Caelum

What's on your mind?

Right now, I'm on top of the world. In two days its all going to fall into a giant pile of shit.

Better enjoy it while I can.

'

Bipolar?

Different company. I'm walking into a shit storm this weekend, which is only going to be accentuated because the last few days have been pretty great.

'

Never take people for granted... I saw a mate at a concert a couple of nights ago and didn't even say hi because I was distracted by the pretty girl with me... That was the last time I'll ever see him.

You know that thing you've been putting off, thinking that its just going to blow up in your face, so you just keep delaying the inevitable?

Yeah, when you're finally pushed into dealing with that, it goes way worse than you thought.

'

Went to the gym yesterday and was feeling pretty good after I weighed myself. I've started dropping big numbers again after a month and a bit of small losses. That month was my own doing, I let my diet slip. Not too badly, but enough that I only lost 3kg in a month.

I was feeling good about myself, until this dude in some kind of ARMY operations T-Shirt walked in, put on an altitude mask and proceeded to work out harder that anyone I'd ever seen. I doubt professional athletes could match this guy for fitness/stamina. It was at once awe inspiring and totally degrading to be in the same room as someone so far removed from what I am now or will ever be.

So I started going harder, trying to at lest put in a slight fraction of the effort that this machine was putting out. Long story short, I had an epic work out but I woke up this morning with my back in spasm. Balls....

Never take people for granted... I saw a mate at a concert a couple of nights ago and didn't even say hi because I was distracted by the pretty girl with me... That was the last time I'll ever see him.

Just saw this now. Sorry for your loss, mate.

Bacon and eggs for brunch . It's become a Saturday Thing...mmmmmm

Sorry for your loss greycat.

So. New hard and fast rule. All chicks at the workplace are officially platonic/friendzone material by default. The company-ink shit just seems to end in catastrophe in a testosterone hive like this.

Edited by aquilus

So. New hard and fast rule. All chicks at the workplace are officially platonic/friendzone material by default. The company-ink shit just seems to end in catastrophe in a testosterone hive like this.

Yeah... big sign "DO NOT TOUCH".

Life can be is shit. Condolences.

Went to the gym yesterday and was feeling pretty good after I weighed myself. I've started dropping big numbers again after a month and a bit of small losses. That month was my own doing, I let my diet slip. Not too badly, but enough that I only lost 3kg in a month.

I was feeling good about myself, until this dude in some kind of ARMY operations T-Shirt walked in, put on an altitude mask and proceeded to work out harder that anyone I'd ever seen. I doubt professional athletes could match this guy for fitness/stamina. It was at once awe inspiring and totally degrading to be in the same room as someone so far removed from what I am now or will ever be.

So I started going harder, trying to at lest put in a slight fraction of the effort that this machine was putting out. Long story short, I had an epic work out but I woke up this morning with my back in spasm. Balls....

Don't automatically assume you could never reach that kind of level. Almost anyone can get insanely fit IF they're willing to expend the time and energy on doing it. Focus on the inspirational bit.

You know that thing you've been putting off, thinking that its just going to blow up in your face, so you just keep delaying the inevitable?

Yeah, when you're finally pushed into dealing with that, it goes way worse than you thought.

If you anticipate confrontation, it's pretty easy to avoid dealing with it lol. Sometimes it goes away by itself... sometimes not.

Don't let it get to you, the uber-fit people you see are oftentimes just as self conscious or more so than you'd expect. See army op dude as an example of fitness extreme, but setting his fitness level as your goal would be disadvantageous and wouldn't help in the short term. Set smaller goals that can be easily reached, and once you hit them, set another goal a bit ahead of that. Makes it so much easier to keep at it and stay motivated in the long term :)

This should be the other way around. Hes pushing himself to the limit there Its not about anyone else its all about him and his goals. You should be the same.

I'm all about me when I run my 5km's under 20mins I'm all about me when I dead lift 3x body weight Its all me Im going to fucking push myself until I make myself even better.

You feeling bad about yourself right now due to this guy is your old self telling you to give up. Tell It to fuck right off Its the weak you its the fat you Its the you that no longer exists.

That guy wearing the altitude mask should the embodiment of your inner self.

Edited by mudg3

Only just realied that there's a Toy and Games Expo at Sydney Olympic Park. And today's the last day.

Might pop around and see what the fus is about. Besides it would be a better way to spend the Sunday than just doing nothing around here...

Thank you for the condolences... Due to some interpersonal issues I decided not to go to the funeral tomorrow but luckily I'll be stuck at work all day to distract me.

Had a very raw and emotional talk with someone close to me. So WOMM is that being honest about feelings and shit like that fan work out for the best.

Just had a black coffee...not so bad, but I don't think I will make the switch permanently! (Can't have dairy at the moment)

It's about 10x more important to get coffee right when it's black, but when you get a nice drop, black coffee is great

It's about 10x more important to get coffee right when it's black, but when you get a nice drop, black coffee is great

I suspect you are correct! But I only have a day to live with this restriction (tomorrow is no food AND fluids) so I probably don't have time or inclination to get it right :)

Give it a try at a nice coffee place when you're out, sometimes you are pleasantly surprised

Give it a try at a nice coffee place when you're out, sometimes you are pleasantly surprised

True. I shall; why not? :)

Just had a black coffee...not so bad, but I don't think I will make the switch permanently! (Can't have dairy at the moment)

Once you get the taste for it, Stuub, you don't go back - coffee with milk tastes all kinds of wrong. Same with sugar once you've lost the craving for sweet.

Unless, of course, you have something like cappuccino. Treat those like 'iced coffee' drinks - they were never very much like actual coffee in the first place.

Once you get the taste for it, Stuub, you don't go back - coffee with milk tastes all kinds of wrong. Same with sugar once you've lost the craving for sweet.

Unless, of course, you have something like cappuccino. Treat those like 'iced coffee' drinks - they were never very much like actual coffee in the first place.

You may be right...but the cappuccino my cafe makes is pretty damn good! My typical daily intake is a Nescafe Espresso instant after breakfast...a small can of V mid-morning...and a cafe-made cappuccino sometime later in the day...

So, as you can see, I have no taste or class anyway! But I know enough to appreciate just how good that Real cappuccino is...

:)

You may be right...but the cappuccino my cafe makes is pretty damn good! My typical daily intake is a Nescafe Espresso instant after breakfast...a small can of V mid-morning...and a cafe-made cappuccino sometime later in the day...

You philistine! Every true energy drink aficionado drinks 28 black. It's flavoured with acai berries and all kinds of classy shit.

:P

You philistine! Every true energy drink aficionado drinks 28 black. It's flavoured with acai berries and all kinds of classy shit.

:P

Hmmm, if I actually see it for sale somewhere I will have to try it!

Checking my work emails on my last day off wasn't the smartest idea in the world :/

I wonder if I can still get a train out of town?