes their version. The good news is that Samsung have been working hard on the 4.1 update, so we might get a pleasant surprise sooner than most people would expect.

I see some people are getting OWA updates for their nexus's, Wonder if my telstra one will get it as its still sitting on 4.0.1

My Nexus S gets in such a laggy state that sometimes it will crash at a website in the browser and bring me back to the home screen with a black (animated background R.I.P) background.

Either my update comes in the next week or so or I'll really have to get to the bottom of this.

Why are the older phones like the nexus getting it first? is it because they are a "google" phone and not telstra or optus branded?

Why are the older phones like the nexus getting it first? is it because they are a "google" phone and not telstra or optus branded?

Correctamundo.

Telstra, Optus, Samsung, HTC, T-Mobile, etc, all jam their own little bit of software on top of Android. And when an update comes out, they need to port their software over the top of it. People are talking months before an official version of Jelly Bean with Sense on it is released by HTC.

P.S. Apparently everything bar the camera and wifi hotspot is working on the HTC One X port. Might give it a full run this weekend.

'

I'm running JB on my SGSIII. It's a very good first release, but I discovered a bad memory leak, so until it's fixed I can't recommend it as a daily driver.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

That's the whole point of owning a Nexus (or Nexus S, or Galaxy Nexus).

yeah.. i want to know why those phones are first?

yeah.. i want to know why those phones are first?

as mentioned the pure google phones don't have to wait for carriers etc to modify the updates with crapware.

Nexus S has been delayed due to it not meeting Australian regulatory requirments surrounding emergency calls.

No ETA from Vodafone either yet.

Nexus S has been delayed due to it not meeting Australian regulatory requirments surrounding emergency calls.

No ETA from Vodafone either yet.

:(

All these conundrums over a OS update?