strifus

Mouse Mats

Favourite mouse pad I ever used was the one that came free with Battlezone, it was awesome. For some reason, two years ago I washed it, it came apart... I did a Khan moment except I used my own name.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

The largest Razer Goliathus Control here.

It also doubles as a pad that stops my wrist rubbing on the sharp corner of the desk. I usually replace mine once a year after summer as they get pretty funky with wrist sweat.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Razer Goliathus Control here and love it.

I have this as well but after a while, the material wears out and doesn't feel that smooth no more.

The largest Razer Goliathus Control here.

It also doubles as a pad that stops my wrist rubbing on the sharp corner of the desk. I usually replace mine once a year after summer as they get pretty funky with wrist sweat.

I try to replace mine as soon as its surface becomes too "funky" (as you put it) and when its not as smooth as it used to be. I am at that point right now and I am wondering what to get next. I have had 2 goliathus's over the last 3 years. I love them but I was wondering whether I should try something new for a change.

Omg. Do want. I have this problem that my Sargas 360 is big enough for my mouse but because of its size the keyboard sits half on my pad half on my desk making it uneven, this is an amazing fix for that!

umm.. stick a piece of small cardboard under the uneven part of the keyboard?

They're $29. It's not exactly like they're expensive. The textures are quite a bit different though. I prefer the speed editions with my Logitechs but the control edition with my Corsair.

Razer Goliathus Fragged Extended Control Edition Refresh

Razer Goliathus Fragged Extended Speed Edition Refresh

Sweet thanks.

As for th cardboard comment thanks but I'd rather not lol

I use one of those textured 3M pads, "precise mousing surface", apparently.

...are they not washable? Every few months I go over mine with some dish washing detergent and it comes up nice and fresh and clean.

They're $29. It's not exactly like they're expensive. The textures are quite a bit different though. I prefer the speed editions with my Logitechs but the control edition with my Corsair.

What's the difference between the speed and control pads. I think I've only ever used the control one, the largest one and not the extended one. I do clean mine as well as per directions but eventually the surface, as some have pointed out, just gets too funky or plain worn out.

Razer Goliathus Control here and love it. Bought it about 5 years ago when I started rubbing the laminate on my desk away playing SOF and BF2. Been very happy with it ever since - used with G7, G9 and G9x mice.

I've got the same, had it about 2 years and its in desperate need of replacing, the good thing is its massive, so its probably feasible for me to just chop the sides down where the edges are frayed.

Zomg nice!

Just ordered one of the control ones.

I was just reading up on that 2 days ago.

Apparently they've named the 2 pads backwards - The control version is meant for low sensitivities, and the speed is designed for high sensitivities.

I bought the speed version, it's still fine for my low sens. Next time I will try the control version though. Maybe in another 2 years.

I have Razer Goliathus Fragged Omega Control Refresh

the partner has Razer Goliathus Fragged Omega Speed Refresh

some issues with the speed and the CM inferno finding straight lines in the middle of the mat

only other issue is doen to cat hair, but a few whacks* and the problem is fixed.

*the mat, not the cat.

I was just reading up on that 2 days ago.

Apparently they've named the 2 pads backwards - The control version is meant for low sensitivities, and the speed is designed for high sensitivities.

I bought the speed version, it's still fine for my low sens. Next time I will try the control version though. Maybe in another 2 years.

Thanks for that clarification bushi. I am a low sensitivity person myself. So I've inadvertently bought the right mouse pad for my usage. Hehe. The thing is that I used the func pad and the ricochet before this and I loved how smooth it felt with the Teflon coated feet, almost like floating on air. However, those mice pads were often too small for my use.

The speed pad is rather smooth and the control pads are fairly textured. If you go to your nearest EB, Hardly Normal or DSE they usual have both types and they all have a hole in the box so that you can feel the texture

I've got an A2 sized green generic cutting mat, upside down as in the rulings and writing is on the bottom, bought it for $2 at the local Reject Shop. Works flawlessly with my G5 laser mouse, and the various red led optical mouses that I've used.

My Razer Goliathus Extended Control pad arrived today, its fucking huge, but totally worth it.

Looks and feels awesome.

Edited by NukeJockey

Still really like my Goliathus Extended Speed. Am in the market for a hard surface though.

Has anyone directly compared Razer's Scarab and Ironclad? Is either one recommended for high/low sens?

I use a Razer Taipan at high sensitivity claw grip, and have heard that the Ironclad might be better for this, but it's out of stock at Razerzone and EBGames.

Still really like my Goliathus Extended Speed. Am in the market for a hard surface though.

Has anyone directly compared Razer's Scarab and Ironclad? Is either one recommended for high/low sens?

I use a Razer Taipan at high sensitivity claw grip, and have heard that the Ironclad might be better for this, but it's out of stock at Razerzone and EBGames.

Have a look into the Razer Vespula, hard surface and dual sided, Iv been using one for at least 12 months and I have no complaints :)

Do you know if they have they improved the Vespula's design much?

I had the older eXactmat a few years ago, but it wore down pretty quickly, don't think I got 6 months out of it before I was starting to see through the black plastic coating on it.

Sounds like after 12 months yours has had no issue with the coating wearing down?