Caelum

What's on your mind?

I wonder how hard it is to break into the voice acting scene.

As in voice overs? When I was in the states I worked with a bloke who did radio voice over work in his spare time. He's also done voices for cartoon shows etc. According too him it's a pretty competitive scene and not easy to get into.

Then he recommended that I watch this. Then I lol'd.

So as you can see, it's pretty much a small bunch of blokes who do everything. Everything worth anything.

Yeah, I figured it would be competitive. Most animated movie leads are voiced by already successful real actors, so it'd be hard to make a break.

Awesome vid, got a few laughs for sure :)

At the hairdresser yesterday:

Barber: "Going to pick up this weekend? "

Me: "No, I picked up five years ago and we're still together. "

Barber: "Going to get married? "

Me: "When it becomes legal in Australia. "

Barber: "Ah... so you have a man. "

Me: " A good, caring man. "

Then the boss of the store started going on about poofters, I felt like knocking some sense into him with my Note 2

You should have used some of your magic gay sparkle dust to turn him gay :D

WOMM?

CTP insurance that I would need to get for the Hyundai before I go to the RTA to register the car, which I can only do this Saturday because I literally have no time this week to do so. Doesn't mean that I can't buy it when I'm home, I can do it online.

And I need to know if I need a Pink slip for it, and to see if the specific model of Hyundai only needs one reversing light. Which I won't be able to rectify if it does use both of them. Literally no time this week at all.

If it can't be fixed, no pink slip, no rego, no time to fix it another time. I'm fighting a uphill battle on a drenching mud hill.

Plus a wedding to go to on Saturday, got to get organised for that. Can't take time off this week to fix the Hyundai as we're understaffed and we're getting arse-raped as is...

(Seven calls tonight totaling two hours for one user)

call some one, CTP takes minutes. they just need your money and post code.

your registration papers will tell you specifcicaly if you need a Pink slip. if the car is over 3 years old, that would be a yes.

if you do not book for the pink, yes you find it hard to just rock up, you've left it too late.

There's no current rego papers that came wih the car, nobody will be open tomorrow to get it done, I can't take time off, I'm stuck in a rut with no way out with this. None that I can see anyway.

I've been stressed out at work tonight, and this just piles on top of it.

There was a transfer that started on Monday which there is a 14 day window to get to the RTA and get it done. I can't see it getting done at this time. And there's a two grand fine if it isn't done within the period.

Perfect. Just perfect.

EDIT: And considering the car was made in 1996, then a Pink Slip is definitely required.

Edited by krispy89

Barber: "Going to pick up this weekend? "

Me: "No, I picked up five years ago and we're still together. "

Barber: "Going to get married? "

Me: "When it becomes legal in Australia. "

Barber: "Ah... so you have a man. "

Me: " A good, caring man. "

Then the boss of the store started going on about poofters, I felt like knocking some sense into him with my Note 2

I may cop flak for this but how many guys refer to it as "the hair dressers" - just curious.

Watching Xfiles from Season 1 onwards seeing as I never took an interest when it was on tv. I'm struggling to find why it was so popular way back when....

Because way back when, it didn't have 20 years of TV ripping it off and turning it into a giant cliche.

And because back then, some people actually thought it was real stuff the real FBI was airing.

X-files is doing some nice ripping off of their own - for example "The Thing" inspired episode maybe 3 eps into the first season...

It's fun spotting all the familiar faces - Ryan Reynolds was in an ep for like 5 mins before meeting his demise.

And I'm into the latter part of the third season now - and despite all the weird and freaky shit Scully has seen and experienced so far, she still remains stubbornly sceptical about everything. Irritating.

And your right, she is hot.

Edited by TheMojorising

TBH I think I fucked it up.

Then I'd stop thinking. Too much thought usually fucks things up .

I've been fobbed off with an excuse. I fucked up.

I may cop flak for this but how many guys refer to it as "the hair dressers" - just curious.
I say hair dressers, for some reason the word barber makes me think of going to go have my beard shaved at the ol' timey red and white swirly pole store.

Posted Image

I personally don't use the the word "Barber" or "Hairdressers" - I just say "I'm off to get my haircut" and if they ask where I say "That place around the corner/at the shopping centre" etc

WOMM?

CTP insurance that I would need to get for the Hyundai before I go to the RTA to register the car, which I can only do this Saturday because I literally have no time this week to do so. Doesn't mean that I can't buy it when I'm home, I can do it online.

And I need to know if I need a Pink slip for it, and to see if the specific model of Hyundai only needs one reversing light. Which I won't be able to rectify if it does use both of them. Literally no time this week at all.

If it can't be fixed, no pink slip, no rego, no time to fix it another time. I'm fighting a uphill battle on a drenching mud hill.

Plus a wedding to go to on Saturday, got to get organised for that. Can't take time off this week to fix the Hyundai as we're understaffed and we're getting arse-raped as is...

(Seven calls tonight totaling two hours for one user)

call some one, CTP takes minutes. they just need your money and post code.

your registration papers will tell you specifcicaly if you need a Pink slip. if the car is over 3 years old, that would be a yes.

if you do not book for the pink, yes you find it hard to just rock up, you've left it too late.

There's no current rego papers that came wih the car, nobody will be open tomorrow to get it done, I can't take time off, I'm stuck in a rut with no way out with this. None that I can see anyway.

I've been stressed out at work tonight, and this just piles on top of it.

There was a transfer that started on Monday which there is a 14 day window to get to the RTA and get it done. I can't see it getting done at this time. And there's a two grand fine if it isn't done within the period.

Perfect. Just perfect.

EDIT: And considering the car was made in 1996, then a Pink Slip is definitely required.

you can do tranfers online, go to the RTA

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/reg...sfer/index.html

they just need your card and stuff. your VIN and engine numbers can be gotten from the car. you would have already checked those before purchasing.

you can get lucky and drop a car in on friday morning and pick it up at night. our local garrage allows the service station next door to handle that stuff, but i'm in the blue mountains and we're friendly like that. still leaves you with the need to get to an RTA sturday morning or drive unregistered and insured.

really, call a friend going to the wedding or see if you can get a car or a taxi, and drink a little and enjoy what is a good day. you seem like you do with a relax.

and to be sure

"Transferring and Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance

A vehicle's existing CTP insurance will be automatically transferred when the registration is transferred. You don't need to do anything about CTP insurance until the registration is due for renewal."

with that in mind, what day did/does it expire?

give her a minute, you do not know all of her activities.

your over thinking is bad for you

This I know, can't help it, it's built in.

Wow the atomic forums are pretty quiet these days. Does the magazine even exist anymore? Have we moved on to a post forum and magazine world?

they just need your card and stuff. your VIN and engine numbers can be gotten from the car. you would have already checked those before purchasing.

you can get lucky and drop a car in on friday morning and pick it up at night. our local garrage allows the service station next door to handle that stuff, but i'm in the blue mountains and we're friendly like that. still leaves you with the need to get to an RTA sturday morning or drive unregistered and insured.

really, call a friend going to the wedding or see if you can get a car or a taxi, and drink a little and enjoy what is a good day. you seem like you do with a relax.

and to be sure

A vehicle's existing CTP insurance will be automatically transferred when the registration is transferred. You don't need to do anything about CTP insurance until the registration is due for renewal."

The rego expires on Friday. I've got the VIN on the rego transfer form, which is $250. Cheapest CTP quote I got is from NRMA at $788, haven't factored in the Pink Slip cost yet. But my old man's coming down tomorrow to have a look at a few things.

But it looks like I'll have to foot the cost myself. Neither one will budge. Which isn't surprising.

I'm too tired to think about it now though.

So, I tell you to stop thinking, and you reply she's fobbed you off with an excuse. Like what I said to you was of no consequence ...

then meokitty comes along and says stuff with the same intent as me, and suddenly you know you over think shit !! :P

So, I tell you to stop thinking, and you reply she's fobbed you off with an excuse. Like what I said to you was of no consequence ...

then meokitty comes along and says stuff with the same intent as me, and suddenly you know you over think shit !! :P

I've always known I over think shit. The excuse fob off made it worse.

Situation update. Alcohol made me ask if I fucked up. She doesn't know if she's interested or not. Translation, not interested.

I fucked up. Single Malt come at me.

Wow the atomic forums are pretty quiet these days. Does the magazine even exist anymore? Have we moved on to a post forum and magazine world?

Nice to see you.

The mag no longer exists. It is now a subsection of PC Somethingorother.

The forums are... different... but its always nice to see some fresh faces.

Rob.

Situation update. Alcohol made me ask if I fucked up. She doesn't know if she's interested or not. Translation, not interested.

From what I've read if you had fucked up at all it was probably when you just asked her if you fucked up (and that's not certain thing either)

Don't think about it any more, if shes interested shes interested, if shes not shes not and if she's not interested, move on.

Just be relaxed and casual about the whole thing moving forward

Edited by TheMojorising

From what I've read if you had fucked up at all it was probably when you just asked her if you fucked up (and that's not certain thing either)

Don't think about it any more, if shes interested shes interested, if shes not shes not and if she's not interested, move on.

Just be relaxed and casual about the whole thing moving forward

What he ^^ says .

What happened to cravats and how can we bring them back?

Three chins, Two words, one name. Matt Preston.
This.

I thnk i've spent too much on Magic: the gathering allready this year, and i'm looking at spending minimum $100 more in the next 2 months. minimum.. ahh hobbys..

and to be sure

The rego expires on Friday. I've got the VIN on the rego transfer form, which is $250. Cheapest CTP quote I got is from NRMA at $788, haven't factored in the Pink Slip cost yet. But my old man's coming down tomorrow to have a look at a few things.

But it looks like I'll have to foot the cost myself. Neither one will budge. Which isn't surprising.

I'm too tired to think about it now though.

OMG, I ran a quote for a friend earlier tonight and QBE (?) was doing $515. google cpt calculator and see what you can get. AAMI did us $555.

yeah, you're a bit time poor atm.

OMG, I ran a quote for a friend earlier tonight and QBE (?) was doing $515. google cpt calculator and see what you can get. AAMI did us $555.

yeah, you're a bit time poor atm.

Just ran it on me, cheapest was $773. Expensive one was $788.07 from NRMA. All for 12 months.

All probably due to the fact that I'm under 25 and have less than two years driving experience.

EDIT: On another note, Lest we Forget.

Edited by krispy89

I thnk i've spent too much on Magic: the gathering allready this year, and i'm looking at spending minimum $100 more in the next 2 months. minimum.. ahh hobbys..

Buy a model plane and paint it.