Caelum

What's on your mind?

Jon Stuart and others have got waaaay more sense than to want to run for the job.

Actually, Jon *did* run for office - with Colbert. They didn't seriously think they had a snowballs', though. And they didn't.

Ah, my mistake. Maybe they should have another go at it now...

Having one of those moment where I genuinely accept my responsibility for how something panned out, and also accept that I simply can't be fucked trying to fix it. In a weird kinda way, also OK with the fact that I was the asshole in this narrative.

I'm having trouble imaging you being an asshole toward even a funnelweb. :p Can totaly deal with the rest, though - owning your fuckups is just part of being an adult that a lot of people never seem to learn.

To me an asshole can be perfectly moral and ethical. You can just... still be an asshole I guess. I reacted and behaved in a way that was full asshole, regretted it then, regret it now, I take total responsibility for what its cost in the end. But it takes more than one person to make a transaction work, and they certainly brought their asshole to the table........ hmmmm, that doesn't read very well....... the other party certainly can't claim much higher ground is what I'm trying to say.

Given the emotional cost, given some of the opportunities to right what was wrong, I would have though I'd leap at the chance. Yet, here I am, just, apathetic and done with it. I think mainly because their own actions suggest the same. The reason I even sound it out here in the first place is I'm just a little surprised at how easy that was. To just, 'fuck it dude, lets go bowling', check out and not really care as much as I thought I would. And they did the same too, two adults (apparently), just.. fuck-it.. and that's that mattress man, that's that.

Edited by MrFriendly

New address just went to NBN Service Class 2. (Drop in place, NTD required).

Getting my installation appointment shortly.

Winning!

• Like 1

Fucken cock Yachtzee game on the phone.

Gives itself 2 Yachtzees to my none, but only beats me by 13 points (subsequent Yachtzees worth 100 each)

It can happen quite a bit that I'll not particularly like the person serving in the shop I go into, but I've never felt the urge to

make a complaint about them, because regardless of my taste, I've been given appropriate if not good service.

And then today happens. It's my lunch hour, so time is limited but not drastic, or so I thought...

I wanted to buy a t-shirt. Two for the deal going would've been dandy, but they needed to be 100% cotton.

That was my need. Anyway this place had half a dozen large trestle tables set up with lots of fairly carefully fold t-shirts.

Potential for success was looking good as most were plain coloured and even had a breast pocket - bonus !

When I entered I was the only one other than the girl serving. She said " hello " and asked me if I'd like some help.

So I said that'd be great, I'm on my lunch break but would like a couple of t-shirts, but that they must be 100% cotton.

She then pointed me to the massive amounts of fairly neatly folded t-shirts I mentioned already and said I'd find them there,

and did not move from her possie behind the counter.

So I looked at her, then looked at the tables, then I looked at here again. Thought " wtf , I can see the sizes easily enough ",

and proceeded to look ... some were 50/50 cotton & polyester; some were viscose & polyester & something else with not a thread of cotton

to be found !! When I realised what this could mean for me to find my two t-shirts, I asked her if she knew where the all cotton's were.

She vaguely waved her hand in the general direction of another table other than where I was and said they'd probably be there.

It's amazing what that vagueness did to my politeness and respective gestures towards the clothing I was going through.

I'd like to think it took her a good hour to tidy up after me, but I don't believe she was responsible for the neatness I found on

entering the premises. And that's a shame ( that it's likely someone else will tidy up her lack of service ) << that thought gave

me the guilts for a few moments, but then I thought ... " well they'll consider that when they're hiring another person, and my

time for looking for my purchase had become seriously compromised, and being tidy and thoughtful of others had pretty much

gone out the window ."

I did finally find a t-shirt suitable to my requirements ( on yet anther table that she had not vaguely alluded to ), and took it up the counter.

I've been getting the odd cheapy things in there for over a decade with never a problem before her. She was not going to drive me out !

" Ohh ! " , she said. " There's a two-for-$20.00 deal going just now, don't you want another t-shirt ?? "

I came within cooee of calling her " a stupid fucking cunt that didn't deserve to have the job " ... seriously. Such a small effort from her it

would've been to have me not feel that way

I refrained and went to the sister shop ( two doors down ) and complained to the manager lady.

I never do that.

Never had to do that ... before.

Yeah,and no thanks Cyb3r. I still don't do any shopping online. No monetary transactions at all, so far

I like to touch and see a smell the product first ;)

Edited by eveln

New address just went to NBN Service Class 2. (Drop in place, NTD required).

Getting my installation appointment shortly.

Winning!

Installation is one week from today. Woot woot.

Was reading an article about a girl wearing Skinny jeans and then walking through the parklands and become paralysed due to muscles and blood flow cut off.

So why do people wear skinny jeans if it is going to cause harm to them. I know this girl was helping with moving and her legs where swollen but still why not change into a looser pair of jeans. Also she could not move and paralysed in Adelaide Parkland how dangerous with so many druggies in the parks.

Also she could not move and paralysed in Adelaide Parkland how dangerous with so many druggies in the parks.

Prety sure she didn't get a choice about where to be paralysed. ;p

• Like 1

Yeah,and no thanks Cyb3r. I still don't do any shopping online. No monetary transactions at all, so far

A lot of stores have free returns these days. I recommend trying online shopping, retail stores are chock full of overpriced garbage.

A lot of stores have free returns these days. I recommend trying online shopping, retail stores are chock full of overpriced garbage.

Every where is full of overpriced garbage ... it just depends on whether, and how much, one needs the particular piece of over priced garbage.

I don't want to return goods. I want to buy them and move on to what ever. I'm not a good shopper, but when I actually make the effort I prefer

to get it right the first time. Shoes and bags are the only items I've ever really ' enjoyed ' shopping for. And now my preffered locale means my

shoe shopping is dismal to irrelevant, and, well, bags are not such a big deal either :(

;)

Just make damned sure you are there Squall, Middy had the NBN wankers pull the sneak up to the door knock lightly and run away trick on him necessitating a re-scheduling :)

Cheers

• Like 1

What do you call a masturbating cow?

Beef strokin'off.

fkn 3 weeks to get a parcel from Sydney? 4 days to get one from Brisbane? WTF is going on with Australia post, it's not like I live in outer Mongolia.

fkn 3 weeks to get a parcel from Sydney? 4 days to get one from Brisbane? WTF is going on with Australia post, it's not like I live in outer Mongolia.

I usually ask them to deliver parcel to the nearest Post Office ,this is really fast. Just ask courier company to do this as no one is at residential address during working hours.

Remember they only deliver every second day now. This has caused a lot of backlog at the sorting centers (have 2 mates who work there).

Mail may have droped by say, 25%, but dropping deliveries by 50% means a 25% increase in workload.

those extra couple of bucks for express post are finally worth spending.

I got some Ram today that was sent from Cairns last Friday... normally it'd be a bit quicker.

Sorting centres and deliveries are 2 seperate entities - a backlog in deliveries shouldn't affect sorting centres assuming staffing there hasn't been cut though I suspect they'd probably do so across the board.

Generally the mail here gets trucked from a district centre to locked boxes in each suburb (usually at shopping centres). That way the bikes only need to pick up from there rather than carrying a huge load from the depot. They'll usually do multiple pickups depending on how much mail is going to the particular suburb.

ed - it's also often the case that the rider doing a particular delivery will do the final sort for that suburb as well. They can start work between 5 and 6AM but they're not allowed to go on the bikes until 7am or so (a mate has been postie for ~ 15 years so has explained a lot of the process).

Edited by Rybags

I've had stuff here take a week to cross four suburbs - very erratic service but I would suggest it is probably a little difficult to be taking pride in your work when you know your job is in line to be cut.

Cheers

Sometimes they have monumental fuckups. Sometimes they have excess mail for Cbr and it just gets freighted to Sydney to be sorted.

Also there's some Canberra suburbs that have coincidental names for places in SA, especially on the Indian-Pacific railway and it ends up over there.

Haven't noticed any delays. I bought something off ebay on Monday afternoon and it arrived this morning, Victoria to Brisbane. I'm going to have to start paying more attention, methinks.

I find it hard to bitch about Aus Post. We've kinda signed the death knell ourselves :-p Still, I remember stuff, up to 15 years ago, taking 4 days to get 3 hours down the road, so Things Happen sometimes, I guess :-) But. This time, I'd just bought something completely non time-critical so I was pretty relaxed about delivery times. I'm sure if I was actually waiting for it, it'd be delayed and then I'd be huffy :-)

Haven't noticed any delays. I bought something off ebay on Monday afternoon and it arrived this morning, Victoria to Brisbane. I'm going to have to start paying more attention, methinks.

I find it hard to bitch about Aus Post. We've kinda signed the death knell ourselves :-p Still, I remember stuff, up to 15 years ago, taking 4 days to get 3 hours down the road, so Things Happen sometimes, I guess :-) But. This time, I'd just bought something completely non time-critical so I was pretty relaxed about delivery times. I'm sure if I was actually waiting for it, it'd be delayed and then I'd be huffy :-)

Was it express post or regular?