Caelum

What's on your mind?

That's 9.44 minutes of my waking life Cyb3r ... :P not sure I want to spend it on Donald.

Fired up the PC this morning and for a brief moment I smiled when I remembered it would take a minute to boot in the old days :)

How fast wow becomes normal and the new minimum...

You sure they are piloted ,thought they where remote controlled. But anyhow it would be great sight.

The video of the American's making the challenge to the Japanese had their vehicle as piloted. You can see it in their video arounf the 50's mark. I have included their challenge video below.

IMO, voting should be electronic and citizens should be allowed to vote on policy directly. We don't need representatives to do this for us in the 21st century.

i am not yet convinced 100% electronic voting can provide superior oversight from a security standpoint than the current clunky meatspace method.

however, voting on policy directly? hell yeah. that idea is all kinds of radical.

Edited by @~thehung

IMO, voting should be electronic and citizens should be allowed to vote on policy directly. We don't need representatives to do this for us in the 21st century.

i am not yet convinced 100% electronic voting can provide superior oversight from a security standpoint than the current clunky meatspace method.

however, voting on policy directly? hell yeah. that idea is all kinds of radical.

Yep, the Diebold fiasco during the second GWB election should put paid to any ideas that electronic voting is safe and can't be tampered with.

My Father is pretty aggro today ,the drains are blocked and we had them done today. Now the new Hot water system is playing up ,the water is barely warm.

And since the plumber poured a lot of acid down the pipes my throat is sore ,the fumes just stunk my room up of rotten eggs.

Also noticing they are lowering the gas pressure in our area it could be the problem with the hot water.

Unless the gas pressure has dropped to near nothing it should make no difference to hot water. Houses have a pressure regulator anyway, the pressure required to run a heating element is practically nothing.

I voted electronically once - the problem with that is you're forced to vote, there's no way to go informal.

As for voting on every single policy when it arises - wasn't there a movie made once about that sort of thing?

In reality it's a ridiculous idea. To have an informed decision would mean every eligible voter needing to spend hours going over each option.

Of course that wouldn't last long. Obviously policy voting would have to be non-compulsory. So what you'd end up with is ridiculous policy ideas getting over the line because the general population would be for the most part too lazy to vote, so only the hardliners for or against would participate and in most cases the yes vote would be larger.

Unless the gas pressure has dropped to near nothing it should make no difference to hot water. Houses have a pressure regulator anyway, the pressure required to run a heating element is practically nothing.

I voted electronically once - the problem with that is you're forced to vote, there's no way to go informal.

As for voting on every single policy when it arises - wasn't there a movie made once about that sort of thing?

In reality it's a ridiculous idea. To have an informed decision would mean every eligible voter needing to spend hours going over each option.

Of course that wouldn't last long. Obviously policy voting would have to be non-compulsory. So what you'd end up with is ridiculous policy ideas getting over the line because the general population would be for the most part too lazy to vote, so only the hardliners for or against would participate and in most cases the yes vote would be larger.

Oh I dunno.

Seems to be working OK for these guys.

http://www.riksdagen.se/en/How-the-Riksdag-works/Democracy/Referendums/

:)

A similar process applies in Switzerland but I tend to agree with Ry in this case, Australians are not Swedes or Swiss :)

Cheers

A similar process applies in Switzerland but I tend to agree with Ry in this case, Australians are not Swedes or Swiss :)

Cheers

No, we're gullible numpties who seem quite content to complain for ever about the way the country is going while at the same time resisting all efforts to attain some semblance of self-direction.......

• Like 2

That's one way of looking at it, or us, the other is we just ignore the fuckwits, which we can only do at our peril.

In very, very simple terms I do not have any desire to be sucked into playing Canberra games ;)

Cheers

Nup. eBay. For some reason so many people do it. It's like they're scared it's a scam seller and want to see if others are buying. Often it's on single item sales as well.

NSW getting obliterated, haven't even looked like being a chance of scoring since about 15 minutes into the game.

I get the feeling it'll be a 30+ margin and they'll only get a consulation try late in the game if anything.

Was reading another hack took place using Adobe Flash ,they just patched up a big hole now their is another. Adobe Flash code must be like Swiss Cheese with all the holes in it. Their programmers must be really poor not pick up leaks after patching a security hole.

Was reading another hack took place using Adobe Flash ,they just patched up a big hole now their is another. Adobe Flash code must be like Swiss Cheese with all the holes in it. Their programmers must be really poor not pick up leaks after patching a security hole.

It's not exactly trivial to write 100% correct code. The only way to guarantee correctness is with formal verification - which takes an order of magnitude more time than writing the code itself. It's also a skill that next to nobody is qualified to do outside research institutes.

• Like 1

Nice dog act from the pay parking company.

It's a parking area where you buy a ticket from the machine, variable time depending on how much you want to put in.

I put $2 for an hour, ticket printed time 1:53pm and it kindly gives me an expiry time of 2:50pm.

Real nice, I wonder what I'd have gotten if I printed it at 1:58? Probably 2:50 as well. Absolutely no reason that they should need to do rounding, it's an obvious ploy to catch people out.

Heh,

Yeah seen that, it's also always worth checking the time they think it is, often not correct and at variance to your watch/phone whatever. I successfully persuaded an inspector to put his ticket book away by showing him that a few weeks ago, his watch agreed with mine but not with the meter.

Cheers

Yep, that's the other thing. I usually correct my mobile phone time every couple of weeks so it's fairly close but the machines dispensing the tickets always seem a couple of minutes out.

Not sure mine has the option, fairly sure it allows manual or "network time" which I assume it gets from the phone carrier.

I just set it manually - http://time.is

No idea if that site uses an accurate source either but I'm not aiming for microsecond accuracy. So long as it's +- a minute from reality, it's enough.