Caelum

What's on your mind?

Time to change things and get to where I want to be. No more living in the past.

Good plan my man!

The past is for learning and then leaving.

Don't live in the future either, that's another mistake.

Learn to live in 'right now' and live gets a lot more peaceful...if you can do it. :)

It might take more than a few days.

TBH I don't recall how long it took ours to get used to our kitten.

It sort of just happened gradually, the hissing will stop first most likely, then they'll start to stay in the same room and finally, the kitty will probably start to lick her alot to show affection (thats what happened with ours anyway).

I think we will need patience :) So far she has only seen him once, the first time when she hissed and ran. She has spent a lot of time in our WIR, but now she comes out and stares at the door to the room where the cat is. She isn't as flighty this morning but still wary. Today we will try a 'room swap' where you remove the kitten from the room it's staying in and bring the older cat in to sniff around. This gets them used to the smell without the problem of being attacked by the kitten :)

either that or superglue the kitten to her back.

I was given some advice by the ladies at Coldstream Animal Aid where we adopted our cats from.

They said the first time you want them to meet, put the new cat inside a shower or behind a glass door somewhere and let the cat that you already have sus it out.

Basically, your Maine Coon is the boss of the house and she needs to let the kitten know that, the glass door things lets them see the kitten, but makes sure that they don't fight or anything else.

Kittens are apparantly the easiest age to add to a house that already has a cat, simply because they will fall in line easier and learn that the current cat is the dominant one.

Thats what I was told anyway, how true it is I don't know.

All I know is, after 6 months my kitty was chilling with Holly (our maine coon) and licking her etc.

Now they play a bit, chasing each other around the house and stuff, but somehow Casey (the male kitten, who is now an adult) ended up being the master and the dominant one, go figure :P

not sure the shower idea would work here - i just placed the older cat on one side of the door, as soon as the kitten meowed she hissed and took off to hide somewhere in the house.

Not happy Jan.

Gently Gently...

Sounds exactly like how my Cat reacted.

None of the advice I was given worked, they'll sort it out themselves.

In the mean time, enjoy your new kitten and make sure you still give the Maine Coon attention, she will be worried that you are replacing her, so lots of hugs and pats, she may see that things aren't going to change and that will be a good thing for her, she'll come 'round :)

Damn reflux disease is really annoying me lately ,lost my voice on the weekend my Voice box was burned. Must start drinking more water to break down the acid. Damn nasty stuff.

I gotta slow down - fucked 3 pens today, depriving myself of about 150 bucks this weekend. still, got another 17 under construction

I just got work that I have an interview for a job tomorrow, where it was only applied for this morning. They seem really interested. Yay

A close cousin of mine died today, from unknown reasons, after a few days in an induced coma. Fuck.

Pretty much nothing.

The wife's gone out to see a movie with her mate. So I've got a hot date with a bottle of Lagavulin and my RC helicopter flight simulator/trainer.

I gotta slow down - fucked 3 pens today

Please be careful. I heard that anal tearing can be incredibly painful.

Rob.

My Nan is on my mind right now. She dies relatively peacefully in a morphine induced sleep at 10pm two nights ago. She was a wonderful Grandmother who loved all her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren fiercely, and that love was returned in spades. Some of the happiest memories from my childhood are of going to Nan and Pop's house. She is and will be missed.

My Nan is on my mind right now. She dies relatively peacefully in a morphine induced sleep at 10pm two nights ago. She was a wonderful Grandmother who loved all her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren fiercely, and that love was returned in spades. Some of the happiest memories from my childhood are of going to Nan and Pop's house. She is and will be missed.

I'm sorry for your loss disolusiond.

I've bitten off more than I can chew

For about fifteen years now

Sorry to hear of your loss mate. Take care.

Condolences, dude.

Rob.

only if I force it as much as you do

Grumpier than usual today. Probably because I've had a high moron exposure lately.

Welcome to the world son. Dont grow old and bitter like me.

I just got work that I have an interview for a job tomorrow, where it was only applied for this morning. They seem really interested. Yay

A close cousin of mine died today, from unknown reasons, after a few days in an induced coma. Fuck.

Yay to the first. Fuck indeed to the second. Condolences dude.

Pretty much nothing.

The wife's gone out to see a movie with her mate. So I've got a hot date with a bottle of Lagavulin and my RC helicopter flight simulator/trainer.

That sounds pretty awesome actually.

Rob.

That was bad even for you...

:( Condolences man. Chin up.

Grumpier than usual today. Probably because I've had a high moron exposure lately.

Welcome to the world son. Dont grow old and bitter like me.

Or young and bitter like me.

Should I pay the premium ($77 when you take into account shipping) and get a 16GB Nexus 4 from HN, wait for it to restock on the Play store or just go with the 8GB and wait 2-3 weeks for shipping.

First world problems \o/

Date night tonight.

Never been out with a single mother before. Not that it makes much of a difference.

Date night tonight.

Never been out with a single mother before. Not that it makes much of a difference.

At least you know she puts out.

Respect for even thinking about dating a mother. I can never get passed the whole "kid" thing, which is kind of a goes hand-in-hand with the whole "mum" thing.

'

Date night tonight.

Ever started a game from someone else's save file?

Date night tonight.

At least you know she puts out.

Respect for even thinking about dating a mother. I can never get passed the whole "kid" thing, which is kind of a goes hand-in-hand with the whole "mum" thing.

'

Having broken my rule and dated a mother for far too long, I'm with you now. It's too hard and I'm too damn selfish to want to deal with children for more than an hour.