Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Twinkie

Final Fantasy VII on PC

I'm hoping this sells through the Roof and Squenix realise that a FF7 remake would make them a fuckload of moolah :P

Wouldn't you rather they make something new, than rehash the same thing again and again?

Thats one of the things I always liked most about final fantasy, every game was a new adventure.

Nope. I want a remake of FF7. I havent liked many of the other FF games since then and they're continually getting worse.

In some ways Square Enix wants to broaden it's audience with gameplay innovations similar to Activision's approach in their clandestine COD formula. Square Enix was very open about it during Final Fantasy XIII's development and it turned out to be the most poorly received Final Fantasy in history.

A Final Fantasy VII remake would be welcomed by me but on the other hand I really wouldn't mind seeing Final Fantasy Versus XIII released.

Goddamn Square needs to prioritize. They release dozens of games with an half assed effort. (Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant) It's a bloody shame.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I'll probably buy it, even though I already own it on PlayStation and on PSN. I'm a sucker for buying games I enjoyed when I was a kid <_<

I fully expect i will be almost nothing more than the PC version they released years ago, patched to work on current OSes, with cheevos and cloud saves.

Squeenix probably have a proper remake sitting doing nothing, waiting for that moment they're about to go bankrupt, then they release it and their fortunes are saved!

Squeenix probably have a proper remake sitting doing nothing, waiting for that moment they're about to go bankrupt, then they release it and their fortunes are saved!

Lol yeah history repeating itself would be nice. But Square these days are doing themselves quite well.

They buying Eidos gave them quite a lot of financial leeway.

But at times you give yourself a little stir when Square announces stuff like this.

Posted Image

I know Square should try expand their horizons out of RPGs and Final Fantasy and Dragon Age and etc but seriously?

Although I do like rhythm games and the Final Fantasy OSTs so I would play this.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I never played the original 7 because I never had a playstation when it was new. Then I got it from a friend... but it was missing the first disc :(

Then I downloaded the PC version... but the fucker would never install or run.

So I'd buy the remake.

and Dragon Age and etc but seriously?

Thats Bioware chief.

j3w thinkin' of dragon quest bro?

Yeah I was silly me. How could I get those goku looking characters in dragon quest mixed up with dragon age. -_-"

If you guys like dragon quest.. check out blue dragon. I finished it on 360 a few years back was quite fun. It's not by square though, its by Mistwalker. Hironobu Sakaguchi, Akiriya Toriyama, Nobuo Uematsu - 3 big names on this game. Sakaguchi was the creator of Final Fantasy and ex-VP of square for those who didn't know, and Uematsu has done music for many of Squares games and I'm sure most of you know who Toriyama is :)

Edited by p0is0n

If you guys like dragon quest.. check out blue dragon. I finished it on 360 a few years back was quite fun. It's not by square though, its by Mistwalker. Hironobu Sakaguchi, Akiriya Toriyama, Nobuo Uematsu - 3 big names on this game. Sakaguchi was the creator of Final Fantasy and ex-VP of square for those who didn't know, and Uematsu has done music for many of Squares games and I'm sure most of you know who Toriyama is :)

That does sound pretty good. If it had so many quintessential gaming architects working for Square and FInal Fantasy, makes me wonder why this Blue Dragon can't just get owned by Square Enix in the first place.

I'd also recommend Lost Odyssey on 360. I didn't finish it, but what I did play was damn captivating. There's lot of optional short stories that come up in gameplay when the main character recalls memories, and I found each story so damn interesting that I read them all.

I'd also recommend Lost Odyssey on 360. I didn't finish it, but what I did play was damn captivating. There's lot of optional short stories that come up in gameplay when the main character recalls memories, and I found each story so damn interesting that I read them all.

Thats another mistwalker game :) I also have it, 4 discs long on 360, but I never finished it either, had so many games to play at the time.

It was good but I didn't personally enjoy it as much as Blue Dragon, although, the story was significantly better than Blue Dragon, but the game play wasn't quite there.

Pretty much agree, the story was so very good, but the gameplay was just so so so traditional JRPG. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it felt a tad dated I guess.

The fact that it was produced by the creator of Final Fantasy gotta show for something.

Not to mention composed by the prominent music maker of the series too.

:)

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Would kill for a remake of 8

So much nostalgia tied up in that game, and as someone said on the previous page Triple Triad is easily the best minigame they ever made.

Will get the 7 remake, even if I have recently done 7 and 8 on the transformer prime

It's out!

If you watch Advent Children Complete or played Crisis Core before this, you'll feel so pumped to play it.

Then you hear One Winged Angel and stab yourself in the ears over how badly it's been butchered.

It's out!

If you watch Advent Children Complete or played Crisis Core before this, you'll feel so pumped to play it.

Then you hear One Winged Angel and stab yourself in the ears over how badly it's been butchered.

Can't you and me ever just get along?

Can't you and me ever just get along?

Where's the fun in that? We could discuss how awesome Final Fantasy Tactics or Ogre Tactics:Let Us Cling Together are. ;)

I am honestly really disappointed with the music in this considering how much better the original PC versions music was over the PS1. A lot of tracks are weirdly muted in places and others like One Winged Angel are just so bad you wonder how they went live.

The in-battle models look amazing, and the FMVs looks like they've been restored somewhat as well.

Unfortunately, the music sounds kinda meh (I guess they use the Microsoft GS Wavetable? Maybe I can make it use BASSMIDI with a nice soundfont instead...) and the backdrops are still pretty pixelated. They still look OK, it's not too distracting.

For me it's enough that they fixed all the bugs so it works on Windows 7 nicely now. Kind of a bummer you need an Internet connection to fire it up, but the Cloud saving (heh heh) is a nice touch...

I am honestly really disappointed with the music in this considering how much better the original PC versions music was over the PS1. A lot of tracks are weirdly muted in places and others like One Winged Angel are just so bad you wonder how they went live.

I noticed that there are OGG versions of some of the tracks in the game folder, but it doesn't seem like the game is using them. They actually sound pretty good, but still not as good as the PSX version.

The old PC version (IMO) only sounded good if you had the Yamaha soft-synth, or a real Yamaha synth. I have a Yamaha DB60XG in my Pentium MMX PC, and FF7 sounds amazing on it.

It sucks that the pre-rendered backgrounds are still such low resolution, but the text and characters are nice and smooth atleast.

There's a music mod here

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22128993/FF7+Fixed+Music.rar

I haven't bought the game yet so haven't tried it. Hoping to get a chance this weekend.

Link broken. :(

I don't know that it would work anyway, it's a new set of EXE files.

Edit: New link: http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/1...oundtrack_Patch

Edited by SquallStrife

I dont know if i could play it again, it was a pretty big game from memory. I wonder how much they change in this tho, if it had HD graphics i could be tempted

It sucks that the pre-rendered backgrounds are still such low resolution, but the text and characters are nice and smooth atleast.

Sucks, but I doubt much can be done about it That's probably the only resolution they were ever rendered at, and back then (hell even now) game devs weren't all that stringent with saving source code and iterations of assets and stuff.

Thinking about it, I don't know if I'll bother with the PC version. Already have a PS disc copy, and a digital copy on PSN. I'm much more likely to play it on PSP/Vita than I am on a PC.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I bought it, but I really would prefer to play it on my Vita when it gets PSOne compatibility.

Although having said that, it couldn't be too hard for them to port this new version to different platforms, iphone, android, ps3, 360, vita etc. could all handle it very easily.