Caelum

What's on your mind?

The rain/clouds actually made it warmer, at night anyway.

So how is everyone in the Eastern States coping with the cold weather?

In Adelaide we got cold but barely any rain or showers. Although the wind last night and today felt like ice it was most annoying to heat a room with a heater that i can only use one bar.

As for those CFL globes if they explode get out of the room fast ,they spread microdust with mercury ,arsenic and other heavy metals. And stay out for a while until dust settles. I still think the old filament globes are the best as all the flak over carbon being emitted seams to be flawed.

It's fkn freezing. My dick just fell off.

I swear I walked outside last night and mine almost turned from and outie to an innie.

So how is everyone in the Eastern States coping with the cold weather?

In Adelaide we got cold but barely any rain or showers. Although the wind last night and today felt like ice it was most annoying to heat a room with a heater that i can only use one bar.

As for those CFL globes if they explode get out of the room fast ,they spread microdust with mercury ,arsenic and other heavy metals. And stay out for a while until dust settles. I still think the old filament globes are the best as all the flak over carbon being emitted seams to be flawed.

It's fkn freezing. My dick just fell off.

What no Mr.Snuggles to curl up with ? lol

:)

Better get used to it :

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/earth-heading-for-mini-ice-age-within-15-years/story-e6frflp0-1227439329592

or at least until some scientist has a look at the next cup of tea-leaves :)

Cheers

I love how people think that this is proof that climate change has been disproved. If you have a natural cycle, compounded with an artificial rise, then that rise will simply translate that cycle upward. Summer may very well be a bitch on the uprise of the cycle. Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.
  • Like 2

It's observational versus projection really Cyb3r, it is indisputable that the Arctic ice is melting, enough to open up over the pole shipping routes, but here is a projection saying a mini ice age is on the way.

Given the time-line of the projection these are not mutually irreconcilable but people tend to not think that way :)

Cheers

I love how people think that this is proof that climate change has been disproved. If you have a natural cycle, compounded with an artificial rise, then that rise will simply translate that cycle upward. Summer may very well be a bitch on the uprise of the cycle.

Indeed. Added to which, anyone who has paid attention at any point in the last decade should know that "global warming" means putting more energy into the atmosphere. ie: The weather gets more extreme - which does not just mean hotter hots, but also colder colds.

Which is why I find this article interesting Cybes, the projection is for lower energy output by the sun for a time.

Cheers

OMM Wondering why thehung has posted a picture of Dj Def Tones extended family.

I just thought he was having a nostalgia moment - same mags used to run those ads you could buy a Daisy BB gun mail order.

Which leads to what is on my mind:

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/the-national-rifle-association-attacks-australian-gun-laws/story-fns0kb1g-1227440051191

I call open season on rednecks, with rotten eggs, really humiliate the fuckwits.

Cheers

• Like 1

OMM Wondering why thehung has posted a picture of Dj Def Tones extended family.

I just thought he was having a nostalgia moment - same mags used to run those ads you could buy a Daisy BB gun mail order.

Which leads to what is on my mind:

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/the-national-rifle-association-attacks-australian-gun-laws/story-fns0kb1g-1227440051191

I call open season on rednecks, with rotten eggs, really humiliate the fuckwits.

Cheers

Those SeaMonkeys i used see the adverts on the back of comics or the American kids mags. SeaMonkeys are actually "Briney Shrimp" ,they do all weird things.

Must agree our Gun Laws are the only thing that is saving us from a US style attack ,the Americans really need these laws.

Edited by codecreeper

Eh,

America has issues, that it does not want to even see, let alone recognise or deal with.

Cheers

Pretty sure I got shrimp eggs with a microscope I got when I was about 12... never tried to get them going though.

• Like 1

Eh,

America has issues, that it does not want to even see, let alone recognise or deal with.

Cheers

And to a lot of them the oppression of 'rights' is a greater issue that a few dead folk. I can see both sides of the argument. I can't see an equitable solution.

Was just reading that Firefox has now automatically blocked all Flash operations ,so bad news if you want to use Flash anymore in Firefox.

The head of Mozilla has had enough of Adobe and its buggy programs and security flaws ,adobe flash is blocked until it can prove to Mozilla that it has no security flaws. So its bye bye to Youtube which still uses Flash for region coding for Firefox users.

YT uses HTML5 - I think for a while there was the option for either, not sure if it's still the case.

Article about the moves against Flash http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/14/firefox-blocks-flash/

Too bad the "war" is only against Flash and not Adobe as well.

Also too bad MS didn't take over Macromedia. The support well may have been almost as bad but at least it probably would have meant we'd not have to put up with Silverlight.

Edited by Rybags

You know it's cold when the southerners put on wraps and jumpers to go out to dinner ;)

YT uses HTML5 - I think for a while there was the option for either, not sure if it's still the case.

Article about the moves against Flash http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/14/firefox-blocks-flash/

Too bad the "war" is only against Flash and not Adobe as well.

Also too bad MS didn't take over Macromedia. The support well may have been almost as bad but at least it probably would have meant we'd not have to put up with Silverlight.

Just a pity a lot of users will now be disadvantaged by not visiting their regular sites. Seems a Bullish move by Mozilla in one hand ,but another hand i can see the point of why they had to do this.

I think a lot of users of Firefox that need Flash may power up other browsers in retaliation to Mozilla's threat.

It isn't really what you think code.

I just was on news.com and wanted to look at a YT clip, it was blanked out with a warning that Flash has security vulnerabilities but giving me the option to activate Flash which I did. This in Firefox.

Hopefully it will shame Adobe into doing something about their swiss-cheese code.

Cheers

• Like 1

It isn't really what you think code.

I just was on news.com and wanted to look at a YT clip, it was blanked out with a warning that Flash has security vulnerabilities but giving me the option to activate Flash which I did. This in Firefox.

Hopefully it will shame Adobe into doing something about their swiss-cheese code.

Cheers

This is why i now use "Ask to Activate" just to be safer.

I've not changed a thing so looks like Mozilla has made that decision for its users.

Cheers

• Like 1

It would be better handled if they had a whitelist system for it - but I suppose for many that just becomes cumbersome and confusing.

I don't have the problem - running an older version of FF due to the fact that newer ones tend to break extensions and I just don't like the way browsers are headed insofar as slowing down user operations with ridiculous layout and taking away functionality.

ed - seems I do, despite updating the plugin about 3 days ago it's gone and disabled it again though it does give me option to enable and remember.

Edited by Rybags

Had a mole the size of a 20c coin removed from my back on Tuesday afternoon, ended up with 5 deep tissue suchers and 7 on the surface, bloody hell it hurts. The pain I can deal with, not finding out if it's anything more than a mole, I can also deal with, the interupted sleep is a real killer.

I did sleep quite well last night, however my wife slept on the couch because my snoring was so loud :) She didn't want to poke me in the back to make me move and stop snoring, the night before she was also up when I woke up every few hours to provide more pain relief, my wife is so awesome I am truly lucky to have her in my life.