Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Caelum

What's on your mind?

I have NOT changed camps.

Alas, the poor classic Falcon with but 220,000 km on the clock. #5 and #6 cylinders have died, just too much to fix and it's becoming a money pit in general.

So, just picked up a Berlina with about 15,000 less on the clock. It'll cost slightly more to run but hopefully won't become a drain on my wallet.

Was nearly gonna chuck a wobbler at the staff in the chemist. I put my script in and their is a notice of a 1 hour wait for concession holders ,this had me worried. So i went back at 45mins to see if my script is ready ,and the staff member looked me in eye and said "NO". So i ask why she points to my slip and says "9:30 you put in and i cannot check until 10:30" ,wtf. She did not even check the baskets to see if my script was processed at all ,she just kept staring at me. So i said "Fine i have a Bus to Catch." ,so i did. If i waited i would have missed my bus and needed to wait for another 30mins. So i have just enough meds to keep me going for 3-4 days after that just hope my heart is ok, my BP hits roof fast.

I only go out once a week as i have problems ,so i have to wait until next friday now. One thing i cannot stand is rudeness and laziness.

I wouldn't use them. Go to another chemist mate.

Was nearly gonna chuck a wobbler at the staff in the chemist. I put my script in and their is a notice of a 1 hour wait for concession holders ,this had me worried. So i went back at 45mins to see if my script is ready ,and the staff member looked me in eye and said "NO". So i ask why she points to my slip and says "9:30 you put in and i cannot check until 10:30" ,wtf. She did not even check the baskets to see if my script was processed at all ,she just kept staring at me. So i said "Fine i have a Bus to Catch." ,so i did. If i waited i would have missed my bus and needed to wait for another 30mins. So i have just enough meds to keep me going for 3-4 days after that just hope my heart is ok, my BP hits roof fast.

I only go out once a week as i have problems ,so i have to wait until next friday now. One thing i cannot stand is rudeness and laziness.

I wouldn't use them. Go to another chemist mate.

Problem is this chain is taking over all chemists.

Absolutely love Sony being in damage control after this went to air:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/myfiles_zeletron/five.mp4

TLDR: Child "Genius" gets choice of Sony Tablet or a Puzzle Globe of the world as a prize. Chooses puzzle over tablet, casually mentions that family are getting an iPad for Christmas.

Sony initiates damage control, and starts to claim copyright over segment in apparent bid to contain situation.

I'm an android dev and even I would take the puzzle over that tablet. Probably has higher resale value too.

Not to mention that it'll last longer than the tablet as well...

Did you ask them why?

Strange day today.

Tomorrow we get to vote for our first Local Council since de-amalgamation.

Did you ask them why?

Not sure really why? But they have to ring up for Authorisation on scripts that have Concession and such ,before they had a computer that could do it faster. So i am guessing either computer is down or their Network is down. This happened on my last visit too ,but not as bad. The local Chemist which is owned by same chain is fine as my father uses them. Its just this place i think.

Had an afternoon filled with ennui - didn't feel like watching any of the excellent movies in my collection, and tv was filled with crap... So, I ended up 'watching' (more like glancing at between reading web pages) a couple of those "Next Top Model" things.

Holy Batshit, Madman! If that stuff is even slightly representative of the modelling and fashion industry*, it's a fucking miracle that anyone has any clothes to wear.

(*And I think it is at least slightly, given that my sister was involved with it a bit - until she decided it was a nest of poisonous bitches and lechers.)

42 inch plasma for free. screen and inputs fine. sound broken. I have external speakers.

sweet as. amused to note that tv is soniq brand but if you look through the heat grill Samsung stickers are on everything.

regardless brand, it was the right price.

AD

I know proving the obvious is hardly earth shattering, but my recent bout of cooking for the family has shown me that everything IS better with bacon.

:)

Thanks for the reminder Mac, I nearly forgot to get some bacon out for a pizza I'm making when it cools down.

That very much OMM, going to bake it in my new Weber Q, first time I've ever tried to use a BBQ as a pizza oven :)

Cheers

Whoever genetically modifies pigs to produce vitamin enritched bacon should receive the Nobel peace prize. Bonus marks if they can do it with stem cells and bypass the breeding/culling of pigs.

42 inch plasma for free. screen and inputs fine. sound broken. I have external speakers.

sweet as. amused to note that tv is soniq brand but if you look through the heat grill Samsung stickers are on everything.

regardless brand, it was the right price.

AD

I think Soniq is a JB brand, similar to Senzu and yeah, I was told the same thing, they mostly use Samsung parts, its the software that really lets them down, still, 42" for free is awesome, is it FullHD?

Thanks for the reminder Mac, I nearly forgot to get some bacon out for a pizza I'm making when it cools down.

That very much OMM, going to bake it in my new Weber Q, first time I've ever tried to use a BBQ as a pizza oven :)

Cheers

I've heard they do a great job, especially if you have a pizza stone to put in there.

Hey Nuke.

It's STILL 37 degrees in Perth so am putting it off until Tuesday (tomorrow is anniversary so going out for dinner.)

I don't have a stone yet, they seem a good idea but someone has promised me one for Christmas :)

I've not used my old perforated pizza pie maker in quite a while but I'm thinking in the Q with a bit of lift to put the tray well up in the hood for best heat circulation I should get the same result as in an oven, which is to say very good. Still been thinking on best way to raise it - was going to be a triangle of upturned oven-proof terrines, the pros just use washed out cans apparently.

However being I have a day or so to get better organised I think I might just get a couple of small clean bricks whilst we collect a few cans, see which is better.

Interesting little BBQ, I still like my kettle but kettles are something best used for a big meal. This thing heats up in 10 minutes, is very easy to clean and seems to cook most anything

The really interesting part is that it's actually cheaper to run than a mains gas oven these days :)

Stay tuned, I'll post a pic once I get it done :)

Cheers

Can't wait for exams to be over so I can leave the city for summer, it's already to hot for me and it'll only get worse.

Just recently found out who killed JFK.

Yeah?

The inept SS guy in the car behind?

Quite plausible actually.

Cheers

I like for things to be spectacular, and when they aren't I feel like I've failed. Ok isn't ok with me. I'll either go completely over the top with something, or not do it at all. Some days I wake up lacking the thing in my brain that makes me happy. I don't think its depression, its just that on certain days its just hard for me to look out to the world and think that its anything more than mediocre. Today was a day like that.

Until about 6 minutes ago when I saw this:

Now today is an pretty good day. Everyday should be a pretty fucking spectacular day when you think about it.

'

I have NOT changed camps.

Alas, the poor classic Falcon with but 220,000 km on the clock. #5 and #6 cylinders have died, just too much to fix and it's becoming a money pit in general.

So, just picked up a Berlina with about 15,000 less on the clock. It'll cost slightly more to run but hopefully won't become a drain on my wallet.

Welcome to team red!