Caelum

What's on your mind?

That's rooted then. The newer hot water systems will often run at high temperature and mix in cold which means they run at higher pressure.

The irony there is that the reason is to minimize the Legionella risk.

I was told by the plumber that it was just big nanny fucking things up because 'some kids somewhere might accidently burn themselves'..now we're stuck with hot water that wont go past 50c. Wankers.

IMO the better method was to just turn the thermostat down and put up with less pressure but gain by less energy use.

With the old systems it's got me fucked why people run them so hot - the only thing you need really hot water for is if you have badly dirty dishes and in that case you could just run the kettle with a litre of water to get the same effect at a bees dick fraction of the overall cost.

I've heard that as well D.

WOMM ?

I have like most people a mix of saucepans, just manged to have two in use, one with an insulated handle, one without... Guess which one I grabbed ?

Frozen peas are your friend :)

Cheers

MrF: Do you want me to check with my boss? He has friends that own IT companies down your way. He does remember "Junior".

AD

Hey everybody, don't forget to put in your overtime claim.

At 10am today a leap second is being added to clocks around the world. Don't let your employer get that one second of work for free!

Turned 38 yesterday. Wouldn't it be more appropriate a custom for parents to be receiving presents on one's birthday??

I don't get it, don't we "save up" the leap seconds and spend them all on February 29?

No. Time-keeping is surprisingly complex, with extra seconds added here and there, as well as whole days every 4 years unless it's divisible by a thousand unless unless it's divisible by 30... Or something like that. There's a good intro to it on SciShow. Wait a sec... Here:

Damn Flash did a forced update via Facebook ,what a load of crap. Was reading some news sites and whammo ,all flash stuff had disappeared off timeline.

Then i get the prompt to allow or block in corner of screen.

Seems like Facebook is forcing users to update regardless of whether they want too or not.

I don't think FB has anything to do with it, unless you're running a dedicated application.

Firefox just blocked my Flash from working - they've gone all paranoid on security, if certain plugins get out of date too much they just disable them.

I don't think FB has anything to do with it, unless you're running a dedicated application.

Firefox just blocked my Flash from working - they've gone all paranoid on security, if certain plugins get out of date too much they just disable them.

Facebook does it updates FLASH for games on their network. Which i thought was strange when i have updates turned off. So i updated it manually up too the latest version after just in case it was a fake update. Secondly i went into FF addons and set it too "Ask for Activation" for safety.

IIRC, anything that's running flash can instigate a request for update.

On the subject of web related stuff... wow are there some shitful websites out there now. HTML5 and Flash being big culprits at times. And the want for sites that function on both tablet and desktop being another - in most cases it ends up shitful on one or both.

Current websites to be added to my hate list - Woolworths and AllClassifieds.

Edited by Rybags

Turned 38 yesterday. Wouldn't it be more appropriate a custom for parents to be receiving presents on one's birthday??

Yeah ...seriously, no.

Also HappyBirthday for yesterday !

They say Heavy Metal is supposed relieve Anxiety and Stress ,nearly blew me off my chair.

I prefer Classical Music its safer ,i can only hear half of it.

rangerron.jpg

Speaking as someone who's had some familiarity with Australia's wildlife: "Amen!" If you have a choice in the matter, yer a fucken' loon to opt for that shit. Camping is what you do after the plane crash. ;p

Edit: Er...website: http://oglaf.com/ Big fat NSFW warning attached.

haha had to LOL at this one (NSFW !!!!!!)

Well, well, well... People like me have been hanging out for volumetric displays since Star Wars' chess set, and been constantly disappointed by the "3d" technologies that weren't ever since. Looks like actual 3d displays might have got just a wee bit closer: http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/29/researchers-use-femtosecond-lasers-to-display-touchable-images-in-the-air/

A Japanese company called Aerial Burton has been using lasers to ionize air molecules in midair for a few years now, thereby creating bright pixels that float in space. Using the original system, however, you were essentially creating floating plasma which could burn you if you touched it. Now, however, the researchers at the University of Tsukuba, Utsunomiya University, Nagoya Institute of Technology, and the University of Tokyo have reduced the power necessary to generate the images by using femtosecond lasers, a feat that lets you actually tap images to interact with them.
[...]
Because there is still considerable energy in the lights touching them creates a physical sensation akin to haptic feedback. This means you can actually “feel” light as it floats in front of you, creating some pretty unique user interface systems.

You should read the article - it has a bit more information, and a nice YouTube clip showing the thing outdoors in daylight. Nobody interacting with it, though. :(

At this early point, it looks like shit, I have to admit. However, being able to pull that off is pretty damned awesome - I can't even see the stuff on my 'phone's screen when it gets bright. All it needs is a faster refresh rate and it's a workable monochrome display already. Colour, otoh, is probably going to be somewhat...challenging.

Kanye trying to sing Bohemian Rhapsody. The horror.

Yeah saw that too. My question is why has someone who sings as bad as I do made a fortune in the 'music' industry?

• Like 1

So Queensland is getting a Cyclone in July ,a first in History of Weather Events.

Don't know about that. The warning says is was 6.6 Deg S near the Solomons so still a fair way off.

And it's moving further away:

The cyclone is moving east northeast at about 8 kilometre per hour and is now
beginning to move in a general eastwards direction parallel to the Solomon
Islands.

The system will remain very far offshore and does not pose a threat to the
Queensland coast.

Don't know about that. The warning says is was 6.6 Deg S near the Solomons so still a fair way off.

And it's moving further away:

The cyclone is moving east northeast at about 8 kilometre per hour and is now

beginning to move in a general eastwards direction parallel to the Solomon

Islands.

The system will remain very far offshore and does not pose a threat to the

Queensland coast.

Their keeping an eye on it as it very unusual to get a cyclone in the area in July

MrF: Do you want me to check with my boss? He has friends that own IT companies down your way. He does remember "Junior".

AD

Given the how unexpectedly our lives are already in twain, I wouldn't be surprised if I already work for one of these friends :P

I'm actually pretty happy where I am. I'd love to knock out MSCA and Azure before I'm ready to move on, and even then, there's so much experience I can gain where I am.

But I'll see how I'm going at the end of the year.

How is your world going man? Any luck with Lab Tech? I think we're going to ditch it and keep looking for an alternative to Kaseya.

Damn Firefox is getting more strict with out of date addons . Last night i updated Flash and Java and this morning it forced me to update Java again.

Even updated Firefox to 38.0.5 latest version. Browser security must be really heating up.