Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
hectorbustnuts

Red Dwarf X

No, that's what's cool about Red Dwarf - the absurdly funny similes. That and Rimmer being a selfish weaselly twat which Lester does his best to annoy him.

"brain smaller than the salad section in a Scottish supermarket" ROFL

The forced bit was at the beginning. the lame jokes about pig racing, infomercials and Swedish car accidents (though that last one did turn out to have a funny continuation).

Edited by Oracle X

It was a slow start but once it got rocking, felt as good as classic RD

Lets see the rest, hope the ratings keep it alive on Dave in the UK, then the rest of the world.

Could die if everyone uncle T's it

Watched last nights episode on ABC1 it was great to see RED DWARF back. Did it look like Kryten was a bit overweight at the start and his costume was coming apart at the start. He also looked too washed out and the colours not the same.

Amazing that given the budget cuts and pathetic turn in programming direction from our ABC that they would bother to fork out and air it so soon.

So far the series is a mixed bag, but (giving S9 the total ignorance it deserves) I'd rate it above S7, maybe above S8.

I watched it on iView last night, on the ipad, in bed.

Got a few laughs out of me.

As someone who has never seen Red Dwarf before, I didn't find the episode on iView particularly funny. Watchable, but not something that had me wanting more.

It's a British comedy, a lot of it is character development, if you don't connect with the characters from all the development I guess a lot of the jokes wouldn't make much sense.

S9 would have been better branded as a "Special features" section of S10.

Yep, a lot of the humour has dependencies, ie without knowledge of the show's history it has little meaning. Although that said, I think the first ever ep I saw was Timeslides (3.5), and when doing the catchup I saw most of them out of order.

I randomly caught the first ep on ABC the other night, and at first it seemed it was going to flatline, but then picked up as it went on. Some obvious lines, some very quality bits.

Apparently they resolve the ending of season 8 at the end of this series.

Apparently they didn't. Unless it was VERY subtle?

Apparently they resolve the ending of season 8 at the end of this series.

Apparently they didn't. Unless it was VERY subtle?

Yeah, they didn't.

They made a gag of it by NOT answering it. Twice (there was an additional bit post-credits in ep. 6).

Righto Hector, as promised under the influence of sun and cider, I've given it another try.

You're right. it's the old Red Dwarf, made now. I love it.

Righto Hector, as promised under the influence of sun and cider, I've given it another try.

*applauds*

*applauds*

In appreciation, I will gift a bottle of bourbon (for realz yo) which is quite possibly the tastiest liquor I've had in a long time. Rant at why I'd even suggest such a vile form on distillation will continue on OJ's thread on whiskey.

Edited by MrFriendly

*applauds*

In appreciation, I will gift a bottle of bourbon (for realz yo) which is quite possibly the tastiest liquor I've had in a long time. Rant at why I'd even suggest such a vile form on distillation will continue on OJ's thread on whiskey.

Ooooh...sounds intriguing!

Fuck whoever locally distributes BBC DVDs and blurays.

"Red Dwarf X" ain't getting a high-def release here, only DVD.

To Amazon, where it's cheaper to import the BD than it is to buy the DVD locally!!

(And they wonder why bricks and mortar retail is sliding in this country)

I thought the series where missing something. The sets where far too few and smaller than the Original series.

It needed a boost like another member in the group ,like a female hologram or something.

I thought the series where missing something. The sets where far too few and smaller than the Original series.

It needed a boost like another member in the group ,like a female hologram or something.

There was some nice detail in the cockpit, but it was tackie lights on seat backs, to hide the real car seat / whatever it was.

+1 to new crew or something, amazing no evil twin or alternative universe rehash or did I miss that one

There was some nice detail in the cockpit, but it was tackie lights on seat backs, to hide the real car seat / whatever it was.

+1 to new crew or something, amazing no evil twin or alternative universe rehash or did I miss that one

I thought there were a few opportunities for Holly to pipe up, actually.