Harro2

Guild Wars 2

Found something interesting.

I ran CM multiple times for 4 hours straight on 1 night. This resulting me from being level 58 to level 75..... I gotten about 4 gold for doing this trick.....

I lol'd, it'd take me prolly 2 hours more doing that multiple of times to get to 80. But the grind is annoying. And I'm sorta undergeared (sorta)

A mate suggested we start playing this.

Any last minute thoughts before I commit to a digital download later tonight?

I played Everquest 1and 2 for a couple months and loved them....but hated the subscription fees. I used to just play by myself most of the time as I didn't know anyone else playing and often I wouldn't have hours to commit to it so would just jump on for a bit here and there.

Didn't play WoW apart from a trial. I didn't like it's simplicity too much but mostly that again, there were costs involved.

So Guild Wars 2 looks like the goods in terms of cost. Graphically, it looks impressive too which I appreciate. What's the deal with PvP, PvE? Are you forced into one or the other? Do I need to be on the same server as you guys if I wanna join in? Sell me on it!

A mate suggested we start playing this.

Any last minute thoughts before I commit to a digital download later tonight?

I played Everquest 1and 2 for a couple months and loved them....but hated the subscription fees. I used to just play by myself most of the time as I didn't know anyone else playing and often I wouldn't have hours to commit to it so would just jump on for a bit here and there.

Didn't play WoW apart from a trial. I didn't like it's simplicity too much but mostly that again, there were costs involved.

So Guild Wars 2 looks like the goods in terms of cost. Graphically, it looks impressive too which I appreciate. What's the deal with PvP, PvE? Are you forced into one or the other? Do I need to be on the same server as you guys if I wanna join in? Sell me on it!

You're not forced into PvP or PvE (beyond the first tutorial mission which only takes a few minutes and gets you to a whopping lvl2). You can level a character to 80 without ever entering the Mists (the PvP area), or only using it as a cheaper form of transport. There are two (well, technically three) kinds of PvP:

- Structured PvP (sPvP) is a team based game, and is typically more organised than WvWvW. You can play any time after you finish the first mission, so pretty much from lvl2 onwards. You are scaled up to lvl80, with grand master traits available and all skills unlocked, and you are given top-tier gear that only works in sPvP.

- Tournament PvP (tPvP) is essentially sPvP, but you have to pay to enter (I'm not sure if its gold, the ingame currency, or gems, which you can buy with either gold or cash). This is intended for the more hardcore PvP crowd.

- World v World v World (WvWvW) is a giant war to sPvP's team arena. Three servers are pitted against each other, with points awarded for taking and holding strategically important points. You will often see hundreds of people playing at peak times. Again you are leveled to 80, but you only get the traits and skills that you have unlocked normally, and your gear is upscaled by a set percentage (so higher level characters have an advantage, but don't one-hit lowbies). Note that unlike sPvP, you gain exp for kills or objectives in WvWvW, so you can level up entirely in PvP.

Note that there is no PvP outside of the Mists, so you can level in PvE without fear of being ganked. In general, the games mechanics actually reward you for helping other players (but oddly punish you for healing or rezzing in events - as you can only loot enemies you've damaged).

Edited by DaCraw

Just buy it justo. I wasted another 2 hrs tonight just doing jumping puzzles and exploring lions arch, you won't regret it being b2p.

Enjoy

Looks like the SM CM exploit is fixed haha.

But there is another way to level up through crafting it seems super fast. Not sure if that was meant for it, I went from 225 to 300 as I saved enough mats to build up my armorsmithing and somehow level from 75 to 80 last night...

Not sure if that was intended or not, but sure seems Arena.Net is doing some random things :\.

Looks like the SM CM exploit is fixed haha.

But there is another way to level up through crafting it seems super fast. Not sure if that was meant for it, I went from 225 to 300 as I saved enough mats to build up my armorsmithing and somehow level from 75 to 80 last night...

Not sure if that was intended or not, but sure seems Arena.Net is doing some random things :\.

This is correct.

High end crafting is serious xp because of the mats required. Especially discoveries.

I gained 2 levels from crafting my weapon smithing with making darksteel ignots and dowels.

How is your connection coming along Harro?

I feel for you, you were the keenest atomican on these boards for this game and your stuck waiting.

I lost 6hrs of my life in this game Saturday and didn't even notice the time going by. I have not had a game do that to me in nearly a decade, there is so much to do and things to sink time into. I don't know what to do first when I long in every couple of days. Haven't even touch the arena pvp or dungeons yet, many more hours of my life to whittle away for months to come.

Finally got back online...took ages to get fixed and all it was was a setting that needed to be changed on the modem ..To top it all off my GW2 account got hacked and couldnt play for 3 days till Arena net support got my account back. Lost my 1gold and some materials.

Any way I've been playing a fair bit, got my warrior to level 47 so far and working on map completion as I go. I entered WvW for the first time since release and got into some battles but I was getting my ass kicked. Need to level up some more, get some tier 3 gear and lean how to play better to be effective for my server.

Edited by Harro2

Finally got back online...took ages to get fixed and all it was was a setting that needed to be changed on the modem ..To top it all off my GW2 account got hacked and couldnt play for 3 days till Arena net support got my account back. Lost my 1gold and some materials.

You got hacked? Wow, ive tried to play this on my laptop and every time i do i have to go into my email and click the link and confirm that machine. To hack your gw2 account, they would need full access to your email. So might be worth getting your machine properly checked.

You got hacked? Wow, ive tried to play this on my laptop and every time i do i have to go into my email and click the link and confirm that machine. To hack your gw2 account, they would need full access to your email. So might be worth getting your machine properly checked.

I have a fresh install of win 7 so dont think its the problem. It's sort of my fault that culminated in alot of things going on. Firstly my Email and GW2 account and PW where the same.. I was going to change it but had internet issues, fixed now and changed both passwords. I took my PC to my mates house and played GW2 for 3 days strait and didnt confirm the IP confirmation Email. Ive done this now since my internet is back up, so all good now.

Any ways, still loving the game. I saw the shatterer dragon for the first time in game in the level 40-50 area last night, seeing it fly over head brew my mind and can't wait to see more of this game now. My warrior Harro Barathian is level 50 as of last night.

Because I couln't play for 4 weeks after release my guild name was taken, mega spewing about this. Wanted The Nights Watch or The Knights Watch :(

Can anyone give me the cliff notes on how to add friends? Is there ingame voip or is it better just to use vent?

Contacts icon is the second from the left at the top fo the UI and looks like 3 people grouped together or press Y. Type in their characters name or their user ID,should look like "Name.xxxx"

If you see them ingame you can click on them and invite to party, once they accept the invite you can click their portrait for various options, including add to contacts or if you find your on a different overflow you can click "join in" to be on the same server.

There is no VOIP ingame so if you have vent use that.

As a level 80,

The problem I have now is that i need to gear up properly for dungeon and have it separate for pvp meaning I'll need to carry at least 2 to 3 pairs of gear and weapons in my bag when I do stuff. THAT alone is annoying..... I am wearing my farming gear at the moment, but I'll need to start making me some tank set and a support set, I found out that healing set is useless and not really helpful whatsoever, because of how little bonus heals you get.

So meh, tanking for me.

:(.

Can anyone give me the cliff notes on how to add friends? Is there ingame voip or is it better just to use vent?

Contacts icon is the second from the left at the top fo the UI and looks like 3 people grouped together or press Y. Type in their characters name or their user ID,should look like "Name.xxxx"

If you see them ingame you can click on them and invite to party, once they accept the invite you can click their portrait for various options, including add to contacts or if you find your on a different overflow you can click "join in" to be on the same server.

There is no VOIP ingame so if you have vent use that.

Thanks! I've only managed to find 1 mate so far. We're getting there.... The username is annoying.... I can't remember mine so have to keep referring to a previous email to get it.

I played some WvW last night, I feel that the repair merchant should have a "here's all my money, just burn it and piss on the ashes. I didn't really want to have fun anyway."

option, repair bills are looking to be worse there than in dungeons from my limited experience so far which is a shame as when not getting

almost instantly slaughtered whenever I site enemies (as was the case the previous time I waded in) it is great fun.

As a level 80,

The problem I have now is that i need to gear up properly for dungeon and have it separate for pvp meaning I'll need to carry at least 2 to 3 pairs of gear and weapons in my bag when I do stuff. THAT alone is annoying..... I am wearing my farming gear at the moment, but I'll need to start making me some tank set and a support set, I found out that healing set is useless and not really helpful whatsoever, because of how little bonus heals you get.

So meh, tanking for me.

Put your pvp gear in the PVP lockers in the pvp area

I'm still a little confused how to manage your contacts.

I have one guy who is in the first contacts tab. Then I have 2 guys in my followers tab. I can't seem to put them all in one place?

I have one guy who is in the first contacts tab. Then I have 2 guys in my followers tab. I can't seem to put them all in one place?

You can see your own user name ID ingame. Not sure how its confusing, just add your friends in contacts and click the + sign. When you have people added in your contacts list it will tell you the character they are playing , there User ID, there current level, where in tyria they are and what server. All the info is there. hope that helps.

You can see your own user name ID ingame. Not sure how its confusing, just add your friends in contacts and click the + sign. When you have people added in your contacts list it will tell you the character they are playing , there User ID, there current level, where in tyria they are and what server. All the info is there. hope that helps.

Must be the username thing. I only have the character names of the 2 that are in my followers list. I dunno how I'm failing at it but I am :P

On a positive note. Loving the game!

I really appreciate the way it allows you to go solo, but take part in group events without forcing you to find groups if you're not that way inclined.

Also found out how to get to the pvp area and use that to get to other starter cities which was handy in case any of my friends created characters there. It also gave me a taste of what a high level version of my character would feel like so I have a better idea of what things I should unlock later.

I'd like to try an mmo mouse. I find I'm either looking at my keyboard or the onscreen buttons rather than paying attention to the action going on onscreen.

Currently playing a Norn Engineer called "Where's My Rpg" ;)

As a level 80,

So meh, tanking for me.

Put your pvp gear in the PVP lockers in the pvp area

There is a PvP Locker, really? Is there a PvE Locker or are they shared? Then I'd be happy then. Sorta.

PvP DPS Guardian is actually more of a controller than a DPS type, but I can dish out 10k damage sometimes which is impressive but I end up being too squishy to survive sometimes.

I feel that +healing is useless and the best stats are +power +vitality and +toughness.. for me.

Must be the username thing. I only have the character names of the 2 that are in my followers list. I dunno how I'm failing at it but I am :P

On a positive note. Loving the game!

I really appreciate the way it allows you to go solo, but take part in group events without forcing you to find groups if you're not that way inclined.

Also found out how to get to the pvp area and use that to get to other starter cities which was handy in case any of my friends created characters there. It also gave me a taste of what a high level version of my character would feel like so I have a better idea of what things I should unlock later.

I'd like to try an mmo mouse. I find I'm either looking at my keyboard or the onscreen buttons rather than paying attention to the action going on onscreen.

Currently playing a Norn Engineer called "Where's My Rpg" ;)

I have the Razer Naga Epic, which was awesome for WoW and SWTOR and also works very well with Guild Wars 2. I love having the option to go wired or wirless and change the colour of the lights to whatever I want.

I have a level 10 Elementalist and I'm not sure what professions I should be learning? I have no idea about the gathering/crafting etc in this game. Or even where to learn them. Any ideas?

This razer naga is gonna take some getting used to....

Me and 3 or 4 mates have been cranking this game every night nd making decent progress. We're all lvl 30-40 now. I'm lagging behind in crafting though, made too many low lvl things so most of my recipes are grey now :(

We've done a couple dungeons which seem insanely hard compared to the regular quests you get . It's been fun though. Not sure how we would have figured out how to do them if it weren't for random ppl giving us hints as to what to do next.

My engineer seems to attract far too much agro. We have a warrior, guardian and thief in our group yet enemies love chasing me down most of the time.

I've created a Ranger alt that I'm trying to lvl up, but it feels like such a grind, so I'm using him to get bulk xp from main quests, harvesting and exploring rather than just randomly finding things to kill.