gabber

Breaking Bad S5

I reckon that last scene was the best cliffhanger they have done yet. One of the best fade/cut to end credits in a tv show in a long time. Awesome.

gg Skylar with her hoarding/storage skills.

The prison montage was done very well.

The line from Hank to Walt about hunting monsters was a nice touch.

What was the deal with the bathroom scene after the scan? He took it out on the towel dispenser because he has cancer again, or he has to give it up for Skylar?

I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the different perspective :)

Great episode. The bar is still pretty for me at least.

What was the deal with the bathroom scene after the scan? He took it out on the towel dispenser because he has cancer again, or he has to give it up for Skylar?

He just looked at it and remembered. Hadn't been repaired yet.

It was a good semi-finale. I like the international expansion and where that might lead/what huge consequences that might bring whilst under investigation/what scary european bigwig corporation owners Walt might meet. I can see something dramatic happening to his giant stack of cash; being burnt, lost to the breeze, seized by DEA etc. Mike's death needs some ramifications, he was too integral to seemingly every major criminal activity in the area.

In the end I think the only one who'll get away clean will be Jesse because he's so nice. But he may also make a heroic sacrifice. I can see Pestboy turning nasty and catching a bullet for it. We're down a lot of characters now, with Walt really the only villain left which was the creator's intention. I feel like the show has lost some of its danger now there's no big Fring organisation or pressure from Mexico.

I'm interested to see how Walt's hobo with a machinegun adventure turns out as we saw in the first ep of the season. On the run from the DEA seems most likely. I don't know why he's packing such firepower. He obviously has the money and influence to get whatever ordnance he wants, but I don't see him using an M60 to mow down DEA agents or anything.

I'm kind of disappointed no one has gone full druglord with their money, Walt has stayed in his suburban home with his only splurges being on cars. I don't see him or anyone else living it up like a cartel boss now that the DEA is obviously getting involved.

Anyway now we have to wait fucking ages for the next season.

I liked this song

"In the end I think the only one who'll get away clean will be Jesse because he's so nice."

Yeah, I've thought this for a while. He's one of the most likeable characters, and one of the most "good", or "least bad" characters. He has killed or tried to kill or been prepared to kill far less people than Walt.

He'll probably be the only one who gets away clean.

I thought Jesse might end up so hungry for cash that he steals the methlamine and goes to cook for the other mob; but it doesn't look like that's panning out.

It looks now like we'll be seeing the DEA starting to chase Walt. If Hank was half smart about it, he should be easy enough to trap with his family inside knowledge and the trust.

I suspect we will see Walt splashing out a bit more too, getting sloppy, but not drug cartel type splashing, (unless somehow Saul has some crooked lottery connections where they can 'buy' a lottery win to launder cash).

Do we have to have this entire thread in spoilers or can we just get a spoiler alert in the title or something?

Edited by Periander

I thought Jesse might end up so hungry for cash that he steals the methlamine and goes to cook for the other mob; but it doesn't look like that's panning out.

Do we have to have this entire thread in spoilers or can we just get a spoiler alert in the title or something?

Well Gus killed all the main players down in Mexico leaving only the workers and whatnot. With no leadership there's probably no other mob at all, just a bunch of in-fighting for control.

And yeah kind of annoying seeing walls of green.

Anyway now we have to wait fucking ages for the next season.

Its Back!

That was Quick.....

I thought it was last monday it started,,, i have to wait till next week...ohhhh the agony.

That was Quick.....

No it wasn't.

I also thought it was the Monday just gone up until a few days before. Urgh!

Yeah they bumped it back for some reason. I don't like this trend of splitting seasons in half. That's two, short seasons. Imagine if UK TV started doing that, here's 1.5 episodes per year...

Looking forward to how this ends, I've been on a roll with great TV shows lately. Well except Dexter, that's gone to shit.

There is a Doco with Vince Gilligan out where he discuss BReaking bad and the X-files. The show is called "charlie rose"

http://www.pbs.org/charlierosetheweek/home/

The video maybe on popular Torrent sites. I dont know. If you want to hear about how the show got started etc...

Try as I might, I'm still cringing at Walter White quoting Shelley.

He's many things, but a romantic poet he ain't.

grabbed it and watched it earlier today, its so nice to be able to finally start working towards a conclusion again. The mid season break has been hell.

Edited by NukeJockey

grabbed it and watched it earlier today, its so nice to be able to finally start working towards a conclusion again. The mid season break has been hell.

Yeah waiting ages between seasons is bad enough without them doing it for half seasons. And they're not long seasons to start with! Ah well, quality over quantity. I enjoyed being back in that world again though it wasn't a particularly stand out episode. They'll be saving those for the end.

So I think:

That, at the start scene, when he's come home to pick up the Sarin and the neighbour sees him and freaks out, dropping the bag, that she's freaked not because 'oh noes it's the evil drug overlord' - but because Walt fakes his own death at some point and she's like' oh noes, a ghost/not-dead-Walt and I surely will be in a moment'.

And then Walt must decide whether to kill her there and then to keep his death secret going (maybe using the allegedly undetectable Sarin so it's not suspicious). His cool "hello Carol" demeanor suggests he made up his mind on the spot.

And also, that Walt has recovered from the cancer (again), and did the fake death so he can live a long time wherever (Mexico!). I think this because he has a clearly full healthy head of hair and a rich thick pirate beard. All through the show the hair has been an indicator of Walt's relative health.

And, I think that scene is MUCH later than 6 months after this week's episode (where it's reinforced that he only has 6 months to live). The house has aged far more than it would have in such a short time.

As for WHY he wanted the Sarin back, clearly he's unable to make more with no presumable access to a lab - ergo: he's no longer 'in the business'. Doubtful he wants it to kill himself with easy access to alternative means (an M60 in the mouth would do the trick). So who does he want to bump off without creating suspicion? NFI.

It's not Jesse - I think he's already dead by that stage. Walt is wearing a green army jacket just like Jesse wears all the time. A recurring theme in the show is how Walt 'absorbs' aspects of his victims after he kills them. Their mannerisms, style, quirks, etc. eg he's driving a car that's almost identical to the one Mike drove.

Edited by Flouncy

A lot of that sounds very likely. Also I find it funny he's just carting an M60 around like he's Rambo. I hope he uses it at some point, though it could be a humourous scene where he feels silly for having such an overpowered weapon.

It's not Jesse - I think he's already dead by that stage. Walt is wearing a green army jacket just like Jesse wears all the time. A recurring theme in the show is how Walt 'absorbs' aspects of his victims after he kills them. Their mannerisms, style, quirks, etc. eg he's driving a car that's almost identical to the one Mike drove.

I never picked up on that. I think Jesse might survive because he gives some moral balance to Walt's complete hellbound dive, but his demise may well be the final turning point for Walt's villanous transformation. Jesse's guiltridden cash giveaway definitely does not bode well for things ending nicely for him.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

I never picked up on that. I think Jesse might survive because he gives some moral balance to Walt's complete hellbound dive, but his demise may well be the final turning point for Walt's villanous transformation. Jesse's guiltridden cash giveaway definitely does not bode well for things ending nicely for him.

Right. Jesse's always been the moral barometer. At least, in terms of how he outwardly swings up and down through the burdens and effects of the bad of it all. Walt does bad shit and ruins lives, but strides on, gaining power, while Jesse takes it in the gut and shrinks into guilt and reacts with sometimes silly (throwing money onto lawns) penance. Jesse hurts, Walt is indifferent.

Jesse's gonna die. I don't like it or want it to happen. Though, if he's the sole survivor that also works if they want to have at least someone with a hope of a future after being smashed by Walt's rollercoaster of destruction make it through.

Edited by Flouncy

Right. Jesse's always been the moral barometer. At least, in terms of how he outwardly swings up and down through the burdens and effects of the bad of it all. Walt does bad shit and ruins lives, but strides on, gaining power, while Jesse takes it in the gut and shrinks into guilt and reacts with sometimes silly (throwing money onto lawns) penance. Jesse hurts, Walt is indifferent.

Jesse's gonna die. I don't like it or want it to happen. Though, if he's the sole survivor that also works if they want to have at least someone with a hope of a future after being smashed by Walt's rollercoaster of destruction make it through.

Actually Jesse was supposed to Die at the end of season one. But Vince Gilligan liked him so much he left him on the show. If your a fan watch that interview of Vince Glligan by Charlie rose.

"thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8778603/PBS_Charlie_Rose_2013_Vince_Gilligan_Creator_of_Breaking_Bad_720"]http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8778603/PBS...reaking_Bad_720"

Edited by te0p

So I think:

[stuff][/stuff]

in light of your freakish talent for prediction thus far, thanks for spoiling the rest of the season!

:P

o btw, i think you misremembered the name of the substance in question.

S05E09?

all i have to say is, HOLY SHIT i knew Dean Norris (Hank) was strong, but that performance was fricken note perfect. amazing.

Lol yeah did misremember it.

Ricin. I know...

Yeah man, Hank-actor nailed it. It all my years of TV watching, when there's always a big secret we know but the rest of the cast doesn't - when the reveal comes it's ALWAYS disappointing to see how the other characters react to the BIG DROP.

But this... THIS. This was all and everything. Couldn't have asked for more or better HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK FUCK YOU! faces from Hank. Just so satisfying. I'm sure there's already an animated gif meme out there going on...

Well that was right up there with the best we've ever seen from this show.

I don't want it to end.

Yep, it was a pretty good episode. I'm going to miss it when it's over.

Quick initial thoughts:

Skyler broke bad tonight. Properly. She's been complicit for ages, but there was always the walk-away out for her, which I think gave her a moral excuse all along. Tonight Hank gave her the big ultimatum, and she chose to defy him. She chose the bad.

And, wasn't sold on the 'lack of evidence' thing Hank pulled when talking to Marie. Surely a handwriting-matched book note identifying Walt, found in Walt's home, written by an established gang member is a smoking gun. Did Hank pollute the evidence by removing it from the scene (Walt's place?) Surely it's still valid. And with all his backtracking since then shit adds up. Seems to me to be that storyline development took a priority over storyline integrity with that.

So all signs now pointing to a Hank vs Walt outside-the-law battle and showdown. Mano-v-mano. The show has balanced it perfectly, so the viewer is conflicted on who to root for.

But yeah. The Skyler/Marie revelation scene was as intense and wonderful as was possible. Fab, that. Hank was on the backfoot at the end of last week's hyper encounter with Walt, but when he closed the garage door, yeah baby, game on.

Edited by Flouncy

I can't wait for the little shit with the RC car to get killed.

I found the little action scene towards the end to be pretty cool, shows dangerous things still going on in the drug game and reintroduces the evil Todd who's obviously going to screw things up for people most likely himself. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the international business lady and if the Czech republic thing goes ahead

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony