gabber

Breaking Bad S5

I like the comic relief provided by Jesse's druggie mates.

Me too :}

So my big call for the final ep/s regarding Walt and his bigarse gun, is:

Jesse finds out about the bad things Walt has done to him - at a minimum poisoning the kid. Jesse will find himself in Walt's backyard and spot the plant. He may somehow also find out that Walt let his druggiechick die, though I can't see how unless Walt admits it.

Anyhow.

Big nasty face off. Jesse will pull a gun on Walt. Probably right when Hank has it all figured out and has been following them both. Hank will have them both in his sights, Jesse pulls a gun on Walt, Hank blows Jesse away.

Then Hank and Walt have a face-off. Walt somehow gets away. Goes to get big gun. Meanwhile Hank rallies his coppers and there's a mighty confrontation. Hank is conflicted, but knows what he must do.

Mike is also there, having fallen out with Walt, and there's a three-way standoff.

They all die in a hail of gunfire.

Walt Jr is there, he runs out to protect his Dad and gets shot.

geez Ben. your last line. bleak much?!

Liked the 3rd episode.

Great work on Skylar losing her shit completely.

removed from the context of the scene, that was pretty hilarious! goddamnit that woman is annoying. shut up, indeed :)

ive enjoyed all the episodes thus far, but nothing has yet appeased my general unease with regard to this season. everything feels like an afterthought, an adjunct, and i am waiting for a solid sense of comfort that it will come together without feeling too contrived.

Edited by @~thehung

^ lols ^ Tis quite the Mexican standoff you got going on there Flouncy. Only problem with it is that Walt got rid of the plant from his backyard in the first episode. So Jesse will have to find out about the poisoning another way :) .

On a side note, Skinny Pete is one hell of a pianist!

Edited by gabber

haha yeah, was awesome to hear him strut his stuff! Makes me wonder which music scholarship he flunked out of... maybe he's how Romulus Ledbetter would have turned out if he'd got into drugs.

Episode 4 is my favourite of the new season so far. Some top notch character writing going on.

Lucky for Walt it seems that he may have gotten a break in Hank getting the promotion and dropping the Hisenberg case maybe.

Great work on explaining (through her little monologue to Walt) Skylar's motivation on being such a massive bitch. I can see where she is coming from finally.

And the ending to the episode was fucking fantastic. The close-ups on the watch getting tighter till it was zoomed in right on the second dial. I loved it. It's amazing how much tension they created for the next one by doing just that.

ep4

Skylar. inevitable that she would start to dissociate in this way. its realistic for the character, and necessary for the show. she is the moral counterweight. the more Walt accelerates, the more its incumbent upon her to become a massive bore! :)

this ep could have done with a little action.

Episode 5 was just as you said Goth. oh shit indeed!

So, um, yeah, that pest control guy seems pretty eager to get his hands dirty. Poor Jesse. You just know he'll freak out about this in some self-destructive manner.

I thought maybe that pestboy was a police plant - the ep 5 "previously on'' roll has a bit with cops saying "we have a surveillance operation in place..." and it then cut immediately to a shot of pestboy.

But he shot the kid... so scratch that.

He's one to watch!

Other than that, the anger is building that they split the season. Just 3 eps to go for this year. I'M ANGRY!

i believe the expression is: shit just got real.

damn.

now theres really blood on all their hands. no questionable rationales that will wash.

damn.

Other than that, the anger is building that they split the season. Just 3 eps to go for this year. I'M ANGRY!

!?

GTFO!

!?

GTFO!

Yup.

Arses.

I also suspect they're padding out the original storyline to make it 8 per 'season', from what would originally been planned as a regular season.

So. The episodes are just getting better by the week ramping up to ep8.

The. Most. Awkward. Dinner. Ever. At least Jesse tried. Was great to watch.

I never realised until now just how broken a man Walt is. Although, if I sold my stake in a company for 5k, and now that company is worth over 2 billion, I'd be acting pretty darn irrational as well I'd think.

I also don't think that 'Everybody will win'. Something drastic has to happen for him to piss off cross country for a year as per ep1 intro.

Saul Goodman owns. I hope when all is said and done at the end, he comes off from the mess ok. You'd think so.

dont agree.

Jesse's behaviour at dinner was hammy.

with each episode everyone's behaviour rings less and less true.

i am not silly enough to think the fallout from that kid's death, emotional and otherwise, is over — not by a long shot. but this show in its original form would never have so conveniently cut away from the horror of his lifeless form being stuffed into a barrel of acid. who was tasked with that grisly business, and how did it affect them? all we got was a momentarily perturbed jesse, and then business as usual.

looking at the progression of events thus far, i have to admit the ingredients are all there for a moral degradation so complete that Walt would just whistle on through it all. but i just aint buying it.

the sense of sober reality this show depends upon, is eroding...

Maybe initially we needed the gritty, gruesome details, but with 4 seasons in the belt and in that scene, the dismantling of the bike was enough; because we all knew what they would be dismantling next.

I don't think it was business as usual though, I mean, the business actually kinda collapsed as a result of the kids death; it was only business as usual in so far as, we have to get rid of this bike and this kid.

I actually think Todd did the 'right' thing*; I mean, it's fucked up, sure, but he was decisive and ruthless, which are probably the two traits you really need in that line of work, and things that Walt and Jesse are not most of the time, (the democratic business thing is a joke). Mike was only really pissed off with Todd directly because he didn't tell him he brought a gun on site, not about the kid as far as we could see.

Hammy? Probably, but I don't think it was totally out of character. I think the dinner scene was meant to be a kinda parents and child scenario. Jesse was acting like a kid stuck in the middle of two fighting parents. We also have to remember that Jesse is still young, he acts/speaks like that when he's not in the high pressure situations he is in in nearly every other scene, and we've seen that before too.

*Not condoning it, just suggesting that if I was a major criminal drug manufacturer/dealer who was prepared to kill all sorts of people for all sorts of things, a kid who has key information and cannot be controlled, shouldn't be an exception.

Edited by Periander

Episode 7. Only 1 left till part 2 wraps things up next year =\

Sad to see Mike go. Curse you Walt. I do like that how it was done though and not some stupid shoot-out with the cops or something.

Skylar should be wearing a hip flask soon to have something to drink before dinner.

How many people are left alive who know anything?

Pestboy (doesn't know much historical detail, and Walt wouldn't hesitate to kill him if he had to)

Pestboy's pest company colleagues (I don't think they know much detail)

Saul (knows a shitload, he's well paid, but he's so weak and easily scared the feds might be able to flip him)

Lydia

Jesse

Skylar (doesn't know much detail)

Jesse's stoner mates... don't know much?

Any other people that used to work with Gus?

So, who will remain alive?

Looks like Walt might genuinely get out of the business for the second half of the season, maybe, and all those episodes will focus on Hank's investigation eventually revealing Walt.

Posted Image

MFW the final scene...and we have to wait a year for the next half of the season.

What was the deal with the bathroom scene after the scan? He took it out on the towel dispenser because he has cancer again, or he has to give it up for Skylar?