Sign in to follow this  
B82R3S

Vdroop with ivy bridge and Asus VRM+ board (P8z77I-Deluxe)

Hey Guys,

Getting Vdroop on my asus P8z77I-Deluxe

ive left everything in the VRM section to auto, increased current limit to 120% and have set the phase control to optimised.

VCPU set to 1.325 i see ~1.31 idle, but when i put load on it it shoots down to ~1.25

Is there anything i can do about this?

im going to pause here before i continue, if i can controll the voltage better ill beable to get higher OC's.

or should i just use offset mode for voltage, does that handle this type of load better?

Thanks,

i run load line calibration at high and that keeps vdrop to a minimum

i use offset mode so that the v still drops back at idle when the cpu downclocks

the info in these guides should help

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l34d6j6c4wqf...uning_Guide.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1p63cctaoap6gtt/M5Gguide.zip

Edited by Dasa

cheers bloke, i tend to like to be told whats "safe" then i work my OC around that but ill have a read haha! thanks for the LLC tip

Does offset mode work from the base CPU voltage? or from some sort of base turbo voltage?

and do you use PLL overvoltage for turbo? ive done my OC through the turbo settings, is that advisable?

Edited by B82R3S

for me the offset was ontop of whatever my mb set the cpu at which could change a fair bit as you up the clocks and doesnt always report in bios what it will be in windows so you need to be careful to check what its at idle\load in windows

pll overvoltage setting lets you boot at higher clock speeds once you hit a wall often around 4.4ghz+ on sandy depending on your luck

enabling it can screw with standby resume depending on the mb\ram

for me the offset was ontop of whatever my mb set the cpu at which could change a fair bit as you up the clocks and doesnt always report in bios what it will be in windows so you need to be careful to check what its at idle\load in windows

pll overvoltage setting lets you boot at higher clock speeds once you hit a wall often around 4.4ghz+ on sandy depending on your luck

enabling it can screw with standby resume depending on the mb\ram

hmm starting to hit a temp based wall, will probably increase fan speed for now, sucks that the GFX fan is so loud haha..

No specific goals as yet, just that prime/occt whatever loading 24/7 should sit around 70-75 deg C (or can i take that higher), highest clock and lowest Vcore for that clock.

Do you overclock using the turbo mode or the base settings? im thinking ill slightly overclock the non turbo speed and give the turbo speed a good go.

-------Edit

Trying to see what vcore i can run it at 4.3, i had it going 4.6 at 1.33 reported but i figured itd be a bit risky after looking at what people are running online, temps werent bad at all.

And when people say that the overclocks are temp limited what do they mean by that, does the cpu slow down as temp increases? or does stability drop off at a certain point?

with the quiet coolers im getting max temp of 61deg with OCCT at 4.3 and 1.18vcore reported, will just leave it priming now and see if its stable at this,

--- edit

8 hours of prime95 gave 70deg on two cores at 1.18vcore 4.3, will now try lowering PLL voltage untill its unstable again, after that are there any other voltages i can drop for lower temps?

Edited by B82R3S

happy with OC but still getting vdroop... any other pointers guys? idle 1.215 load 1.18

do you mean lower voltage = more droop? or to say harden up and set a higher voltage?

Edited by B82R3S

turned it back to stock, get random resets, i think its because of vdroop... i dont really want to pile .1-.2v extra just so it wont vdroop too much, anyone got a list of "safe" settings, i appreciate the PDF but it doesnt really say Hey this will fuxor chips if you set it to this."

Cheers

Maximum safe voltage is 1.375v under full load from memory, or thats what intel says is safe in its design documents.