jdog

GTX 460 Fun..:D

A GTX 680 has GPU boost or something, doesn't it? A little auto-overclocking ability. Besides who needs to overclock *THAT*?? i rather have one and not worry about overclocking at all.

I blame my interest in LN2 overclocking..if its shit on LN2 then im not getting it..all my gear in my main rig is known to be good at overclocking under LN2. (the models that is not my personal gear)

untill nvidia removes the volt limit on the 680's..im not interested..and as said before they cost way to much..

Hey modz, thanks for the info.

Ill try lowering the mem speeds and just clock it up high.

also i assume the ini file is in my documents folder. right? ill add my 460 to it then.

I know the 680 isnt supported in max/CS5. its just they cost way too much ($700) and also dont overclock that well (you cant change the volts on them) so thats why ive got a 580 on the way. a 7970 is the next best thing but ive stuck with nvidia just because it works well for me..and why change something that works? plus ive wanted a 580 for a while..:D

this works for 99% of nvidia cards still today.

http://vimeo.com/13440307

*also, I'd seriously be considering the 660 TI or 670 for your money. It will have better cuda and open gl performance for editing over the 580 series.

Edited by Modz

680's are fine on LN2 and even on water there is a LN2 bios you can flash to increase voltage/clocks by default. some guys at OCAU are breaking 13k in 3d11 with 680s on water.

on LN2 I think 7970s are still the best card, if you look at extreme overclocking results, depends what you're buying it for really. as under normal circumstances the 680 is a bit better than the 7970, but doesn't clock as well.

I just saw the OP and not sure what is going on with your scores, but something seems very wrong :/ would have thought you could do better than 1700 3d11 with a 460? Modz has 2 and gets a little over 8000. I would check a GPU usage graph to make sure its not throttling down mid test.

Edited by p0is0n

that low does honestly sound like something is causing a performance bottle neck where it shouldn't. only thing i can suggest is find ya self a mate who can test the card in his PC, see if it still performs as low. If so then its the card having issues. as poison said as well run msi after burner and keep an eye on the clocks etc, if they drop back to 2d when it shouldn't try forcing an over clock by .5 or something small to make sure it uses the 3d clock. another thing is make sure the cards between 60-75 degrees under load (stock cooler) any higher and the card will start to throttle down, especially closer to the 90 degree mark. normally you want between 55-65. with the stock coolers and even less with better.

that low does honestly sound like something is causing a performance bottle neck where it shouldn't. only thing i can suggest is find ya self a mate who can test the card in his PC, see if it still performs as low. If so then its the card having issues. as poison said as well run msi after burner and keep an eye on the clocks etc, if they drop back to 2d when it shouldn't try forcing an over clock by .5 or something small to make sure it uses the 3d clock. another thing is make sure the cards between 60-75 degrees under load (stock cooler) any higher and the card will start to throttle down, especially closer to the 90 degree mark. normally you want between 55-65. with the stock coolers and even less with better.

ill run AB and a few benchmarks (not heaven,i dont want to kill it) see what happens. I have the card at stock now and its fine in games etc. Edited by jdog

ill run AB and a few benchmarks (not heaven,i dont want to kill it) see what happens. I have the card at stock now and its fine in games etc.

so its just 3dmark11 your having issues with? and heaven isn't a bad as it sounds. run it using 720p windows mode using default settings (normal) and you shouldn't have a problem. if u like i can run it here as well to compare see if urs is working ok.

ill run AB and a few benchmarks (not heaven,i dont want to kill it) see what happens. I have the card at stock now and its fine in games etc.

so its just 3dmark11 your having issues with? and heaven isn't a bad as it sounds. run it using 720p windows mode using default settings (normal) and you shouldn't have a problem. if u like i can run it here as well to compare see if urs is working ok.

No all 3d marks, provided my install is just my standard windows install not setup for benching (thats what my in-progress other rig is for)

ill run heaven at stock in 1080P/720P and see what happens.