Caelum

What's on your mind?

Brussels sprouts, as with broccoli and other brassicas

I didn't know that about the anticancer properties. So just like medicine what's good for you tastes like utter crap.

But... I like broccoli!

And I'm told brussel sprouts can be very nice roasted - with butter and a little salt.

You're told that are you ? :)

I've had them boiled, steamed, and roasted . Never did they taste delicious. This due mainly because they always seemed to turn to a mushy green Yuk. Obviously overcooked.

And I'm told brussel sprouts can be very nice roasted - with butter and a little salt.

Indeed. The guy who tells me that is a pretty decent cook, too. Brussel sprouts are, however, brussel sprouts - I find myself unwilling to risk it. ;)

I have never really liked brussel sprouts. I do know they are not that nice raw, which came from me being lazy and not wanting to cook vegetables. I simply snapped off some broccoli, grabbed a couple of carrots and a handful of brussel sprouts and threw them on my plate along with my steak or whatever I had. They're really hard, makes them difficult to eat.

I didn't know that about the anticancer properties. So just like medicine what's good for you tastes like utter crap.

But... I like broccoli!

I've had them boiled, steamed, and roasted . Never did they taste delicious. This due mainly because they always seemed to turn to a mushy green Yuk. Obviously overcooked.

No, no, no.

Halved, fried in oil with salt until lightly browned/carmelised and sprinkled with parmesan.

You're welcome.

Edited by tantryl

Why am I still awake at 5.50am. For the second night in a row. Sigh...

Why am I still awake at 5.50am. For the second night in a row. Sigh...

Oh, another for the insomnia train, eh? Welcome aboard! You don't need a ticket.

Likes the fact that a second lass in as many days thinks I have nice arms.

Any more of this and I'll become a vain son of a bitch.

Oh, another for the insomnia train, eh? Welcome aboard! You don't need a ticket.

You're welcoming me aboard? I'm the flamin' conductor!

Nah I'm not an insomniac really. Well not too much. Just that I have some very unhealthy working habits when life gets busy. I don't like losing out on personal time to work things, so I just keep trimming hours from my sleep until I go without completely. I'm sure it's ever so healthy for me.....

:)

Insomnia is a sickness I've suffered all my life - you get used to it - has its uses :)

What am I thinking?

That I'm tired of being sick, for the first time in a very long time, that I need to make some 'phone calls and do not have the energy to do so and that I'd better go shave and shower because I feel like a hobo - part of the sickness and I need to decide what the hell we are feeding my step-daughter this evening :)

Cheers

Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive, and basic maintenance skills should be mandatory.

This thought was brought to you by attempting to fix my sisters wreck, just remember kids, if you put chemi weld in a radiator you have to drop it out after half an hour or you Will. Fuck. Everything.

But... I like broccoli!

No, no, no.

Halved, fried in oil with salt until lightly browned/carmelised and sprinkled with parmesan.

You're welcome.

This, exactly.

It's what i had last night, they were fantastic. I always hated them as a kid, but cooked *right*, they're fine. Good even.

You are all demented IN THE HEAD. Brussel sprouts are not good. Ever. If you disagree, you are wrong and very likely a terrible person.

Nachos buffalo wings beer then boobs

I prescribe Hooters to you.

That place is awesome.

NO YOU

I hate you and god hates you too.

OMFG. You are making an exciting career of being wrong.

God loves me. It's only Jesus that hates me.

Edited by i_am_banned2

NO YOU

Reported

I must be weird ( which would hardly surprise many around here :) ) but I've always loved them, but only with a roast and gravy - not quite sure I could handle raw. Makes it interesting- my wife is not a fan of roasts :)

Kinda changed the diet around here - never makes much difference to me, I just like food, but a bit of beef doesn't go astray - that's ok, I go out for that :)

What's on my mind right now? Trying to decide if the cat might like a wrestle- I think he'd win , down, down with the sickness :)

Cheers

NO YOU

Posted Image

I must be weird ( which would hardly surprise many around here :) ) but I've always loved them, but only with a roast and gravy - not quite sure I could handle raw. Makes it interesting- my wife is not a fan of roasts :)

Kinda changed the diet around here - never makes much difference to me, I just like food, but a bit of beef doesn't go astray - that's ok, I go out for that :)

What's on my mind right now? Trying to decide if the cat might like a wrestle- I think he'd win , down, down with the sickness :)

Cheers

Haha, I wrestle my cat all the time, Male cats love getting roughed up, huge change from all the females I've owned.

And in reference to the original question:

Sigh. Work tomorrow. But I've got a fun thing to do in the evening. Taking my boy to a fish shop where the Marine Aquarium Society of Australia (Orphan Group) is having it's meeting. With prizes and demonstrations. My boy loves his fishies.

I'm thinking I'll have a light beer about now.

I'm thinking I need to get the washing in.

I'm glad that I've got dinner 'sorted'. Just needs to be cooked. Got it all together. It's a stirfry. So no effort later.

Things are pretty good all things considered.

AD

I'm thinking that I hate clients. Life would be so much easier if I didn't have to have them.

Nothing like having a client change their mind about what the desired project outcome was after the project has been completed. Written correspondence outlines exactly what the agreed brief was so no problem there, but I really do struggle with writing a nice polite email setting them straight rather than simply beating them around the ears with "you stupid idiot, here is your written project brief and it doesn't cover any of the items you now say you were hoping for".

A new book arrived in the mail today - "People Buy You: The real secret to what matters most in business". Maybe I should give it a read before I reply lol.

I'm thinking that I hate clients. Life would be so much easier if I didn't have to have them.

Nothing like having a client change their mind about what the desired project outcome was after the project has been completed. Written correspondence outlines exactly what the agreed brief was so no problem there, but I really do struggle with writing a nice polite email setting them straight rather than simply beating them around the ears with "you stupid idiot, here is your written project brief and it doesn't cover any of the items you now say you were hoping for".

A new book arrived in the mail today - "People Buy You: The real secret to what matters most in business". Maybe I should give it a read before I reply lol.

Unfortunately though, without clients, most, if not all of us, would not have a job.

At the moment, I'm thinking that the hormonal changes in a pregnant woman, are....

Well. If you know, then you are aware, if not, good luck in future.