Sign in to follow this  
Opy

Pop Up

At GFs house, there were complaints about IE, so I let Windows Update install IE9.

To test stuff, I went to atomicmpc front page, watched the Mechwarrior Centurion clip (full screen at 720p) and then clicked the Forums link and I got a pop up window asking for a 3 question survey about 'atomicmpc.com.au' but hosted at some surveygroupintl.com site.

I ignored it for a while trying to look for obvious signs of falsehood and it disappeared after 10-15 seconds.

Was it authorised by the powers that be or should I get paranoid?

At GFs house, there were complaints about IE, so I let Windows Update install IE9.

To test stuff, I went to atomicmpc front page, watched the Mechwarrior Centurion clip (full screen at 720p) and then clicked the Forums link and I got a pop up window asking for a 3 question survey about 'atomicmpc.com.au' but hosted at some surveygroupintl.com site.

I ignored it for a while trying to look for obvious signs of falsehood and it disappeared after 10-15 seconds.

Was it authorised by the powers that be or should I get paranoid?

You probably should be paranoid... and while your at it check to see if you (or your missus') computer has a virus.

Yeah, that's not ours. Evil Admin thinks it's most likely malware on your girlfriend's system.

Think I found it.

Yontoo was installed.

I assume it was one of those options you need to untick when you are installing some apps.

Thanks for the replies.

Pop up, Was it real?

At GFs house, there.....

sorry, stopped reading right there. already too much information.