Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
hectorbustnuts

Red Dwarf X

Well, the first trailer for the next season of "Red Dwarf" has dropped.

As old as the boys are looking, I'm hoping that this delivers more than the "Back to Earth" special.

Yeah they need to get on with the STORY and stop having a new set of hijinks every episode, they done all that already and as per their Back To Earth effort they don't really have anything new to say. So hopefully they've listened to their audience and have got back on track.

Yup.. And I'd like to see how Earth has changed after the couple of million years that Lister was in cryosleep for, could be fun if they went that way.

Yup.. And I'd like to see how Earth has changed after the couple of million years that Lister was in cryosleep for, could be fun if they went that way.

Wasn't three quarters of it covered by something growing off a sausage that Lister left behind?

"...he had left some German sausages alone in his apartment for three million years and they now covered 7/8 of the Earth's surface."

So... the earth is probably meaty and kind of spicy?

Edited by SquallStrife

earth is also bankrupt because of the 30c he left in his bank account

I really hope they do not stuff this up. This was the first scifi series I got into as a child

"...he had left some German sausages alone in his apartment for three million years and they now covered 7/8 of the Earth's surface."

"April Fool".

"April Fool".

Ack

Shows how long it's been since I saw that episode.

Queeg lol! :P

:)

Could have sworn I posted in this thread.

I'll wait for the DVD, which my daughter will insist on buying for me, as she has every other one :)

Cheers

Could have sworn I posted in this thread.

I'll wait for the DVD, which my daughter will insist on buying for me, as she has every other one :)

Cheers

daughters can be good like that.

She's a pretty amazing kid in her own way OBA :)

Cheers

Its great to see a new series coming back . But with the "The Back to Earth" series which really disappointed me in many ways it seems this show has worn its way out of the circle.

The Actors are showing their age really bad look at Lister he looks like a Grandpa, same with Rimmer his head shines more than a ocean with a moonbeam on it. Cat looks like he is on steroids with him just playing along. Only normal one is Kryten.

I thought besides Lister they all looked good in the trailer, and towards the end I was pretty much used to older Lister.

I want to see a return of Ace Rimmer !!!!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Turns out they're already pimping the DVD/BD release (November 19th).

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2012/09/28/dvd-details-x/

Posted Image

Well, the prize piece at the centre is a brand new, two-hour documentary on the making of Series X, titled "We're Smegged". A two-hour documentary, for a three-hour series? Yep. Trust us when we say you won't want to miss this one.

I'll be definitely buying it.

(Because I'm a sucker completist, I'd have bought it even if it wasn't up to snuff...I bought 'Back to Earth' for gawdsake).

Hardly missed a beat.

On the minus side, some of the humour "forced" and yet another huge continuity hole in the story.

Of the plus side, probably got more laughs out of me in the first 10 minutes of ep 10.1 than for the entire farce that was Series 9.

Looking forward to the remainder of the series, here's hoping that we get resolution before the end of this decade.

Hardly missed a beat.

On the minus side, some of the humour "forced" and yet another huge continuity hole in the story.

Of the plus side, probably got more laughs out of me in the first 10 minutes of ep 10.1 than for the entire farce that was Series 9.

Looking forward to the remainder of the series, here's hoping that we get resolution before the end of this decade.

What he said.

Not too shabby. Much better than that solo episode they had awhile back. It started off slow and somewhat lame but then Rimmer came to the rescue with his usual ratty self and had me chuckling for the second half of the show.

A solid 7/10 and I hope will only improve for the rest of the season.

But DAAAAAAAAMN they look old. Even Kryton seems to be less energetic.

On the minus side, some of the humour "forced" ...

Isn't that Red Dwarf's whole schtick? Almost every joke has a simile construction "X is about as Y as Z".