Caelum

What's on your mind?

Back in the day Fossil sold gimmick watches and shit . I would not expect their product to have improved much in quality.

Your researching is faulty. :)

You and komuso should get together for a shindig to celebrate. Congratulations to both of you :)

Ha yeah, I was wary of the advice I was getting, which is why I bought it from a place that offers free returns (as in they pay for the return postage). I just didn't expect it to be so woeful for a $450AUD RRP.

Not wary enough ! :D

If you want leather, design your own and visit a saddler for construction.

• Like 1

After much posturing I think it is fair to say that I am an alcoholic..

I used to think the same, except now I think it's just my liver that's an alcoholic.

• Like 3

It's computer upgrade day! Well, more like a sidegrade, but still....new shinys :D

i5 4690K, ASUS ROG Hero and ASUS GTX980 Strix coming my way :)

• Like 1

After much posturing I think it is fair to say that I am an alcoholic..

I used to think the same, except now I think it's just my liver that's an alcoholic.

I like your thinking

Trying to remember a movie, never seen it.

It is about a man who has no emotional contact with anyone or anything until a lady enters his life.

I remember one part of the movie advertisement, he shoves a fork into his leg and just goes "See, no reaction"

Starting to drive me nuts, must be getting old, forgetting things.

I don't understand how PewDiePie can get 30 million subscribers. That's just fucking stupid, all of his subscribers are fucking stupid. Seriously if I had an Armageddon button that alone would be enough to make me push it.

In other new get the fuck off my lawn.

• Like 2

I don't understand how PewDiePie can get 30 million subscribers. That's just fucking stupid, all of his subscribers are fucking stupid. Seriously if I had an Armageddon button that alone would be enough to make me push it.

dude they broke youtue with I dunno some pretty inglorious shit.. would have been better if the world ended

fucken

edit;

get fuck off my green

Edited by Betzie

I had a lot of fun during my heavy-drinking years, but the charm does wear off after a while.

You should come out more!

Finally got Sims 4 working again after upgrading pretty much everything except the CPU/mobo/RAM in this box. Stupid Easy Transfer settings nonsense.

I had a read of http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/02/18/the-biblical-view-thats-younger-than-the-happy-meal/ yesterday. I wonder if this transformation paralleled the move from different denominations stopping some of the in-fighting and all becoming a united 'Christian' front against the dreaded atheists and etc?

Im totes going to crah tackle Nicih when i find him a random meet

Gunna policice dive on ur arse boy

Was an interesting weekend for me which all started at my office Christmas party on Friday night.

Mistakenly told someone in our office that there was this CitySwoon Speed-Dating Train happening the following night, and she was so insistent on signing me up (She even had her husband (From the US) egging me on about it). So naturally, I signed up on the night.

The event itself yesterday was pretty good, drinks on the platform before the event started, and there were about 1,500 people that turned up.

My dates were varied and interesting, there were two that I thought were good to talk to.

Didn't go in with any real expectations, so I can't say that I'm disappointed overall. May do it again in the future though...

• Like 1

We had our first storm of the season last night .Thunder, Lightning, and thank fuck finally some rain. I doubt it would have matched up to

the pics I saw yesterday on the news from NSW and surrounds, but it was a novel event for me here just the same.

Hey Krispy ... did no one try to stop the train !, to get away ? :P

Day trip to Sydney for Ikea yesterday. Started at 7:15am (Out of bed). On the road by 8:30am (This included getting a 5 yr old ready, and dressed and dropped off at grandparents house and settled). Drive to Sydney. Ikea shopping trip. Lunch (SWEDISH MEATBALLS! ) buy everything. Pack into car. 6pm DINNER! (SWEDISH MEATBALLS!!!!!) And drive home. The rain was so bad we were often having to go at 80km/h on highway or the rain hit the windscreen so much we couldn't see. 90km/h was bearable. 80km/h felt safe.

10:30pm. Home. Son delivered by grandparents. And everyone to bed.

Today: Ikea assembly. Got cabinets and shelves. Our storage plan is slowly trotting along.

Best of all? We got what we needed. Came in under budget (including picking up knick-knacks whilst there). Got some Christmas shopping done.

All up a good fun trip.

And next year Canberra gets an Ikea. WHEEEE!!!

AD

• Like 1

And next year Canberra gets an Ikea. WHEEEE!!!

IKEA want to build a huge store in Mt Gambier, too. They have fucken' rocks in their heads. The place has more furniture retail than it can deal with already; putting in a new one is not only going to be a constant loss to them, but going to severely hurt the local businesses already here - which will in turn break the local economy, meaning nobody will be using their store at all.

^That, btw, is not mere speculation, but a direct extrapolation. This place had about as much hardware and garden supplies as it could deal with... Then a huge Masters and Woolies complex went in. Now all the hardware places are struggling.

• Like 1

IKEA in Mount Gambier that is so insane ,where are the workers coming from? Victoria?

My father went to his RSL Xmas lunch today that is 3 Xmas Lunches this year ,man am i aggro. And i get 1 lunch for Xmas day a crappy ham and roast chicken.

Canberra has a couple of overpriced 'Ikea-esque' stores.

(Freedom Furniture etc). They sell chipboard type furniture you assemble yourself. A bookshelf from these places cost 2 - 3x as much as Ikea for similar quality. These places will struggle. I am not disappointed. They sell themselves as premium. They're chipboard junk. Ikea is the same. I list and class it as chipboard junk, but at least their prices much more resemble chipboard junk.

AD

I honestly found PewDiePie to be really obnoxious and inmature in his sense of humour and personality. I just cringe when I listen to him commentate with sheer beastiality on his gameplay. I can't believe he out of all the wonderful youtubers out there is #1. I just hope most of the subscribers are kids. I sincerely hope that.

I guess I'm just fussy.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Finally finished a small commissioned project I've been working on the the last couple of weeks:

jMB3vwm.jpg

Stabilised IR and EO imager. Mix of custom, commercial, and 3D printed components. 300g, stable down to a resolution of ~0.07° using two IMUs (one for the sensor, another for the frame). ~360m man identification range for the IR sensor base on Johnson's criteria under ideal conditions. EO sensor works down to 0.01 Lux (reasonable amount of moonlight), but is limited to VGA resolution.

Bit of a shame to be selling the IP, as the design turned out rather nicely.

• Like 4

Now that is a damn fine piece of kit, Tasty! Very schmick indeed. I want one. : )

Finally finished a small commissioned project I've been working on the the last couple of weeks:

jMB3vwm.jpg

Stabilised IR and EO imager. Mix of custom, commercial, and 3D printed components. 300g, stable down to a resolution of ~0.07° using two IMUs (one for the sensor, another for the frame). ~360m man identification range for the IR sensor base on Johnson's criteria under ideal conditions. EO sensor works down to 0.01 Lux (reasonable amount of moonlight), but is limited to VGA resolution.

Bit of a shame to be selling the IP, as the design turned out rather nicely.

Why the hell would you sell the IP on that. That looks bloody amazing.

• Like 1

I need the money to bootstrap development of other components, and the features mean it's controlled under International Traffic in Arms Regulations, which carries an absurd amount of paperwork and liability if I wanted to sell it through my business. I would have preferred not to, but it seemed like the logical choice given my need for funding.

Edited by tastywheat
  • Like 2

I'm personally wondering where all the pretentious arseholes who used to "dominate" this forum have gone to. So I can avoid those places.