Hlass

Mass killing in movie theatre in Colorado

More info on the killer. Neuroscience doctoral student. Loner. And benificiary of his states (and countries) lax gun laws.

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x42015304/Colo...science-student

Edit: sorry looks like he was not a student any more.

Also,his apartment is apparently filled with booby traps

)

This is all new to me and I haven't much idea on how it works , the only reason I got to meet this guy was cuz I was maggoted in the taxi rank and heard him talking himself up to some girl that he was a defence lawyer and I interrupted and said that "i hate cunts like him " and he agreed and told me this story .

Pretty much said he was out of uni for a year or so and got put in that position or have no job. Kinda makes sense that they would do that but I think its bullshit that our country can force people to sell their moral compass for an income. I even asked why he didn't try to be a prosecutor and he said he had to do time in that position first and the option wasn't even available.

Anyway , if I met a defence lawyer that had the choice to defend a guy like the Perp in the op and defended him anyway just for money , they would better hope they are some where very safe. They are white collar criminals in my book

So no one should be defended in a criminal case?

"some people just want to watch the world burn..."

Indeed.

Pathetic wannabe nobody. I hope his name is soon forgotten.

Indeed.

Maybe he just watched "God bless America" and got inspired.

Not condoning his actions of coarse.. But if i lived there.....

Indeed.

He looks quite cute, I'm sure his dance card will soon be full. I do so hope he enjoys his stay at the holiday camp.

Indeed.

He looks quite cute, I'm sure his dance card will soon be full. I do so hope he enjoys his stay at the holiday camp.

This thread is becoming filled with hilarious ambiguity. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

More info on the killer. Neuroscience doctoral student. Loner. And benificiary of his states (and countries) lax gun laws.

There should be a special law for mass murders like this guy and the Norway mass murderer. Something along the lines of if you have a kill count in double figures and everyone knew you did it , you get special treatment

There should be a special law for mass murders like this guy and the Norway mass murderer. Something along the lines of if you have a kill count in double figures and everyone knew you did it , you get special treatment

So you hate all defense lawyers because occasionally one of their number defends a mass murderer? Jesus dude that's a spot unreasonable isn't it?

So you hate all defense lawyers because occasionally one of their number defends a mass murderer? Jesus dude that's a spot unreasonable isn't it?

it's enough to hate them because they are lawyers

anything else just adds additional fuel to the bonfire really :P

Some ppl dont like parking ticket officers , some ppl don't like clowns, I don't like defence lawyers.

But each to their own :)

Of course, but you gotta admit they have a pretty bad rep . They Obv ain't all bad but its pretty easy to pick the blood suckers that are

I have a HELL of a lot of respect for legal aid lawyers. They deal with all of that stuff for less pay than had they taken almost any other graduate job (general graduate, not just as a lawyer).

IANAL(Yet)... But this is my take on it:

Ultimately, our system of law relies on people being given the chance to prove themselves innocent. This requires defence lawyers - you need them to give the accused EVERY possible chance to prove themselves innocent; if they can't THEN you can throw the book at them...

The other thing to consider is that most of the 'technicalities' you see are where key evidence is ruled inadmissible for various reasons, so you can't say that guilt had been proven (to the appropriate standard) with ADMISSIBLE evidence. In most of these cases, including where there has been some impropriety in collecting the evidence, the Judge or Magistrate has the discretion to allow the evidence (having regard to the value of the evidence, the prejudicial effect it might have, any deficiencies it has, etc).

Edited by DaCraw

Indeed.

Oh yes. Lots of boyfriends expected ahead. Arear. Or there. Everywhere.

Eh, nuts have found ways to go on mass killings without guns... doubt a ban would change much.

Just look to China, mass killings in schools with knives since they have limited access to guns.

My problem with the "gun control camp" is that many think just banning guns will fix the problem when really the root of the problem won't be addressed,