Sign in to follow this  
TheSingularity

Do You Guys Ever Visit The Other States?

Hi guys,

I've been wishing you guys would come to South Australia but I'm not sure you ever will...It would be great if you could sometime. I also think some of the other guys who are active on the forums and live here would think it is great. As well as maybe visiting the other states. So is it even a possibility?

Always disappointed by the fact there are all these great things for Atomicans occurring in Melbourne, I neither have the money to get there or the ability to enter most of them anyway as alcohol is quite often a part of the event.

Anyway just my thoughts, I'm sure there are lots of young AtomicMPC readers and many who are in other states that would love to meet you guys.

I'm a South Aussie. I went to Meets X an XI in Sydney, and I'm going to XII in Melbourne later this month.

Never had a reason to go, HC? Meeting other Atomicans not good enough for you? :P

Hi guys,

I've been wishing you guys would come to South Australia but I'm not sure you ever will...It would be great if you could sometime. I also think some of the other guys who are active on the forums and live here would think it is great. As well as maybe visiting the other states. So is it even a possibility?

Always disappointed by the fact there are all these great things for Atomicans occurring in Melbourne, I neither have the money to get there or the ability to enter most of them anyway as alcohol is quite often a part of the event.

Anyway just my thoughts, I'm sure there are lots of young AtomicMPC readers and many who are in other states that would love to meet you guys.

Yeah I never had the money for years and then when I did I had other commitments and didn't frequent the forums hence the reason why I am going to this meet come hell or high water.

Edit: Oh and I am a Taswegian for those that don't know.

Edited by ReapermanRS

I'm a South Aussie. I went to Meets X an XI in Sydney, and I'm going to XII in Melbourne later this month.

Never had a reason to go, HC? Meeting other Atomicans not good enough for you? :P

All 3 of you? :P

There are at least a dozen.

'Course, getting more than half that in the same room at any time may lead to annihilation of the known universe. ;P

There are at least a dozen.

'Course, getting more than half that in the same room at any time may lead to annihilation of the known universe. ;P

I am from South Australia too. Would love to see a Atomic Boot Camp in Adelaide . WE have plenty of Empty Churches here or the Rundle Mall needs some action in it.

We would love to get to other states, but there's a couple of issues involved.

First up, cost. Events outside Sydney cost more; not only in airfares for us, but for the partners who sponsor our events.

Secondly, the scale. Our events work because we can usually promise a good return on sponsor investment, and, again, the further we get from the Eastern Seaboard the tougher that gets, too.

It's annoying, because it would be great to bring some of our stuff to you guys!

I would probably attend but where to stay and where these places are located just puts me off ,as i have no idea. Kinda sucks when everything is on the Eastern Seaboard.

First up, cost. Events outside Sydney cost more; not only in airfares for us, but for the partners who sponsor our events.

car pool/road trip!

We like drinking way too much for anyone to ever want to drive to an event!

Mainly having to report daily to Blacktown police.

It's annoying, because it would be great to bring some of our stuff to you guys!

Fixed for you!

Next time you have a Bootcamp or anything in regards to Atomic get together how about name some places for interstate travellers to stay? And maybe a clue on how to get there from the CBD or wherever.

Next time you have a Bootcamp or anything in regards to Atomic get together how about name some places for interstate travellers to stay? And maybe a clue on how to get there from the CBD or wherever.

Dude, it's really not that hard to find a place to stay. Once the venue is chosen, it's even easier. Just decide how many stars you are prepared to pay for (or put up with), and plug that into some sort of accommodation finder.

If you are happy to put up with it, most cities have at least one backpacker hotel. There are sometimes people offering floorspace or a couch, too.

and i was wondering what states there were left to visit. you do sold, and LN2 and most systems are air cooled.

Plasma is a bit hot and then there is that freaky electron solid thing.

seems i was mistaken about the state of play.

Dude, it's really not that hard to find a place to stay. Once the venue is chosen, it's even easier. Just decide how many stars you are prepared to pay for (or put up with), and plug that into some sort of accommodation finder.

If you are happy to put up with it, most cities have at least one backpacker hotel. There are sometimes people offering floorspace or a couch, too.

I get lost in Cities i do not know too well . I do not mind staying in Hotels i can afford them. Secondly i do not drive so i need transport close by.

Secondly, the scale. Our events work because we can usually promise a good return on sponsor investment, and, again, the further we get from the Eastern Seaboard the tougher that gets, too.

Oh okay...=(

Although you replied Hawkeye. Where have you been? Haven't seen a post from you in the forums for a while.

Dam Bass Strait!!!

FTFY

Fixed for you!

and i was wondering what states there were left to visit. you do sold, and LN2 and most systems are air cooled.

Ahem, you pair of intellectuals are now under constant supervision from the thought police.

First and final warning, if anyone is going to be smart around here, it won't be codecreeper.

Dam Bass Strait!!!

FTFY

Fixed for you!

Ahem, you pair of intellectuals are now under constant supervision from the thought police.

First and final warning, if anyone is going to be smart around here, it won't be codecreeper.

Suppose they could always hire a Small Ship and just dock at the nearest Harbour. Might be problem though if anyone lived in Alice Springs.

I get lost in Cities i do not know too well . I do not mind staying in Hotels i can afford them. Secondly i do not drive so i need transport close by.

Taking a wild stab in the dark and assuming that Bootcamp in Melbourne, like all previous ones, was at Monash in Caufield. It is literally across the road from the Caufield train station. You're able to stay in a hotel anywhere nearby a train station, in the city or otherwise, and easily just train it to the event. Assuming the bus and tram system is too complicated. And by system, I mean network layout, because they all use a unified ticketing system. Edited by Nich...

No, it's at the other Campus, so not so close to the trains, sadly. But there's a major bus interchange on campus!

Clayton is surrounded by major roads, so lots of bus action - and, there's a fair bit of on-campus parking if you happen to hire a car. And if you hire a car, it's safely away from hook-turn-ville!