Caelum

What's on your mind?

Child 3.0 had a trial void yesterday and it wasn't successful, watching our youngest beg to have a catheter put back in is not a pleasant experience. It's been 4 weeks since his surgery, while the wounds have healed nicely, the lack of bladder and bowel control has my wife and I questioning whether we've done the right thing by him.

I guess our only consolation is that the lack of nerve cluster down the left of his spine means the right side has to take up all the slack and it could just be a case of them not having recovered sufficiently yet (4weeks) Oh well urology at RCH have taken him over and hopefully they will have a plan, he has an appointment with his surgeon on the 21st of Jan (really want the all clear for him to be able to run jump etc) then we are back there on the 27th for the spina bifida clinic.

Today we front the hoards gathered at the supermarket to battle for our xmas goodies, then we have a tip run planned what a fun way to spend Xmas eve.

My I'm a morose bastard today.

Be safe everyone, hope your holidays are filled with the company of those closest to you.

Wishing you and yours all the best dude.

OMM

In the true spirit of Christmas I'd like to watch what is obviously the best Christmas movie ever made tonight.

Open the Blu Ray case and it's not there.

Who the fuck stole my copy of Die Hard?

Child 3.0 had a trial void yesterday

My I'm a morose bastard today.

Be safe everyone, hope your holidays are filled with the company of those closest to you.

Sounds like you had a pretty good excuse, man. :/

Best wishes to you and yours, dude. I hope that things improve in rapid order.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the best wishes, 3.0 is coping very well he's quite resilient in that regard it like water off a ducks back, it's xmas so no excuse for being morose or does that give one every excuse?

Hey ReapermanRS our traditional xmas move is A Muppet Christmas Carol.

Also who the fuck wakes up at 5.30am knowing they can't open any presents until everyone in the house is up, Child 2.0 does, that's who! Now he should know that unless he wants to wrestle a man eating dragon he will let his older brother sleep a reasonable amount of hours, this particular teenager doesn't appear to like mornings, then there is Mother she who will go on a murderous rampage if her nice morning sleep in is disturbed, there is hope as sleep ins are reserved for weekend so he may have found a loop hole, child 3.0 wont care about the time because presents.

because it's xmas I'd like to share our family's favourite yuletide carol

• Like 1

As a wee lad I woke up really early one Christmas morning and thought all the presents under the tree were mine, so I started opening all of them. Mum had wrapped odd ornaments from around the house just for the sake of having more things under the tree. I remember thinking that I didn't really need them. I didn't need bottles of perfume either. I opened up some pyjamas that had a motorcycle print that Mum had bought for my cousin which I had also wanted, so I ran cheering into my parents bedroom and showed them the pyjamas I had been given. They went wtf, went into the lounge room and found torn open presents. My grandparents were called downstairs and everyone had a go at me with the belt until my voice was hoarse. Mine was the only present I hadn't opened.

• Like 2

Lame - not that I'm a fan of pricks with more money than they know what to do with racing sailing boats around, but it would be sort of nice if 7 could have bothered covering more than the first 90 minutes of the Sydney to Hobart race.

It's not like having a couple of chase boats and choppers to provide maybe an hour or two extra coverage would break the bank.

• Like 2

Lame - not that I'm a fan of pricks with more money than they know what to do with racing sailing boats around, but it would be sort of nice if 7 could have bothered covering more than the first 90 minutes of the Sydney to Hobart race.

It's not like having a couple of chase boats and choppers to provide maybe an hour or two extra coverage would break the bank.

The problem is once they are out in open oceans its not that quite simple. Its dangerous for anyone out there even the sailing boats. To put choppers and boats on the water is very expensive.

I just follow the race on the Rolex site it gives you updates on positions and such using satellites ,interesting to see how things go tonight. With heavy Southerly winds expected it could be the decider in the winner.

Bugger-all effort to have a few boats, they can keep up and keep decent clearance so not to be unsafe or steal their wind - and/or a couple of choppers. They could relay fixed camera feeds from some of the yachts.

Really, for such a high profile "sporting event" the provided coverage is still in the stone-age.

Edited by Rybags

Why is number 7 always a powerful number? Strange

It isn't. That you take notice of it when it is, and don't when it isn't is what makes you think it's always/often true. That's called confirmation bias, and it's very easy to fall for. Even professional researchers need to watch out for it.

• Like 2

With all these obese guys on channel 7 downing greasy burgers, I was reminded of this gold. Still as hilarious as ever! NSFW language.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hard to believe in less than a week we will be in a New Year.

Still trying to think of what i should do first in New Year ,holidays or a new PC?

Holidays in a nudist camp ,no clothes needed. Just a money belt.

I do not understand how some people can still deny that Darwinian evolution can be a real phenomenon. Even as an abstract idea, the process just works, but if you look around even a tiny bit harder you keep seeing it happening. And now it's been demonstrated with teams of opposing self-modifying code: http://www.futurity.org/computers-mutations-evolution-826882/

Brief excerpt for the click-shy:

Researchers pitted self-replicating computer programs against computer viruses in the domain of the Avida platform for digital evolution.

The co-evolution of host and virus ultimately led to organisms with capabilities superior to those of organisms that evolved without battling the viruses, says Luis Zaman of Michigan State University's BEACON Center for the Study of Evolution in Action.

"The organisms faced off against some pretty nasty viruses, ones that quickly overcame the easy ways of becoming resistant," says Zaman, who's now a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Washington.

"This left only more and more complex options for co-evolving hosts. We thought to ourselves, maybe the organisms that were more readily adaptable than the others, more evolvable, would be the ones left standing at the end of the experiments."

I'm not religious, and never have been - and most here know that. I can see, though, how evidence that is contrary to your chosen teachings' Book would be challenging.

What I can't see is how pretending it doesn't exist is a valid course of action. When something like that pops up, then either the Book is wrong, or it's the deity's chosen mechanism for assisting ongoing creation. What's so difficult about that? For that matter, what's so hard about saying that ALL the laws of physics are just the way He (or She/It/They) set things up in the first place? Isn't that intricate system of interference and reinforcement, of harmonics and dissonance, of subtlety and 10 trillion shades of grey MORE awesome and beautiful than simply saying "God did it."

Bah. 'Tis the season, I guess. ;p

erections have been diamond like lately

So... No gifts of little blue pills for you, then. Noted.

But seriously: Overshare, dude. I'm happy for you, but I really don't need to know that, and can live without mental cartoons of Clockwork Orange bovverboys rockin' around with enormous hardons. Seeing Roddy kick 7 shades of snot out of a bum is confronting enough without him sporting a huge boner as well. ;p

• Like 1

I'm almost at the point of being quite over this present weather build-up.

Faith (heh) in humanity restored!

As we first reported in December, former Seventh Day Adventist pastor Ryan Bell has spent 2014 exploring a life without God. Initially he posed it as a test of his faith, done after a series of personal setbacks made him question everything. Soon, it became clear that atheism was growing on him.

Some had criticized Bell’s “intellectual experiment” as little more than a publicity stunt. A few assumed that he wouldn’t give atheism an honest shake. Those opinions seem to have been blown out of the water this week when Bell officially announced that he would be extending his “year without God” indefinitely. He just found no compelling reason to go back.

The bitterness coming from some Christians following his decision is both amusing and sad.

• Like 2

The bitterness coming from some Christians following his decision is both amusing and sad.

And utterly predictable. If he'd be a Muslim instead, you'd get all of that plus a fatwah or two and possibly a riot.

If he'd been a Taoist, Buddhist, Zen, Hindu, or of any of a dozen or more other faiths nothing would have happened at all - they all figure if you're a big enough idiot to deny the 'obvious', then it's your own problem. Even the freakin' Clams don't give much of a shit unless you bad-mouth their scam Church.

went to gp today he kind of confused me. I been getting these cramps in my legs ,and he said it might be lack of salt. I told him i eat lots of Potato Crisps and such and he said it could be wrong type of salt.

I always thought Salt was Salt.

I had that about a year ago, can be electrolyte deficiency or general dehydration.

Just realised I've got a bar of Toblerone that's been sitting unopened since Xmas 2013 - goes to show how much I don't like that shit.

I had that about a year ago, can be electrolyte deficiency or general dehydration.

Just realised I've got a bar of Toblerone that's been sitting unopened since Xmas 2013 - goes to show how much I don't like that shit.

Toblerones are one of those chocolates that I know I hate, but for some reason feel obliged to taste every time I see it. It must be the odd shape. :P

The shape is another turnoff, the pieces on larger bars are more than you want for a small serve, not that I do most chocolates in small servings.

Bottom line is, it falls into that "CBF'd looking any harder" gift category also populated by deoderant/shaving packs and tins of shortbread biscuits.