Harro2

Guild Wars 2

I found out that to get Jutes properly I need to roll an alt, buy some cloth armor level 5 and then use a salvage kit to get the jutes, and its quite expensive process.

That's annoying. I'm worried that if I get to 30 somehow (by accident cause I levelled up twice accidently through crafting alone :\) Then I might have to use the alt to get the next pieces of gear to get the next wool part.

Farming the Jutes hasnt been fun too as i get about 10-20 in an hour urgh.

But yea I appreciate that the salvaging isnt worth doing unless at low levels which I understand.

What I dont understand is why I have to roll an alt to buy level 5 cloth armor as a level 28 healing support guardian :(.

Well, you actually don't. That's kind of a left handed way to go about it.

1) The trading post (when it comes up) will have more than enough raw materials for purchase. People have been hording like crazy since launch, so I think the prices should be very reasonable initially.

2) Mobs frequently drop items which can be salvaged into Jute scraps.

I found out that to get Jutes properly I need to roll an alt, buy some cloth armor level 5 and then use a salvage kit to get the jutes, and its quite expensive process.

That's annoying. I'm worried that if I get to 30 somehow (by accident cause I levelled up twice accidently through crafting alone :\) Then I might have to use the alt to get the next pieces of gear to get the next wool part.

Farming the Jutes hasnt been fun too as i get about 10-20 in an hour urgh.

But yea I appreciate that the salvaging isnt worth doing unless at low levels which I understand.

What I dont understand is why I have to roll an alt to buy level 5 cloth armor as a level 28 healing support guardian :(.

Well, you actually don't. That's kind of a left handed way to go about it.

1) The trading post (when it comes up) will have more than enough raw materials for purchase. People have been hording like crazy since launch, so I think the prices should be very reasonable initially.

2) Mobs frequently drop items which can be salvaged into Jute scraps.

As I mentioned earlier. I tried 2) in the humans starting area for 1 hour to only score 20 jutes max, that is clearly annoying and more grindy than SWTOR.

Edited by Zhaker

Hahahaha bugs yes there will be bugs.....its programming lulz !!

Best game ever so polished and wonderful....great community spirit, Aussies will keep it that way !

The world may not see me for sometime or this forum for that, see you in Tyria.

BTW...................... Harro2 will not be seen for sometime because he lives there, hahaha

*end transmission*

WTF...I thought you knew I can't play. My internet is still fucked and thats after having 2 Telstra techs already cheak the lines to my house saying that it's good. I've lodged a fault with iinet and its will be 2 weeks come next tuesday and still it is not fixed. Fucking pissed off to be honest. Ive requested a cabler to inspect the wiring in my house and still hav'nt heard anything from them. Ive called iinet about 10 times and spent over 6 hours on the phone trying to get things done.

Im lucky to get over 10KB/sec and under 2 minutes the speed drops to under 0.01KB/sec before it fails. It's friggen painfull just to browse Atomic website, usually it fails before the page loads and I might have to refresh the page serveral times. *end rant*

I managed to log into GW2 once, lasted about 30 mins with many lag drop outs. Was unplayable though. Some one sent me an invite ingame, can't recall who it was now, maybe some one from Atomic forums :)

I'd becarefull about calling GW2 the best game ever, while I agree with you, you should preface that as your opinion because not every one will share our point of view.

What makes Aussies such a speacial flower over any other nationality for maintaining a great community spirit? I've seen a couple of Aussie tards bashing GW2 on youtube, back when I actually had a good internet connection. I can understand critical negative opion of a game but most if not all of the points are ill-informed or out right lies. It makes me cringe watching and listening to the dribble and venom that comes out of thier hatfull mouths. But its the internet, to be expected I suppose. I really dont understand the hatered Guild Wars 2 can generate. I suspect their friends are all leaving there *insert favourite MMO* for GW2 lol

Glad your enjoying the game though, hopfully I can join you ingame soon mate.

Hahahaha bugs yes there will be bugs.....its programming lulz !!

Best game ever so polished and wonderful....great community spirit, Aussies will keep it that way !

The world may not see me for sometime or this forum for that, see you in Tyria.

BTW...................... Harro2 will not be seen for sometime because he lives there, hahaha

*end transmission*

WTF...I thought you knew I can't play. My internet is still fucked and thats after having 2 Telstra techs already cheak the lines to my house saying that it's good. I've lodged a fault with iinet and its will be 2 weeks come next tuesday and still it is not fixed. Fucking pissed off to be honest. Ive requested a cabler to inspect the wiring in my house and still hav'nt heard anything from them. Ive called iinet about 10 times and spent over 6 hours on the phone trying to get things done.

Im lucky to get over 10KB/sec and under 2 minutes the speed drops to under 0.01KB/sec before it fails. It's friggen painfull just to browse Atomic website, usually it fails before the page loads and I might have to refresh the page serveral times. *end rant*

I managed to log into GW2 once, lasted about 30 mins with many lag drop outs. Was unplayable though. Some one sent me an invite ingame, can't recall who it was now, maybe some one from Atomic forums :)

I'd becarefull about calling GW2 the best game ever, while I agree with you, you should preface that as your opinion because not every one will share our point of view.

What makes Aussies such a speacial flower over any other nationality for maintaining a great community spirit? I've seen a couple of Aussie tards bashing GW2 on youtube, back when I actually had a good internet connection. I can understand critical negative opion of a game but most if not all of the points are ill-informed or out right lies. It makes me cringe watching and listening to the dribble and venom that comes out of thier hatfull mouths. But its the internet, to be expected I suppose. I really dont understand the hatered Guild Wars 2 can generate. I suspect their friends are all leaving there *insert favourite MMO* for GW2 lol

Glad your enjoying the game though, hopfully I can join you ingame soon mate.

Well thats the world we live in bro.....there is no fun in being a turd or involved in turds (*turds*, being bad avidity), but there is praise in someone who stands in peace.

I would naturally think people on a forum would take me writing (best game ever) not major serious because its on a forum and people usually express opinions there, Im not a game review columnist old chap !!

The reason why Aussies are good? We know how to have fun and can take a joke mate..... :)

Did you ask the techs what I said ????

btw no neosin, I pre-purchased with a digital copy.....peace

Edited by matay0

thanks mate,

if you pre purchase with digital copy then you don't need to enter a retail serial.

but all physical pre orders do?

so anyone have a physical pre order here?

So I played about 2 hours of solely PvE last night - the starter zone (for humans?) Queensdale. It was fun. The 'quests' were hearts and events and simply popped up when either you or they were ready to go and you were in the area. I admit I like it better than having to find the exclamation marks over peoples heads. The hearts/events were pretty fun too, particularly when there were alot of people getting involved.

Definitely worth buying. It addresses a lot of the genres common problems. It isn't perfect, but it is a very positive step in the right direction.

G

Harro: Shoot me a PM.. I'll give you hand in diagnosis of whether it's a local issue or not. (I'm a licensed cabler). If I lived in the same city as you, I'd have been over this weekend.

Definitely a game I'm keeping my eye on. It looks interesting. I've got a friend that's in it (Long ago, he posted under the name of Speedie on Atomic). I'll probably drop around for a few beers or something and check it out.

If it looks good, I might even give it a go. I'd cancel my LOTRO sub and just get a copy of GW2.. Amusingly, I have nearly enough TP saved up that I should be able to buy all content in LOTRO. So it wouldn't be a loss at all. :P

AD

Hmm, worth is a bit subjective, but I'm happy thus far. I mean there are no monthly subs, and that's fracking huge for me. Even if the game was only mediocre that would be a decent selling point, but thus far GW2 has been great, so having no subs means it is truly excellent.

That said, as someone else pointed out it isnt perfect. However, I suppose no one would really expect it to be anyway. I've been playing alot more PvE than I intended just because it's so damned fun. The only PvP I've done thus far is WvW and that is alot of fun too. However, sometimes trying to get xp from WvW can be frustratingly difficult. PvE gives more consistent xp. I also need to learn to play my class, Guardian, alot better; both in PvE and PvP. I occasionally get owned badly in PvE. It's quite embarrassing. I'm generally able to do okay in PvP, staying back healing, shielding, rezzing, but I think I can improve because sometimes I feel like I'm having no effect, especially when my xp bar doesnt move for 30 minutes :/ That said, you get xp for captures, defence, etc it seems and if the 'team' isnt playing for those goals then I guess xp is going to be hard to get.

WARNING: Game is currently unavailable for purchase. Arenanet said earlier that if they got too many players buying game accounts they would have to close sales to preserve server integrity. And this has come to pass! So digital sales are on hold; physical copies can still be bought until they are sold out too. I expect they'll add a bunch more servers and then open up sales once again. For now though you may not be able to purchase it.

i love this game made me dump wow after 6 years and yes its free to play i purchased digital copy as well,im enjoying it,lost some sleep which is unusual for me,hasnt happened to me since the the "the revenant"..

Edited by shirl

Damn this game is so damn impressive. The weekend that damn giant spawned in the second area from Charrs starting area. Seeing around 100 people fighting this thing and mass murder everywhere, and eventually becoming victorious was sooooo good. Took a good 15-20mins to kill

I tried to 4 man a 5 man instance at level 30 (Ascolonian Dungeon thingy) with level 33-35 characters.

The problem is we didnt know how to kite peeps, use KB and see what attacks work and not work on bosses. So we spent about 20 silver working out how to do the instance.

It was quite a pain train but we learnt a few things (eg. I was too undergeared as a healer, and when I did it with level 30 green gear well I could actually tank and heal myself :\, but I levelled 3 times since).

The biggest gripe right now is the fact that my game is crashing. As for the issue with crafting I had to slow down my levelling in order to keep it in check. Now I'm not struggling as much with resources, but I still need to farm a considerable amount in order to get the items I need to move on.

Currently level 38 at the moment, just cruising, if I wanted to rush this I woulda been 80 by my estimates through exploration. But I want to take my sweet time on this.

I'm actually going through my old games chest at the moment. Going to take a pile into EB and trade them in. I think I'll have enough with their scratch and good luck cards to get GW2 for a reasonable price.

AD

Bought this on the weekend after finding myself uninterested in the rest of the games I have. I've played a couple of hours and really like the events that keep popping up, and man sometime's I get on a roll and it's just event to event, lol. I like how quests mostly just pop up depending on the area you are in rather than trying to talk to all the NPCs. I don't know if this game will be a long term thing for me at this stage but it could last a while :)

Quick question:

You mention that quests pop up in the area. What happens if you leave the area?

Can you come back to the quest?

Does it flood your journal like when you play skyrim and do something foolish like walk past someone and somehow get another 20 bloody quests in your log?

What about quests which your PARTIALLY do, but you then logout/leave and someone else completes? Credit? Only for the part you did?

AD

1. Yes, they seem to pop back up if you leave then come back (experienced this last night - INVENTORY OVERLOAD!!!! lol)

2. There is an active quest pane at the top right of screen where quests are tracked, thats where they appear and dissapear when you are moving through areas, not sure if there is a quest log (probably is) but the tracker pane seems very intuitive and i've had a max of 3 being tracked at once i think (i'm only level 4 or 5 at this stage though and there is a lot for me to learn from the looks of it)

3. This I have not tried. You seem to get experience/rewards in line with your contribution when dealing with events, but not sure if you would receive the rewards if you disconnected or logged out part way through. So far quests seem to resume where you left off when you logged off though.

The Hell?

I went to https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/ to buy the game and:

"Serial codes for Guild Wars 2 are temporarily unavailable from buy.guildwars2.com."

Either register your email to notified when they're available or try a retailer...

How can they be out of S/Ns?

Crazy talk.

[edit]

WARNING: Game is currently unavailable for purchase. Arenanet said earlier that if they got too many players buying game accounts they would have to close sales to preserve server integrity. And this has come to pass! So digital sales are on hold; physical copies can still be bought until they are sold out too. I expect they'll add a bunch more servers and then open up sales once again. For now though you may not be able to purchase it.

So where's best (cheapest) to buy the game other than the official site?

Or is it only B&M retailers who all sell it for $69?

Looks like it'll have to be a detour to JB ont he way to work tomorrow morning.

Edited by .....

The Hell?

I went to https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/ to buy the game and:

"Serial codes for Guild Wars 2 are temporarily unavailable from buy.guildwars2.com."

Either register your email to notified when they're available or try a retailer...

How can they be out of S/Ns?

Crazy talk.

[edit]

So where's best (cheapest) to buy the game other than the official site?

Or is it only B&M retailers who all sell it for $69?

Looks like it'll have to be a detour to JB ont he way to work tomorrow morning.

Yeah I just went jb. I think the digital sales were suspended a couple of days after release :) it looks I've it's worth 70 so far, but it is early days.

I've no idea where you can get a physical copy from sorry. It launched on Tuesday and by Friday (or Sat) digital sales were suspended due to so many people buying the game and them not having the server capacity. I suspect the physical copies that are still out in the wild wont be for long! I cant imagine they'll keep digital sales suspended for too long though. Once they've got the architecture up and running they'll probably open sales back up again.