Sign in to follow this  
ReapermanRS

139 Feedback

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Finally got around to getting this month's copy and read the first few pages on the train on the way home.

Of particular interest to me was Ashton Mills' write up covering EA and Steam, and particularly David DeMartini's comments that sales that run on Steam "cheapen your intellectual property".

Now.

Apart from chuckling at the fact that, with the advent of digital distribution, a game is nothing BUT intellectual property so, ergo making it cheaper makes it.... cheaper, I had an outright laugh when firing up Steam.

Y'see, I can buy myself a copy of the Secret World from EA's Origin service at the bargain price of $79.99. Or I can buy it from Steam for $49.99.

Hmmmmm. Tough choice Dave!

If there's one thing I can thank EA for, it's ensuring Origin stays where it belongs, as an irrelevant piece of Bloatware that was forced upon me by EA for wanting to play Battlefield and remaining otherwise totally unused.

Perhaps Mr DeMartini ought to take a piece of Ashton's advice - "I wouldn't be dissing Steam - I'd be learning from it".

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Finally got around to getting this month's copy and read the first few pages on the train on the way home.

Of particular interest to me was Ashton Mills' write up covering EA and Steam, and particularly David DeMartini's comments that sales that run on Steam "cheapen your intellectual property".

Now.

Apart from chuckling at the fact that, with the advent of digital distribution, a game is nothing BUT intellectual property so, ergo making it cheaper makes it.... cheaper, I had an outright laugh when firing up Steam.

Y'see, I can buy myself a copy of the Secret World from EA's Origin service at the bargain price of $79.99. Or I can buy it from Steam for $49.99.

Hmmmmm. Tough choice Dave!

If there's one thing I can thank EA for, it's ensuring Origin stays where it belongs, as an irrelevant piece of Bloatware that was forced upon me by EA for wanting to play Battlefield and remaining otherwise totally unused.

Perhaps Mr DeMartini ought to take a piece of Ashton's advice - "I wouldn't be dissing Steam - I'd be learning from it".

Its laughable that EA charge $80 for a game thats available digitally directly from funcom and now steam.

EA will never learn, they don't seem to give a flying fuck about their customers.

I support Origin as part of my job and I cannot stand it, the amount of problems it has as well the account issues is just ridiculous.

Why EA thought it would be a good idea to move 50,000,000 accounts onto the origin account system is beyond me, especially when probably more than 50% of those accounts are unused.

Then theres also the fact that it was released in beta and is still in beta, 10 months after BF3 was released.

Just had a look. Damn that's a sharp looking editor.

He's Atomics page 3 man.

Grrrrrr

Maybe a sealed section, with even more SUIT ACTION, is in order.

As long as their is some shots of you in your mail as well