Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ReapermanRS

PSA: Galaxy S3's $549 @ Kogan

Because I thought you lot would like to know. Extremely seiously tempted to get one for that price.

I ordered one. $569 delivered is just too good a bargain when I can still get $300 or more for my S2.

Personally I wouldn't buy a phone or tab off them again, regardless of how much $$$$ I save

Personally I wouldn't buy a phone or tab off them again, regardless of how much $$$$ I save

Any reason, jdee?

mainly due to my Motorola Xoom, My mate bought one from here shortly after release, I purchased mine through Kogan afew months later.

Now here's the issue, ICS was released for Aus and my mates upgraded ova, mine still states that it's up to date at 2.3.5. I have to wait for whatever region mine was intended for to get ICS.

mainly due to my Motorola Xoom, My mate bought one from here shortly after release, I purchased mine through Kogan afew months later.

Now here's the issue, ICS was released for Aus and my mates upgraded ova, mine still states that it's up to date at 2.3.5. I have to wait for whatever region mine was intended for to get ICS.

Go to XDA and flash it manually. The Xoom already has Android 4.1.1.

Any reason, jdee?

That isn't really an issue of Kogans though, and not a reason to not buy from them imo

Any reason, jdee?

That isn't really an issue of Kogans though, and not a reason to not buy from them imo

never said it was Kogan's issue, It's an issue I have. I said I wouldn't buy a phone or a tab from them.

It is enough of a reason if you cant update an "unrooted" device to the regions latest release. Not everybody roots their device, my phone is rooted but my tab isn't.

Mine showed up about 35 minutes before I had to leave to head to work, haven't managed to play with it yet as I only just had enough time to activate my mini sim and sync my contacts and apps.

The four minutes I've managed to use it I love the screen and it seems to be heaps faster than the SII. About to go to bed so I won't manage to do anything with it till this afternoon but I will post more thoughts then.

FWIW, it's taking about a week for my GN to arrive via Kogan/HK, if you were asking WRT delivery times <.>

Mine was delivered this morning, I ordered it last Tue. So a week is pretty average by the looks. Mine had to be sent to rural Qld so that may have added a day or so. Funny enough though, also ordered a honeycomb case which was sent separately via Aus Epost and arrived at the same time.

Kogan do send you a tracking link for DHL which works well.

Mine was delivered this morning, I ordered it last Tue. So a week is pretty average by the looks. Mine had to be sent to rural Qld so that may have added a day or so. Funny enough though, also ordered a honeycomb case which was sent separately via Aus Epost and arrived at the same time.

Kogan do send you a tracking link for DHL which works well.

Unless you live in Tasmania, which is apparently an outlying area of Victoria state, or another planet.

The DHL tracking thing is pretty useless. To top it all off, it ended up at my local PO anyway - so much for not accepting PO addresses : |

Kogan is back at it again, the Samsung Galaxy S3 16gb unlocked is now for only for $499 dollars. Must be getting rid of them to make way for S3 4G? Don't you hate it though, only two months after the other release. The price of the Kogan Samsung Galaxy S3 makes me wonder what is the point of mobile plans, like the one from Telstra which currently charge $67 per month for their Samsung Galaxy S3. If you do the maths, then you will see which is the better value for money.

Edit: Got the price wrong!

Edited by adamgray