Caelum

What's on your mind?

You lot need to get out more.

They won't let us out of the ATOMICMPC geriatric ward. We might start something.

You need to stay in more ... * waves *

Spewin'...literally.

There can't be much left, surely???

:(

Good to see you're missing the keyboard. Feel better very soon stuub27

The SM Black Hole at the centre of the galaxy sucks in mostly carrots, and they travel via wormhole to the stomachs of people who are vomiting.

• Like 3

You need to stay in more ... * waves *

Spewin'...literally.

There can't be much left, surely???

:(

Good to see you're missing the keyboard. Feel better very soon stuub27

Thanks eveln. Perhaps am through the woods

And Rybags, no carrots?!?!

(Apologies if this is a double post, my connection is having issues, it seems)

Carrots are strange things. There's a tie-in between them and belly-button fluff somehow, and a Nobel Prize waiting for the one who unravels the mystery.

• Like 3

Never heard of Casper ,must be a nice guy.

Watch Mad As Hell. It's not a bad show.

Another reason to only either make your own bread or buy from sole trader family bakeries.

The "factory" breads like TipTop & Buttercup are bad enough, fairly common knowledge that for some years now they just bake it in one place then freeze and ship out and you get it often over a week later.

Then there's this one from Coles:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-10/coles-fined-millions-over-false-freshly-baked-bread-claims/6383062

Coles ordered to pay $2.5 million for false 'freshly baked' bread claims

~ found guilty of misleading consumers by advertising bread as "baked today, sold today" and "freshly baked in store".

The bread was found to be partly baked months earlier overseas before being brought to Australia.

~

The court also banned Coles from promoting baked-then-frozen bread as "Baked Today" or "Freshly Baked" for three years.

We still buy Coles bread ,tastes like glue after and goes stale very fast. You can see the mix is not mixed properly with uncooked flour in the grain of he bread.

Yep, I've found theirs and the same with Woolworths, sometimes the bread seems stale as soon as you open it, whether white or multigrain.

They do kickarse Tiger buns though and their damper style rolls are good but they both also seem to be bad within 2 days.

As opposed to getting multigrain or white hi-top or flour loaf from a proper bakery, they're usually good for 4 days.

• Like 1

Was just reading The Australian Business section ,did you know Solicitors are the Pillar of Society?

Nearly fell off my chair laughing. Geez where do these reporters get their trash from.

Was just reading The Australian Business section ,did you know Solicitors are the Pillar of Society?

Nearly fell off my chair laughing. Geez where do these reporters get their trash from.

If you gave us a concise list of your sources I'm sure it would shed some light.

Subscriber only article. Screw them, they're not getting any of my dollars.

Another reason to only either make your own bread or buy from sole trader family bakeries.

The "factory" breads like TipTop & Buttercup are bad enough, fairly common knowledge that for some years now they just bake it in one place then freeze and ship out and you get it often over a week later.

Then there's this one from Coles:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-10/coles-fined-millions-over-false-freshly-baked-bread-claims/6383062

Coles ordered to pay $2.5 million for false 'freshly baked' bread claims

~ found guilty of misleading consumers by advertising bread as "baked today, sold today" and "freshly baked in store".

The bread was found to be partly baked months earlier overseas before being brought to Australia.

~

The court also banned Coles from promoting baked-then-frozen bread as "Baked Today" or "Freshly Baked" for three years.

There's nothing particularly wrong about freezing bread. As far as cooked foods go bread freezes pretty well. Of course it shouldn't be advertised as baked fresh (which also implies it's australian made). The main reason to stay away from factory bread IMHO is the preservatives which I assume are in it. Real bread should go stale in about a day. Maybe two days if you wrap it well. Sliced bread that stays reasonably fresh for a week has to be some kind of dark magic. I have no idea what's in the stuff, and I can't be bothered checking, but I'm assuming there is some form of artificial preservative doing this.

-X

Frozen then thawed break isn't the same as fresh, and advertising as fresh is a fraudulent act.

Same as frozen fish isn't fresh, and frozen vegetables aren't freshly picked.

Actually good home baked bread will stay reasonably fresh for a few days and go stale without going moldy unless it is very humid. Well wrapped and in the fridge still sandwich material for up to three days, toast for a couple more.

Not so with most any store-bought especially sliced.

If really pressed to it and no time to bake some we get Lawson's, pretty good bread.

But really, even if you don't want to do the whole bake from scratch thing a bread making machine is a cheap and easy way to get decent bread and small loaves that get used quicker.

Obviously an overwhelming majority of people don't want to be bothered given the amount of bread sold every day :)

Cheers

I've even had problems with the so-called boutique packaged breads like Abbotts and Helgas - pay 4 bucks for a loaf on a normal weekday only to have it at the only good for toast stage the next day.

• Like 1

Found 3 redback Spiders in my bedroom ,all dead now. They love nesting in my bedroom its the warmest in the house.

And i mostly use Coles bread for toasting or the Sandwich maker as it fits perfectly.

Yep, I've found theirs and the same with Woolworths, sometimes the bread seems stale as soon as you open it, whether white or multigrain.

Fuck Woolies and Coles in general, particularly for their gross "fresh" produce practices. But also for their baked products. We've made our own bread at home for years, it is far, far superior (even if I do say so myself!). I've been to Germany, and France. What we call "bread" in Australia is anything but. We don't even.

But mostly, just fuck Woolies and Coles in general. I support them monetarily as little as possible, where possible.

PMSL. Port Pirie woman with big jugs flashed the Google Street view car http://www.9news.com.au/world/2013/05/31/15/25/greatest-moments-caught-by-google-street-view

Now they've defocussed it to the point where nothing is recognisable, even parts of the house.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-33.206311,137.992459,3a,75y,220.19h,73.3t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sxdXd5kIcmy7rDlzVOs_aWw!2e0