Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Caelum

What's on your mind?

Doesn't' Porsche make inline six engines? I might have NFI.

no... no you don't...

They are horizontally opposed engine's like subaru's

*Looks it up*

I have a new appreciation for Boxer/Flat engines

If only this happened with 'other' bits of info that were put fight infront of your nose like this.

sorry bud

:)

It's one of those arguments that can go on for ever fajw but in engineering terms it is quite possibly the most efficient way to build a reciprocating engine, in general up to six cylinders, don't know of an eight, could be wrong.

Cheers

1505 km from home, playing pool, a game I can't stand, with people I have absolutely nothing in common with, one of which is my father. Good times. Not. 6 more days of this shit.

Edited by disolusiond

Love inline 6's. Inherently balanced.

Indeed such a shame they are moving away from these engines though I am looking forward to what they do with the new M3 turbo charged inline 6 going to sound amazing.

Well with the death of Falcon, BMW is the only company I can think of still making them.

While I'm sure that the next M3/M4 engine will be outstanding, it's kind of a shame it won't be NA. The S54 engine was fucking epic. I had a mate who owned a E46 M3, and it felt like a hell of a lot more than 250kw.

Yep the S54 was amazing and still continues to be. I love my N52 though whilst its not as beastly as the S54 the N52 still does alright. I love the way that car feels.

This car alarm has been going off for so long that when it stopped i got all confused and wondered where it went

Sounds like a bummer time for your holiday disolusiond. Are you not independently mobile so's to go somewhere you'll enjoy ?

Havin' a lazy one today chores done and dusted ... Sunday bludge, nice :)

37 degrees in Tokyo. At least the humidity is a little lower today, around 50%. Everything I touch in my place is hot. I might not be here next summer...... but maybe I should forgo food for a week and buy an air conditioner instead.

Wow Komuso !... you must have really clean pores by now ? :P

/ I'm a female, pores matter .

Clean pores? Not sure... all seems the same. I woke up three times last night to shower and cool off, so I'm bathing more regularly anyway! I also have a gel pillow, and a gel filled sheet. Chill them in the freezer, switch between them each time I wake up, so I at least have something to cool me down.

I would swap places any time phatbeat. Cold weather is preferable for me, by far. Without AC there is just no escaping it.....

Yup, I know all about constant wake ups through the night :( but I had to google gell filled bed sheets.

I work in AC but do not live in it. Much prefer to not have AC at home, but that's just me.

Finally got around to putting ScummVM on my 10" tablet. Beneath a Steel Sky now installed and working. Bedtime gaming now sorted.

AD

Sounds like a bummer time for your holiday disolusiond. Are you not independently mobile so's to go somewhere you'll enjoy ?

Nah, left the car in Brisbane and flew up. Starting to get uncomfortably awkward now. Kind of depressing really, having nothing to say to your own father. Especially when he gets along with my half brother so well and I have to listen to them pal around on the phone every day, probably because he wasn't warped by growing up in the same hell hole as I did. Would be nice if there was some kind of relationship there but it just ain't going to happen. Just being around my dad puts me in a dark mood. There's a reason that this is the first time I've been here in over 5 years. You think I'd be over this shit being as I'm almost 40, but I'm not. My horrible childhood and subsequent relationship with my father are and always have been a constant anchor. Edited by disolusiond

Nah, left the car in Brisbane and flew up. Starting to get uncomfortably awkward now. Kind of depressing really, having nothing to say to your own father. Especially when he gets along with my half brother so well and I have to listen to them pal around on the phone every day, probably because he wasn't warped by growing up in the same hell hole as I did. Would be nice if there was some kind of relationship there but it just ain't going to happen. Just being around my dad puts me in a dark mood. There's a reason that this is the first time I've been here in over 5 years. You think I'd be over this shit being as I'm almost 40, but I'm not. My horrible childhood and subsequent relationship with my father are and always have been a constant anchor.

You get points for taking the trip to see him ... I don't.

So anyway you can still go out for the day or something, on your own I mean. it is your holiday.

Edited by eveln

Right now.... That I'm bloody glad our butcher is still alive after severing nerves, tendons and artery in his right forearm while break down a forequarter of beef. It's taken me a few days to actually deal with it well enough to be able to post about it, simply put, we saved his life. He was literally within 2 minutes of bleeding out and needed a full blood transfusion prior to emergency airlift to Perth (700km away).

Absolutely terrifying, so much blood so quickly!

I've just spoken to him and he's recovering nicely after surgery, although he has a bit of an infection in the wound which is being dealt with... I don't think the full impact has hit him yet, but myself and two other employees have had brains like mush since Wednesday morning.... It's a wierd feeling to know you've saved someone's life... Good... But wierd.

Right now.... That I'm bloody glad our butcher is still alive after severing nerves, tendons and artery in his right forearm while break down a forequarter of beef. It's taken me a few days to actually deal with it well enough to be able to post about it, simply put, we saved his life. He was literally within 2 minutes of bleeding out and needed a full blood transfusion prior to emergency airlift to Perth (700km away).

I've just spoken to him and he's recovering nicely after surgery, although he has a bit of an infection in the wound which is being dealt with... I don't think the full impact has hit him yet, but myself and two other employees have had brains like mush since Wednesday morning.... It's a wierd feeling to know you've saved someone's life... Good... But wierd.

Well done :) and great to see you around here

Well done :) and great to see you around here

Yup.. Still poke my head in from time to time when life and work allow :)

Guest xyzzy frobozz

It's a wierd feeling to know you've saved someone's life... Good... But wierd.

Yep.

Because even though you know you've done a good thing, you still would prefer that you didn't have to do it. For me, it also showed just how fucking fragile life is, and the reality of that is really pretty frightening.

But sounds like he was lucky that you were there. Well done and good on you!

Doesn't' Porsche make inline six engines? I might have NFI.

no... no you don't...

They are horizontally opposed engine's like subaru's

*Looks it up*

I have a new appreciation for Boxer/Flat engines

and Volks wagens. das peoples engine.

bit of fancyness to balance reciprocating mass.

well that's been a busy month. After tomorrow the only bit left will be the lawns and we need to wait a few weeks before starting on that.

Looking good!

It's a wierd feeling to know you've saved someone's life... Good... But wierd.

Yep.

Because even though you know you've done a good thing, you still would prefer that you didn't have to do it. For me, it also showed just how fucking fragile life is, and the reality of that is really pretty frightening.

But sounds like he was lucky that you were there. Well done and good on you!

Yeah not some I'd want to have to do again in a hurry, but I'd do it if I had to....

Geez Dev.....

I've heard of butchery accidents but I don't think anything even vaguely as severe as you describe. Horrible.

Cheers