Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tmac7

Camping

I loathe camping.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, Bug repellent. Oh and have fun.

Since I have camped at rainbow beach twice here are a few tips.

4. don't take any domestic animals since its in a national park

That needed highlighting since I saw in your OP that you planned on taking the dog.

Don't.

Edited by Devilsmurf

I am so sick of idiots camping. All we needed was for the guys in the valley to push and we would've won the match easily. Buff SPGs.

That needed highlighting since I saw in your OP that you planned on taking the dog.

Don't.

Is all of Rainbow Beach a national park? I believe the plan was to be somewhere on the inlet there but might need to rethink our plans a little. If anyone is curious she's an American Staffy about 10months old.

pillows! every time i pack everything and forget the bloody pillows! sleeping on a jacket is ok but pillow is so much better. hate forgetting to pack pillows.

lots of good suggestions here, now that i've read the whole thread.

Grab one of those $15 gas stoves from k-mart. they are awesome and much easier to cook on than a fire, also don't forget a pan to cook in + cutlery and plates.

Can opener is a good one AD.

Look at maybe a cheap swag ($100-$150) - i got mine from ray's. The mattress is way comfier than any air bed and means that you can camp with or without a tent depending on your mood (tent is always good to keep all your stuff dry when the weather goes bad - I'm in vic so it always goes bad :P).

get a 4 man tent. the price difference to a 3 man is $nil and the extra space is needed. it takes no more time to set up than a smaller tent too. remember to take a hammer and keep the tent all in the one bag (including pegs... our pegs got seperated once and setting up a tent with no pegs is not fun).

10-15ltr water tank from supermarket for a 2 night trip.

slab of beer and you're right to go.

I was actually up north a couple of months ago and went for a day trip along rainbow beach. awesome part of the world. went for a dip in a spot where there wasn't 100s of stingrays and was within 5m of a sea turtle. fish came right up to me as well. would have loved to go fishing but was only there for a few nights (not camping) and packed light. beautiful part of the world.

Don't.

Is all of Rainbow Beach a national park? I believe the plan was to be somewhere on the inlet there but might need to rethink our plans a little. If anyone is curious she's an American Staffy about 10months old.

Dogs are allowed at inskip but the beach and road is used by hundreds of four wheel drivers every day and is a bit of a highway to the barges over to fraser island, personally I would suggest leaving said puppy at home for peace of mind (10 months is still really a pup) since you don't want your dog getting run over by some lunatic of which there are many going through there.

some more info http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/inskip-pe...la/camping.html

Edited by nesquick

I completely forgot we caught the ferry from Rainbow Beach to head over to Fraser Island. I was 8 at the time, if you are camping anywhere around the beach near summer remember the aeroguard. The sandflies are murder.

dont go for longer then 1 or 2 nights, it gets old really quick and chicks hate it

1. Find food and water this is extremely important as without these you will die.

2. Find shelter, The outdoors can be unforgiving its important you have a place to sleep and stay warm or you will die.

3. Find a weapon, Sneaky past the infected is just fine, but you can only sneak for so long, eventually you will have to defend yourself or you will die.

4. Don't Trust survivors they will say anything to earn you trust only to take the 3 listed above. Be sure to follow this rule or you will die.

Really hope this help you and your girlfriend have a successful camping trip.

dont go for longer then 1 or 2 nights, it gets old really quick and chicks hate it

Word.

Word.

I made the mistake of taking the mrs on a 5 day camping trip with my army mates in Spain, it was my shout for a few expensive hotels after that haha

Word.

I made the mistake of taking the mrs on a 5 day camping trip with my army mates in Spain, it was my shout for a few expensive hotels after that haha

It doesn't need to be expensive.

It does need hot and cold water, shelter from the elements, and a proper, hygienic, loo.

It does need hot and cold water, shelter from the elements, and a proper, hygienic, loo.

I can do without the hot water, but I like the campground to have a proper toilet, nothing like taking a good shit in the morning cause if you don't your day ends up pretty shitty.

I can do without the hot water, but I like the campground to have a proper toilet, nothing like taking a good shit in the morning cause if you don't your day ends up pretty shitty.

Take a foldup shovel you can buy those in any camping store . You can dig a hole and use that for a toilet just a keep a bucket of water nearby to wash your hands.

NukeJockey's guide for shitting in the Ocean.

Step 1. Find a secluded spot in the ocean with the water at least up to your chest.

Step 2. Pull down swimwear and squat.

Step 3. Shit into your hand.

Step 4. Lift your foot and place the turd in the arch of your foot.

Step 5. In one fluid motion, stamp your foot to the ocean floor.

Your turd should now be embedded in the sand.

NukeJockey's guide for shitting in the Ocean.

Step 1. Find a secluded spot in the ocean with the water at least up to your chest.

Step 2. Pull down swimwear and squat.

Step 3. Shit into your hand.

Step 4. Lift your foot and place the turd in the arch of your foot.

Step 5. In one fluid motion, stamp your foot to the ocean floor.

Your turd should now be embedded in the sand.

But that would deny other members of the sea the beauty of the blind mullet, or flying blind mullet if you are with friends

It still does my head in that people are just starting out camping, and or have never camped before. I was camping before i was walking hahaha. Cant Imagine what that kind of experience would be like the first time. If your going to the beach to camp at least take some fishing gear and fish about 2 hours before the high tide comes in. That will keep you entertained as well :D

Yeah I grew up going to Deni state forest with my family and through my childhood and early teens camped atleast once a month on the goulburn river near buxton and taggerty for some good old fishing.

I never camped until I was 18...

Not a camping family. I love it personally.

Took me a while to learn some lessons..

I don't think I could do the type of camping where you have to be 'self sufficient'.

I prefer the "My car is just 50m that way" type camping. But that's me..

AD