Sign in to follow this  
rayman82

Creating a table HTML

Hey guys,

Not very good at HTML here. But I'm just wondering if HTML was able to allow me to set up tables and allow user's to input data and do calculations like in Excel? If so does any one know if there's a sample code I can use to test it.

Cheers guys,

Hey guys,

Not very good at HTML here. But I'm just wondering if HTML was able to allow me to set up tables and allow user's to input data and do calculations like in Excel? If so does any one know if there's a sample code I can use to test it.

Cheers guys,

i don't know if it would help but give this a go

<table border="1"><tr><td>row 1, cell 1</td><td>row 1, cell 2</td></tr><tr><td>row 2, cell 1</td><td>row 2, cell 2</td></tr></table>

as for user imput, i have no idea

that i just linked is for setting up a table.

EDIT: Actually... I haven't fiddled with it, but try to incorperate the "form" code into it. i dont know if its possible. here's a sample code.

<form>First name: <input type="text" name="firstname" /><br />Last name: <input type="text" name="lastname" /></form>
Edited by ilyria109

But I'm just wondering if HTML was able to allow me to set up tables and allow user's to input data and do calculations like in Excel?

Yes, this is very much possible but depends on how you would like to achieve the outcome.

Do you want user's to enter data and be given a 'thankyou' page whilst some number crunching gets done in the background and provides 'Admins/user's' with an answer? (aka so when they close browser it will store the data for admins / user's at a later time. session ID's, )

Or do you simply want something that is like a 'calculator' on a webpage where a user inputs data and receives an answer within the same web session? (aka so when they close browser it will not store the data)

Was this similar to what you are after as far as calculations / how it calculates?

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/