Caelum

What's on your mind?

The smell of brown basmati rice cooking is doing my head in .

What does it smell like? I have always loved the smell of cooking Long Grain Rice it smells refreshing.

The smell of brown basmati rice cooking is doing my head in .

What does it smell like? I have always loved the smell of cooking Long Grain Rice it smells refreshing.

Best thing to do is try it. Seriously.

No Gender December: An important message mostly discredited because the organisers chose to use a tenuous appeal to emotion, when a straight forward education would have engaged a wider audience.

No Gender December: An important message mostly discredited because the organisers chose to use a tenuous appeal to emotion, when a straight forward education would have engaged a wider audience.

Never heard of it. Who's initiative is it? What are the supposed requirements?

Never heard of it. Who's initiative is it? What are the supposed requirements?

Campaign by Greens senator Larissa Waters to encourage parents to buy gender neutral toys for Christmas. One of the main reason people are writing it off is because the message they chose to launch with was that gendered toys lead to domestic violence against women.

• Like 1

1988, $1.1 billion, and it needs the roof fixed already. That's a pretty fucken' terrible ROI. Who did that job anyway - Bob the Builder?

26 years isn't really that terrible for a roof depending on 'factors™'

26 years isn't really that terrible for a roof depending on 'factors™'

Hmpf. My last house had the same roof for 48 years and no intervention was required. (flat, galvanised decking) At the point we sold up, it was starting to need some cosmetic attention to the 'barge boards' - the wooden facia planking around the outside edge, behind the guttering. That pollies' palace is turfed as well, so not subject to the elements we had.

huh. I didn't even realise no ender december was a Greens thing - thought it appeared in my feed from overseas sources.

The only people I've seen rubbish it on social media are people who think that gender roles are nonsense (and privelege, and other things of the sort)

Trying to get life back on track - 6 steps forward, 5 back. But hey that's progress yes?

Either that or square dancing.

-X

I wonder what Christmas would be like without a Turkey? Or a Leg of Ham ? Or Even no presents ?

This sounds like me. Old Age setting in. Just having a cold chicken for xmas lunch and a glass of cordial ,sounds like a Salvation Army Lunch.

Just got an email of acceptance to do a PhD at Melbourne University. Now waiting on scholarship confirmation to see if I can put a cake under the cherry

• Like 9

Just got an email of acceptance to do a PhD at Melbourne University. Now waiting on scholarship confirmation to see if I can put a cake under the cherry

Gratz mate ,i hope you get one.

• Like 1

I bought a Fossil messenger bag for when I start work next month. I was told they were high quality. Taking it out of its package revealed the most garbage thing I've ever spent hundreds of dollars on. Thin and light 'genuine leather', no padding on the strap, no padding inside the bag within the laptop section, handle stitched to the rear makes it hard to carry when loaded. Too many fashionistas recommending junk with no idea what quality looks like. But yay for free returns!

Aaaand I just got news that I passed all my final courses, and I can finally graduate! Woo!

• Like 6

I bought a Fossil messenger bag for when I start work next month. I was told they were high quality. Taking it out of its package revealed the most garbage thing I've ever spent hundreds of dollars on. Thin and light 'genuine leather', no padding on the strap, no padding inside the bag within the laptop section, handle stitched to the rear makes it hard to carry when loaded. Too many fashionistas recommending junk with no idea what quality looks like. But yay for free returns!

Aaaand I just got news that I passed all my final courses, and I can finally graduate! Woo!

Gratz Mate

• Like 1

Two lots of congrats :)

I had a look at those Fossil bags not long ago on behalf of someone - can't say I was impressed either Cyb3r.

Bags are just one of those things that I always find better to go compare in a shop, DJs do Fossil and a bunch of others.

Cheers

• Like 1

Two lots of congrats :)

I had a look at those Fossil bags not long ago on behalf of someone - can't say I was impressed either Cyb3r.

Bags are just one of those things that I always find better to go compare in a shop, DJs do Fossil and a bunch of others.

Cheers

I was hoping to avoid the Christmas nightmare at the malls. I think I'm better off importing something anyway.

:)

Can't speak for where you are but the shops here have not been at all busy so far.

Cheers

Nice work ! :)

Back in the day Fossil sold gimmick watches and shit . I would not expect their product to have improved much in quality.

Your researching is faulty. :)

You and komuso should get together for a shindig to celebrate. Congratulations to both of you :)

:)

Can't speak for where you are but the shops here have not been at all busy so far.

Cheers

No, xmas isn't happening this year

• Like 1

Back in the day Fossil sold gimmick watches and shit . I would not expect their product to have improved much in quality.

Your researching is faulty. :)

You and komuso should get together for a shindig to celebrate. Congratulations to both of you :)

Ha yeah, I was wary of the advice I was getting, which is why I bought it from a place that offers free returns (as in they pay for the return postage). I just didn't expect it to be so woeful for a $450AUD RRP.

"W00+!" for both of you! :) Scholars R Atomic, apparently. ;)

• Like 1