Caelum

What's on your mind?

Sloe Gin ain't bad...

Especially with dry. I made this a thing at all my favourite bars.

I must try this...

...might stop me pining for more room in my life

Tuesday night, while changing my son's nappie.

He double kicked me like a Bruce Lee, just below the ribcage, dead centre....

I was nearly winded but finshed changing him. Later I had pains in the gut, just where he got me.

Went to the Doctors to have it checked out....

Found out the cartlidge that holds the breastbone has been damaged and will take about a week to heal :-(

I have had almost no sleep since Tuesday night due to the pain. Pain killers do not help.

Can not get angry at the Son, he was just excited and kicked, I just happened to be in the way.

Going to get the Missus to hit me with the biggest frypan tonight to make me sleep......

:)

Amazing the strength in those little legs huh Trigger?

My younger daughter kicked me clean across the room once in a similar situation but with less damage by the sound of it - sympathy.

Cheers

After a month of my internet constantly disconnecting, I got it sorted just over a week ago and have been so happy to have a stable internet connection.

As of this morning my disconnections are back :(

After a month of my internet constantly disconnecting, I got it sorted just over a week ago and have been so happy to have a stable internet connection.

Check my "what does all this stuff mean?" thread in the network and security area.

a feel for you.

Hope it's an easy fix

Edited by meowkitty

I'd give the ISP a call and see if there's anything on their end they can do to fix it. If they claim that everything's fine, see if you can get them to send a technician out to inspect the line.

After all, you are paying for a service that isn't working as intended. So you're entitled to get the ISP to send someone out.

My bad day was more a case of heavy duty moving in the house followed by a flight med that I scraped through - really must get this damned cataract seen to. I dislike meds at the best of times but finding out you can only just pass an eye test when you are used to perfect vision does not make for good temper ;)

Cheers

Well your in luck then C. No meds required, just a bit of F'all surgery and back to brighter vision. Glaucoma now, not what you'd be thrilled about.

Ed: Spelling monster strikes again.

Edited by Elfarch

For the first time ever, my car is broken down.

The temperature was fluctuating a little on the way to work this morning, and when I checked under the hood at lunch time, the coolant reservoir is full of foam. I didn't check the dipstick, but if it's the head gasket like I suspect, then the oil will probably be cloudy too.

I can't get it to Ford until Tuesday now.

AAAARRghhhhhhh!!!!!

Make sure you kick up a stink until your ISP gives you a month's payment off. They weren't providing a service, why should you pay? A physical letter to the CEO and CoB can work wonders if you can't get any joy with the support staff.

Make sure you kick up a stink until your ISP gives you a month's payment off. They weren't providing a service, why should you pay? A physical letter to the CEO and CoB can work wonders if you can't get any joy with the support staff.

Also tell them you'll take it to the TIO.

ISPs are cunts, Telstra are cunts, make them pay for their cuntery by any means available.

also, that the petrol tanker crash/fire on mona vale rd the other day was within a few hundred meters of the site of a truck going into a child care centre over a decade ago.

can't find any news of trucks older than 3 days....damn it.

Also tell them you'll take it to the TIO.

ISPs are cunts, Telstra are cunts, make them pay for their cuntery by any means available.

Thanks guys. I'm with iiNet. It took 6 Telstra tech visits to fix the problem the first time. Every time I was worried I would be charged if they didn't find a problem.

I've also just realised I have no dial tone on my landline. I phoned iinet this morning and did some rubbish troubleshooting, then the lady asked if she can call me back after she does some tests. Said she would be about 5 minutes. Never heard back. Sigh..

Yuck! :-( Sounds remarkably similar to our Internet connection here at home. We'll get drop-outs leading up to extended periods of disconnection and shithouse sync speeds at the best of times. We're with Internode, who have been amazing at helping us (and not making us do too much bullshit troubleshooting, instead opting to talk to us like technical people and helping us out with Telstra). So far this year, we've been offline at home for 50% of the time. This includes our home phone line. This is what usually happens when we report a fault: we call Internode, who help us jump through the right hoops and troubleshoot as best we all can. When that inevitably fails, they arrange for a tech to come out and have a look. When the tech locates the source of the issue as a Telstra issue out in the street, Internode escalate it to Telstra. Telstra send someone out to apply a fix. Internet connection comes back. Then we simply wait until we have another fault, after which we repeat the above process.

We've been told there's a permanent fault 200m down the road from us, and whilst Telstra do come out to apply temporary fixes when we report a fault, we've been told (by Telstra) that they won't be applying a permanent fix. The constant drop-outs, weeks of disconnection and poor sync speeds are what we're going to have to deal with. Also, hereby let it be known that Internode have been great in offering us credit for the months where we were offline. Internode have been brilliant. This is not an attack on them :-)

Sucks, man. It really, truly sucks. Is there any way you can follow it up a bit with iiNet at all, kinda like what I've outlined above? I'm already frustrated for you because I know a little how you feel! :-(

:)

Not all ISPs are cunts, however if you happen to be with Dodo.. good luck :)

I will not defend T$ in any way shape or form, I SOMETIMES get good results, but only by pulling strings.

We just moved, our connection was a bit iffy, with ii. I guess I probably broke some bloody silly reg but went and found the house entry, must be 20 years old, bloody mess.

Re-termed the property cabling, suddenly it's fine :)

I think I'm certified to do that, but who knows? Either way, happy now :)

Re my eyes, yeah I know, just I do not like my eyes being messed with, it will be next month with a guy I trust, earliest I could get in.

Cheers

Yuck! :-( Sounds remarkably similar to our Internet connection here at home. We'll get drop-outs leading up to extended periods of disconnection and shithouse sync speeds at the best of times. We're with Internode, who have been amazing at helping us (and not making us do too much bullshit troubleshooting, instead opting to talk to us like technical people and helping us out with Telstra). So far this year, we've been offline at home for 50% of the time. This includes our home phone line. This is what usually happens when we report a fault: we call Internode, who help us jump through the right hoops and troubleshoot as best we all can. When that inevitably fails, they arrange for a tech to come out and have a look. When the tech locates the source of the issue as a Telstra issue out in the street, Internode escalate it to Telstra. Telstra send someone out to apply a fix. Internet connection comes back. Then we simply wait until we have another fault, after which we repeat the above process.

We've been told there's a permanent fault 200m down the road from us, and whilst Telstra do come out to apply temporary fixes when we report a fault, we've been told (by Telstra) that they won't be applying a permanent fix. The constant drop-outs, weeks of disconnection and poor sync speeds are what we're going to have to deal with. Also, hereby let it be known that Internode have been great in offering us credit for the months where we were offline. Internode have been brilliant. This is not an attack on them :-)

Sucks, man. It really, truly sucks. Is there any way you can follow it up a bit with iiNet at all, kinda like what I've outlined above? I'm already frustrated for you because I know a little how you feel! :-(

I will be calling iiNet today. I'm not happy that the lady never called me back. Up until now they have been very good. Much better than Telstra. And it's not their fault that I'm having disconnections.

I signed up with them a bit over a month ago and since day 1 I've had the disconnections. It's awful, because I've gone from having 116mb on speedtest from Telstra cable with no problems, to moving into this place and getting about 3mb on speedtest with a really unstable connection. When the last tech came and "fixed" the problem it was so exciting!

I will be demanding some form of compensation as I can't even play online games for fear of disconnects. I usually hotspot my phone because it's faster and more stable.

Chrisg, re., the eyes.

Ask for a mallet job i.e., GA if it really bugs you. Since you passed everything else in the med it shouldn't be a prob. They don't like to do them these days since it isn't needed but will if the idea of a local really freaks you out.

Phobias, whatsha gonna do? ;{)

;)

Yeah my eye surgeon, whom I know quite well, fixed my wife's detached retina a couple of years ago, is not inclined to use generals.

I trust him implicitly but you are right, it is a phobia.

Cheers

I should know better than to take months of from exercise, and I should really know better than to go to hard after taking months off. Hematuria, yay a trip to the doctors to make sure it's nothing serious.

I should know better than to take months of from exercise, and I should really know better than to go to hard after taking months off. Hematuria, yay a trip to the doctors to make sure it's nothing serious.

Ahem. Just having that is serious - it shouldn't happen. The question is whether or not the body will repair it fast/at all, or if it needs intervention to fix.

Here's hoping it's a self-repair thing, and doesn't inconvenience you for long.